Get them out below a lead of 400 and unleash the God of chasing

maniac

30 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Arent the commentators saying it is like a 7th day track already.

Sure...the Aussie commentators are. They were trying to say this even before the match started, so that if they lose, it can all be blamed on the pitch.

Gavaskar has been repeatedly saying that this pitch is a normal Indian turner and it is quite possible to bat on this pitch.   Some balls are turning big and that happens on any Indian turner but there are lots of normal deliveries too.

Sure, it is not a flat pitch like we got for 4 of the 5 tests against England . But 3 of our in-form batters were out to  seamers. Only Pujara's delivery was really good.  Rahul threw his wicket away and both him and Pujara were not looking that uncomfortable while there. Rahane is bad against spin.  Ashwin was unlucky the ball hit his boot and lobbed up. Jayant did not realize that he had dragged his foot out of the crease, he did not look that bad during his brief stay.  Jadeja also threw his wicket away.  

Which of the top order dismissals on our side were off unplayable deliveries  by spinners   ?

I dont know from where is this misplaced optimism n bravado coming in many people here :hmmm::hmmm:.

It is better to have misplaced optimism than misplaced pessimism in these situations.  Optimism may create 10% chance of winning. Pessimism will only make sure that we lose surely.  What have we got to lose in this situation  ?    We will; either stay where we are now  and the only change possible is we winning       : )

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Sure...the Aussie commentators are. They were trying to say this even before the match started, so that if they lose, it can all be blamed on the pitch.

Gavaskar has been repeatedly saying that this pitch is a normal Indian turner and it is quite possible to bat on this pitch.   Some balls are turning big and that happens on any Indian turner but there are lots of normal deliveries too.

Sure, it is not a flat pitch like we got for 4 of the 5 tests against England . But 3 of our in-form batters were out to  seamers. Only Pujara's delivery was really good.  Rahul threw his wicket away and both him and Pujara were not looking that uncomfortable while there. Rahane is bad against spin.  Ashwin was unlucky the ball hit his boot and lobbed up. Jayant did not realize that he had dragged his foot out of the crease, he did not look that bad during his brief stay.  Jadeja also threw his wicket away.  

Which of the top order dismissals on our side were off unplayable deliveries  by spinners   ?

It is better to have misplaced optimism than misplaced pessimism in these situations.  Optimism may create 10% chance of winning. Pessimism will only make sure that we lose surely.  What have we got to lose in this situation  ?          : )

Aus commentators were praising the pitch today,how such pitches produce low scores but good cricket to watch.May be Aus supermacy in the game prompted a mood change.Anyways I admire your 10% chance of winning optimism but I ll stay on the side of realism for time being :) 

3 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Aus commentators were praising the pitch today,how such pitches produce low scores but good cricket to watch.May be Aus supermacy in the game prompted a mood change.Anyways I admire your 10% chance of winning optimism but I ll stay on the side of realism for time being :) 

Yes....they started to say something positive only after they were on complete top in this match      : )

I think people need to realise that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST Australia can play. Look at their batting line- up - Warner, Renshaw, Marsh, Smith, Handscomb. This top 5 is all class and have shown some signs that they will be at least decent in our conditions. The problem for the Aussies is what comes after - M.Marsh, Wade, Starc, O'Keefe, Lyon and Hazlewood. That bottom six is simply not sustainable. Mitch Marsh has not performed for who knows how long, Wade is a lottery, Starc can hit bit but is still more or less a slogger, O'Keefe is a poor man's Jayant with the bat and Lyon/Hazlewood should be bunnies with the spinning ball. So, I honestly don't think this is a batting line-up that  can make more than 350 consistently unless Smith has a massive series. 

You compare that to our batting - Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane. That line-up, at worst, is equal to Australia's top five. If I'm being honest, I'd say its better because they are a known quantity here in India. The real difference is our lower order though - Ashwin, Saha, Jayant, Jadeja, Umesh and Ishant. Ishant and Umesh may be bunnies but the other four are all very handy. Simply put, our line-up should have no problems outscoring the Aussies and the 105 capitulation is just an aberration (hopefully :biggrin:)

If you look at the  two teams' bowling attacks as well, I don't think there's much separation. Their pacers, Starc and Hazlewood, are no doubt world class. Once again, though, in Indian conditions I think Ishant and Umesh narrow that gap. The Aussie duo is still better but only because they are more consistent and reliable than our bunch. When it comes to spin, Ashwin/Jadeja is so much better than Lyon/O'Keefer it's not funny. No argument. Jayant vs M.Marsh is more interesting because Marsh's bowling style should be innocuous here but Jayant has been bowling utter trash. If he improves though then we win this match-up as well.

It's highly likely we'll lose this match, unfortunately. If we win, awesome, but its less than a 1% chance. In a way though this performance might actually be good for us. A win here, or hopefully just a moral victory, will mean Australia stick with M.Marsh and not give guys like Maxwell or Agar an opportunity. Simply looking at their team and ours, it's clear - man vs man - we're better. If they don't change things, or we give them a more placid wicket, they won't win. They won't come close. But them winning means they'll just ignore that. 

Ultimately, though our boys need to make sure this doesn't happen again. Okay, Australia had one good performance. Even Bangladesh beat the mighty Aussies once in 2004. Ireland beat Pakistan in 2007 and England in 2011. We beat the Windies in 1983. Sometimes it happens. But we're clearly better and if we want the respect of the cricketing world, we need to make sure we bounce back. Honestly, I'm fairly confident we will and that this won't be another 2012 England tour of India repeat. They're just not good enough.