Ashwin completes double of 2000 runs and 200 wickets

4 hours ago, bleaf27 said:
  1.  He got cleared and was given medically fit to play Hence you play.   Every athlete needs rhythm , Whether cricket or not -  that is not an excuse to perform horrendously on international stage.  Being a liability just because you haven't found your "rhythm" is not a reason.  

Got fit and played doesnt mean ull hit the strap straighaway.....

U have answered ur self all athlete needs rhythem ....without it how wud u perform

He became fit doesnt mean he ll come in rhythem n form straightaway 

He has been quite ordinary in Odi for few yrs and overseas he hasnt found answers till now  , even in test he has to figure his game out overseas

Being a liability just because you haven't found your "rhythm" is not a reason.  - u cant perform without hitting ur groove, rhythem or strap .......thats y words like match fitness, form are use 

Ashwin has a really bad body and its ridiculous that in a team of Kohlis,Jadejas and Rahuls of the world, he isnt rectifying it. I don't see him playing past 35. 

Still, that leaves him enough time to get to 4000 runs and 500 wickets - good enough to be a top 5 all rounder of all time. 

You give Ashwin too much credit. I dont rate Warne and Murali as bowlers anyway.Jadeja outperformed him and so will Yadav. He is one of the five good spinners India has. He does not walk on water as his supporters claim.
You have really very high standards.....
Have any played cricket on any level

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

How is he winning the matches/ How do you know someone else would not do the same or better? you have know idea how pathetic he is. There are three other spinners in India who can outperform him. Get over it.
Who are those 3.

BTW, I believe that Ashwin is one of the best spinner india has ever produced

14 hours ago, surajmal said:

Ashwin has a really bad body and its ridiculous that in a team of Kohlis,Jadejas and Rahuls of the world, he isnt rectifying it. I don't see him playing past 35. 

Still, that leaves him enough time to get to 4000 runs and 500 wickets - good enough to be a top 5 all rounder of all time. 

He started weight lifting with Kohli and Dhawan apparently.

On 8/6/2017 at 2:59 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Got fit and played doesnt mean ull hit the strap straighaway.....

U have answered ur self all athlete needs rhythem ....without it how wud u perform

He became fit doesnt mean he ll come in rhythem n form straightaway 

He has been quite ordinary in Odi for few yrs and overseas he hasnt found answers till now  , even in test he has to figure his game out overseas

Being a liability just because you haven't found your "rhythm" is not a reason.  - u cant perform without hitting ur groove, rhythem or strap .......thats y words like match fitness, form are use 

This is why if you do not have the capacity to fit form right away ( in many sports you are expected to hit your performance level when you come back )  then do not play.   Who's responsibility it is to make sure if you are selected you are able to perform .  Would costing a match or a tournament worth it ?

He should have asked to sit out esp with lack of practice matches if he felt he wasn't ready. 

Top cricketer in SC+WI conditions. Can run through teams on helpful surfaces and even though he can easily command a place in the team on his bowling alone in these conditions, also contributes well with the bat. The number 6 returns he has provided has helped us pick an extra batsman. Hope he can improve on non spin friendly wickets too. 

23 hours ago, surajmal said:

Lets not even get started with the Kohlis and Rahuls of this World. What good is a good body for Kohli if he can't even freaking hold on to half the catches that come his way. And what good is a good body when after every two Tests you fall sick or get injured as is the case with Rahul. I'd take what looks like a bad body over what looks like a good body but is not effective. 

On 8/6/2017 at 7:54 AM, Gollum said:

He failed badly in one match(final) where even Jadeja and the Pakistani leggie got taken to cleaners. In fact Jadeja would have hit a century if he had bowled his full quota that day, pitch was a graveyard for spinners. Same Ashwin bowled brilliantly on flat pattas in 2015 CWC.

He failed in one match? You have no credibility. He was hands down the worst spinner in the tournament. Some people like to argue.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:43 AM, vvvslaxman said:

There are many instances Ashwin outperformed Jaddu too. Yea bhuvaneswar outperformed Kohli at Lords with bat. Bhuvaneswar should be picked in place of Kohli for England tours? They basically complement each other. That is why they were no.1, no.2 bowlers in the world not long ago.  You don't win 7 man of the series (should have won 8) just by not being the best bowler in the country. 

I am looking at the overall affect. He did not belong in CT. He was one of the main reasons why India lost.

On 8/6/2017 at 10:30 AM, vvvslaxman said:

Most of the bowlers get figured out in 5 or 10 tests.

When they suck you will get back to Ashwin? That is not the way you build a nucleus. You don't use horses for courses policy in Test matches. Here is a bowler who is averaging 25 in tests and ranked 2nd or 3rd in the world. You ignore him over a rookie. Your ranking tells you how long your slump is. Ashwin is still miles better than any spinner in India. Not only that. He is better batsman than some of the top order in overseas conditions. Don't make up stories there is a warne , murali waiting in the wings. We have seen everyone. Only guy who can walk in is Kuldeep. I challenge you he will be figured out within 5 or 10 tests if he doesn't add variations.

Test averages are not done correctly. It is best not to use them.

27 minutes ago, Texan said:

Lets not even get started with the Kohlis and Rahuls of this World. What good is a good body for Kohli if he can't even freaking hold on to half the catches that come his way. And what good is a good body when after every two Tests you fall sick or get injured as is the case with Rahul. I'd take what looks like a bad body over what looks like a good body but is not effective. 

Ashwin looks pathetic on the field. Please dont compare him with Kohli.

59 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

What is so complicated about Test averages. How many actually average 25 with that "incorrect" method. From India he and Jadeja are the only two that too playing in batsmen friendly era.

I have been complaing for eons that straight up test average is wrong. IPL averages are more indicative. CT is more indicative. test is meaningless. The other two averages show a very poor bowler in Ashwin.

12 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Who are those 3.

BTW, I believe that Ashwin is one of the best spinner india has ever produced

That would be Kumble. Kumble - Hands down the best spinner ever. Please dont get me started with Warne and Murali.