My doubts abt Msd is cleared & It is not juz coz of Todays innings

PSB_Zone

Well like all of u I also had the doubt that Msd can play the next world cup or not coz its certain that he is only 50℅ batsmen he used to be...

But he is a better keeper and also after observing minutely for so many games that his brain and shrewd tactics which he shares with the bowlers and the lower order batsmen is like gold and any one in place of Msd like yongster pant didnt have that...

Dont just luk his batting & keeping in this winning streak.. There are lot other factors associated with him which might hv added to these wins.

Even if he bats at no. 7 behind Pandya is gud enuf. And he can always used as a floater in times of collapse..No way his batting specially the strike rate going to harm India this way..

Rest department he is phenominal ..And combined all the departs makes him probably second best behind Kohli in this team.

He does provide insight to the bowlers ,more so the spinners.

Also he needs to be there cause kohli is not the great captain  and needs to learn a lot,he has the luxury of turning to dhoni now,that helps.

i seriously feel dhoni could bat at 4 and would be much more helpful at that position than his current batting spot,but we need to give rahul a few chances first.

Edited by RAZPOR
2 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

He does provide insight to the bowlers ,more so the spinners.

Also he needs to be there cause kohli is not the great captain  and needs to learn a lot,he has the luxury of turning to dhoni now,that helps.

i seriously feel dhoni could bat at 4 and would be much more helpful at that position than his current batting spot,but we need to give rahul a few chances first.

No 4 is going to expose him badly. From last series he is batting at no 6 and doing good. Don't fix which ain't broken. Simple.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

No 4 is going to expose him badly. From last series he is batting at no 6 and doing good. Don't fix which ain't broken. Simple.

I think 5 is better for him, with his dipping s/r 6 is low 

And with his age reflexes will slow down more so 4 in overseas wnt work as well. Also high time we figure out our 4 in pandey or rahul for long term. dhoni will go after 2019

As a full package with multiple skills, nobody is as good as Dhoni in our ODI team, and this has been the case for years now. He has been used as a floater throughout his career and that is something which is very hard to find a replacement for. People who have some sort of experience of playing high level cricket would know how much a nightmare it is to float around as per situation demands. 4,5,6,7 - All these positions require multiple skills, temperament, hitting abilities, running between the wickets, fitness. We have recently started testing different players(KL, Pandey, Kedar, Pandya) using them in different positions to groom them to become Yuvis and Dhonis of our middle order who can play in all situations. It is a killing job to do.