Prithvi Shaw

5 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

I wish to see this kid bat with KL Rahul. Boult said swing didn't create any problem for him, if thats case he is better than Dhawan already for oversea test series. 

most of the domestic cricketers are better than dhawan (in swinging conditions) . 

2 hours ago, renjith said:

Ideally should perform for 2 consecutive first class seasons before being considered for india team.

Why? That statement is so overrated. It would be hard to find players who developed game just by playing Ranji. He is scoring 100 for fun in domestic cricket. It would be better for him to face international bowlers and develop his game. 

4 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Why? That statement is so overrated. It would be hard to find players who developed game just by playing Ranji. He is scoring 100 for fun in domestic cricket. It would be better for him to face international bowlers and develop his game. 

He has played only 4 first class games so far. Let him play atleast 10. There is a purpose for domestic cricket.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

If either of our first choice test openers are unavailable for any reason then I hope selectors keep Prithvi on standby as the preferred backup. He's just outplayed rahane on what must be a tricky pitch. 

No need to waste time regurgitating the same old mediocrities. 

:nice:

Prithvi Shaw is very short . It means that many standard height deliveries are near his waist and standard waist-high deliveries are near his chest.

This  is probably resulting in him getting very used to tackling the bouncing ball.

We see in the above videos .... on the England tour where the pitches had some bounce or while tackling 6'5" + pacers like Ishant and Pankaj ..... Shaw has looked very confident on the back-foot against bounce, both while defending and attacking.

Plus, Boult has stated that he tackles swing very well.

Could do well outside Asia.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, fineleg said:

dsr is orgasming ! :)

Good kid and hopefully can solve the 'opening' trouble in Test team of future, but let's give him a year or two (atleast one, two better), to rack it up in A-tours first.

Nah he is not going to learn much from that, he is ready for International debut over Dhawans. Dhawan should be going back to domestic to improve his game. 

23 minutes ago, fineleg said:

dsr is orgasming ! :)

Good kid and hopefully can solve the 'opening' trouble in Test team of future, but let's give him a year or two (atleast one, two better), to rack it up in A-tours first.

Kid should have played Sri Lanka tests 

but as missed that no way shoudl play debut in sa . First test home series debut him . Or even better get him in for last 2 tests now 

On 10/31/2017 at 12:24 AM, RPSinghalong said:

Hello. I enjoy watching this young guy bat future star for India cricket. Surely must be selection soon.

I luv Cricket i n India!!!

So which one is more likely to bag a pair in the first Ashes test - Warner, Bancroft, Paine, or Marsh?