Spiceless pitch-Expected better from Hyderabad

maniac

1 hour ago, maniac said:

As far as acumen goes it comes with being a student of the game and watching the game with utmost dedication. Doesn't belong exclusively to me...just like everyone has a 6 pack under that gut...you just have to work out to achieve it...that guy with the 6 pack of cricket acumen is me

:laugh:

OK this wins Lolwa of the day for me.  Just Awesome.  Lagta hai @mit$ ke shaagird ICF ke kone kone mein basey huey hain.  

3 hours ago, maniac said:

that guy with the 6 pack of cricket acumen is me.

Wonder why other people not even a single other person doesn't share that sentiment about you :giggle:

By the way ...

Rohit Sharma - probably won't play another test for India for a while.

Ishant Sharma - the way he's going he won't play much test cricket for India, and he's already out of LOI teams for a while now.

Ambati Rayudu - most likely will never play for India in any format.

Ben Duckett - out of England team in all formats.

Hardik Pandya - a chance to play for India in tests. In the first XIs in LOI formats atm.

Kedar Jadhav - locked the no.6 spot in ODIs even though 'something is missing' :giggle:

And we all know how this has turned out ...

People are still not getting the point.

Ok let us make it elementary and focus on key words

This- pitch- hyderabad-flat

This statement does not equal to

India will lose

I only saw a couple of posters making an articulate argument about the pitch

Jeez!!!

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Stop crying.  We already have one whineleg.  Pitch is absolutely fine - already turning a bit.  Test match wickets are expected to be good for batting in the first couple of days.  

Ok Tony Robbins.

Spiceless tracks may not be the most entertaining pitches as a viewer but yes a win means a lot more on these. Already turning a bit,zip for the bowlers where are you people getting this from? just because new ball beats the bat a couple of times doesn't make it a fast bowler's pitch or the odd ball turning make it a minefield. true bounce,ball coming on to the bat are all hallmarks of a flat pitch which is how it has shown so far.

Abey Andhey Acumen's anal wart, did you watch the game?  Taijul and Mehdi were getting decent turn, especially considering this is only day 2.    Day 4, this track is going to be quite tough to bat on.  You can't expect for it to be "challenging" on day 2 and pronunce the pitch a "flat track" based on that.  But its in line with your usual jump to conclusions based on half-assed "acumen" BS.  

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

People are still not getting the point.

Ok let us make it elementary and focus on key words

This- pitch- hyderabad-flat

This statement does not equal to India will lose

I only saw a couple of posters making an articulate argument about the pitch

Jeez!!!

What nonsense. Not even single poster said that you said India will lose. Show us one single post to the contrary. Most said the pitch may not be as flat as you think.

This is your OP .. read it properly ... you are making the same mistake again .. judging the pitch based on day one .. and others are merely pointing that out.

21 hours ago, maniac said:

Looks like a dull draw.....don't see anything in this pitch. Bangladesh has a decent batting line up capable of drawing the game. Tamim,Shakib,Mushfiqur and Mahamadullah.

No Grass for Bhuvi,No Bounce for Ishant,Not Dry enough for reverse swing for Yadav and most importantly no spin fo Ash/Jadeja.

23 minutes ago, maniac said:

Spiceless tracks may not be the most entertaining pitches as a viewer but yes a win means a lot more on these. Already turning a bit,zip for the bowlers where are you people getting this from? just because new ball beats the bat a couple of times doesn't make it a fast bowler's pitch or the odd ball turning make it a minefield. true bounce,ball coming on to the bat are all hallmarks of a flat pitch which is how it has shown so far.

Almost all  Indian test pitches have nothing for pacers bowling with the new ball....so, nothing new there.

We may see reverse swing when Umesh Yadav bowls with the older ball.... we will have to wait and see. I don't think the Bangladeshis are that good yet at maintaining the ball to get sufficient reverse swing with regularity.....so, their inability to get reverse does not prove much.

We have seen decent bouncers from both sides  and  bounce is not unusually low on this track.

I think most viewers like it better when the pitch is not a raging turner and  provides more turn as the game progresses. That has been the case so far with this pitch.

If we see minimal reverse swing with the old ball when we bowl and the ball does not turn much even from the 4th day onward...... then we can criticize the pitch as being one which is tailor-made for a draw....let us wait till that time.

Edited by express bowling
39 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If we see minimal reverse swing with the old ball when we bowl and the ball does not turn much even from the 4th day onward...... then we can criticize the pitch as being one which is tailor-made for a draw....let us wait till that time.

But I've got cricket acumen. And I'm an attention wh*re.

22 minutes ago, philcric said:

But I've got cricket acumen. And I'm an attention wh*re.

Yeah let us lock ICF for the first 4 days of a test match and then give our opinions on it when the game finishes.

The world should be filled with Tony Robbins,unicorns,candy canes,santa claus and fairies

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Almost all  Indian test pitches have nothing for pacers bowling with the new ball....so, nothing new there.

We may see reverse swing when Umesh Yadav bowls with the older ball.... we will have to wait and see. I don't think the Bangladeshis are that good yet at maintaining the ball to get sufficient reverse swing with regularity.....so, their inability to get reverse does not prove much.

We have seen decent bouncers from both sides  and  bounce is not unusually low on this track.

I think most viewers like it better when the pitch is not a raging turner and  provides more turn as the game progresses. That has been the case so far with this pitch.

Excellent well articulated post.

with Reverse swing especially the SC bowlers minus Bangladesh are at their best at exploiting it when the pitch is a little dry......End of Day 3 and 4 should be the best time for it even on the most placid tracks.

Not taking Bangla bowlers into account a  score of nearly 700 suggests it was an easy paced surface without any demons.

As I said earlier,Bangladesh can easily implode or the obvious that one of our bowlers produce a magic spell,India will be the favs but all I am saying and getting bashed for is that this is also Bangladesh's best shot to draw the game given the pitch.

Infact winning here regardless of the opposition just like the tests in Mumbai,Chennai etc is a good thing,it negates that controversial Bhajji tweet of Indian team playing on dustbowls. I am all up for it. only concern is why are we even giving the opposition a shot.As a cricket fan,I love a fair game but also want India to decimate teams.

9 hours ago, maniac said:

Infact winning here regardless of the opposition just like the tests in Mumbai,Chennai etc is a good thing,it negates that controversial Bhajji tweet of Indian team playing on dustbowls. I am all up for it. only concern is why are we even giving the opposition a shot.As a cricket fan,I love a fair game but also want India to decimate teams.

India is decimating teams. Check the scores in the England series. or the West Indies series before that. Or South Africa series before that. Or Sri Lanka series before that.

Consider the possibility that you may not have appetite or patience for test cricket, nor the understanding of how pitches and game situations and relative strengths of two playing teams work.

Are you my frickin shrink? Lol this is a forum....everyone has an opinion...you don't like something you ignore, you disagree with something you are free to do so and Express yourself.

cant believe you have to be schooled in basic forum rules 101.

As I said even in the previous thread or on this one I never said India will get smashed or India will lose.i commented on the pitch. 

It it is not like teams have not won or lost badly on the flattest of pitches.doesnt take the fact that pitch is flat...how difficult it is to understand a simple concept.

As far as acumen goes it comes with being a student of the game and watching the game with utmost dedication. Doesn't belong exclusively to me...just like everyone has a 6 pack under that gut...you just have to work out to achieve it...that guy with the 6 pack of cricket acumen is me.

Rofl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk