Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2017

tweaker

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

thats what i meant it is too slow 

but most bowlers with side on or round arm action will have slower run-ups because they generate pace due to body pivot, back and lower body. While bowlers who have front on, semi-open or semi-side-on action likes of Dale Steyn, Brett Lee, Donald, Shami will have to have quicker runup to generate pace because they generate pace through their runups. For Sangwan, it has to be about right balance and needs to be balances at the crease too. 

14 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

When did that occurred?

He bowled one at 146 k today, with international games you usually see bowlers giving 110%, also speed guns show higher readings, unless u r Unadkunt or Chawal n bowl at 125 k .

Aniket has mix of pace, bounce, can move ball back in he to me should be in India squad for coming tours , have been talking about him for 3 or more years now, but selectors r clueless.

Thampi also very exciting find and should be looked at in ODI n t20 n A tours.

Sangwan is quite experienced and wants India cap bad n should be given a go in A tours n ODI , hopefully India has Zim, Kenya, ,WI they should include young hopefulls

3 hours ago, MCcricket said:

For people making fun of Aniket compared to Starc, Sangwan n Aniket not far behind Starc in terms of pace, Sangwan can touch 150 k n average close to 140 now and Aniket is a skillfully n correct tall bowler who can rattle batsmen with pace n bounce.

Selectors have to be blind n ignore them, intact I would pickup Aniket or Sangwan ahead of BK in test , as they are left armers get bounce n the angle and can be effective regardless of wkt.

Shami

Umesh/Aaron

Ishant/Aniket/Sangwan

Pandya/Shankar

Wish I see this line up playing for India soon n this would give nightmare to any side in any conditions

Yes, best transitiom though would be to see Sangwan in 50 overs first for India than test. We do not want to be in situation where Shami is injured and Umesh and Sangwan are only two bowling together. That is too early to try right away as Umesh himself isn't consistent in test. Hence, if we can give Sangwan an International experience in the form of LOI's, he can take that into test cricket for India. 

Important for selectors to realize that 50 overs provides the best transition. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In T20s, yes.

Interestingly, Nathu Singh was bowling quicker than Sangwan in the 4-day Duleep Trophy games and who knows what speeds he might have touched if he was playing in the zonal stage.

Nathu was hitting slower pace in domestic one days. I have doubts that he will be over 145. Even in Duleep, there was only one quick spell between 138-142.

Edited by rkt.india
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Nathu was hitting same pace in domestic one days too. I have doubts that he will be over 145. Even in Dileep, there was only one quick spell between 138-142.

No....speed-guns were in operation for only one game Nathu played in Duleep Trophy and he bowled a 138 k to 143 k spell there.  Also bowled other 135 k to 141 k spells apart from that.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Navdeep Saini and Mohd Siraj. Siraj hits 140k and Saini also hit 140k in a domestic game and is a tall guy. Both good young prospects.

Siraj is too raw this season.... not ready for India A yet.  He is a good prospect though and may become good in a year or two.

Liked Saini last season and he could have become even better this season.