Jump to content
vishalvirsingh

Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Umesh was Brillant today. He bowled really phastttt that match ended in his 15 run over :bow: Keep it you legend 

Couple of full length deliveries gone wrong.  One of them Russel just about managed to get it past. It was not as bad as it looks. Umesh should have just continued short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

you mean abbas, junaid ,sohail trundling  at 127k's...naaah!:giggle:

Nah I’m talking about some people on here and other forums we’re going on about how there were 10-15 140 kph + bowlers in India. Where are they?

 

Abbas is in the mound of Bhuvi, he’s a test specialist and will play a pivotal role in England. The other two are rubbish, it is beyond me how Junaid still manages to hold onto his place when we have the likes of Shinwari taking wickets and bowling at up to 145 k’s. Sohail on the other hand hasn’t played since the world XI t20’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Where are they?

umesh was bowling 140k upto 149.2ks fastest, shami cranking 143ks, bumrah yesterday 144ks, khejroliya 142ks,deepak chahar 139ks......... anyways ...i saw junaid bowling at 125-127ks in psl match.....and hassan ali around 131-133ks.... only wahab riaz and amir bowl 140 +........and btw.....bhuvi bowls around 132k-133ks and swing both ways,whereas sohail bowls 125k-130ks and doesnt swing both ways and also bhuvi bats in green pitches...averages 33 with the bat in south africa against rabada,morkel etc....

 

 

enough said ......bye!:bow:

Edited by LORD_analyst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

umesh was bowling 140k upto 149.2ks fastest, shami cranking 143ks, bumrah yesterday 144ks, khejroliya 142ks,deepak chahar 139ks......... anyways ...i saw junaid bowling at 125-127ks in psl match.....and hassan ali around 131-133ks.... only wahab riaz and amir bowl 140 +........and btw.....bhuvi bowls around 132k-133ks and swing both ways,whereas sohail bowls 125k-130ks and doesnt swing both ways and also bhuvi bats in green pitches...averages 33 with the bat in south africa against rabada,morkel etc....

 

 

enough said ......bye!:bow:

Lol Hasan bowled around 130-135 kph in his first of matches because he came off an injury, after he got his rhythm back he was back to the usual 138-142.

 

Bowlers that bowled clocked 140 and above more than simply once, in the PSL: (excluding foreigners)

 

Wahab

Amir

Hasan

Shaheen

Irshad

Irfan

Shinwari

Rahat

Sameen

Faheem

Ammad Butt

 

 I’m probably missing some, but this is off the top of my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Lol Hasan bowled around 130-135 kph in his first of matches because he came off an injury, after he got his rhythm back he was back to the usual 138-142.

 

Bowlers that bowled clocked 140 and above more than simply once, in the PSL: (excluding foreigners)

 

Wahab

Amir

Hasan

Shaheen

Irshad

Irfan

Shinwari

Rahat

Sameen

Faheem

Ammad Butt

 

 I’m probably missing some, but this is off the top of my head. 

Sorry. go to speed thread and revisit all the pages where speeds of Indian bowlers in completed tests for the past 3 years were listed by @express bowling. Your bowlers trundle at 120 while Indians bowl up to 152 k. Its a no contest, t20's are 24 deliveries with speed variation not accurate display of pace.  Dont do same old arguments again and again, lies wont become truth suddenly because you keep repeating them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Sorry. go to speed thread and revisit all the pages where speeds of Indian bowlers in completed tests for the past 3 years were listed by @express bowling. Your bowlers trundle at 120 while Indians bowl up to 152 k. Its a no contest, t20's are 24 deliveries with speed variation not accurate display of pace.  Dont do same old arguments again and again, lies wont become truth suddenly because you keep repeating them.

And the guy that bowls at 152 kph cant even find a place in your squad, quite indicative of his ability rather than the strength of the Indian attack. The only time Amir has been bowling in the late 120’s was when he wasn’t fully fit in the steamy UAE. Abbas I already know is a trundler, regardless of his pace, he’s proven to be effective and will continue to do so in apt. conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ellipsism said:

And the guy that bowls at 152 kph cant even find a place in your squad, quite indicative of his ability rather than the strength of the Indian attack. The only time Amir has been bowling in the late 120’s was when he wasn’t fully fit in the steamy UAE. Abbas I already know is a trundler, regardless of his pace, he’s proven to be effective and will continue to do so in apt. conditions. 

Dude shami and yadav hit that speed. Shami in test within the last year. I am not talkimg about Aaron. Aamir bowls 125 to 135 in tests. Shami umesh Bumrah ishant 135 to 148 bhuv hardik 130 to 145. Wahab bowls up to 152 in one test i will givw you that. But currently on avg Indians bowl faster in tests entirely based on facts no trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Sorry. go to speed thread and revisit all the pages where speeds of Indian bowlers in completed tests for the past 3 years were listed by @express bowling. Your bowlers trundle at 120 while Indians bowl up to 152 k. Its a no contest, t20's are 24 deliveries with speed variation not accurate display of pace.  Dont do same old arguments again and again, lies wont become truth suddenly because you keep repeating them.

And yet no one in the history of Indian cricket has ever come close to bowling as fast as Wahab did in the test series vs England 

The fastest Indian bowler right now is Bumrah perhaps snd he gets upto 148 kph max.

Edited by the don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the don said:

And yet no one in the history of Indian cricket has ever come close to bowling as fast as Wahab did in the test series vs England 

The fastest Indian bowler right now is Bumrah perhaps snd he gets upto 148 kph max.

Fastest is Shami 152 which he clocked in 2017. Wahab clocked 153 in england which is faster in a test match. But we are talking about sustained pace throughout the 3 years in every test. India has had atleast three bowlers hitting 142 to 145 in each of the tests did pak do that in last 3 years ? No. Dont just bring in strawmen give respect where it is due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, the don said:

And yet no one in the history of Indian cricket has ever come close to bowling as fast as Wahab did in the test series vs England 

The fastest Indian bowler right now is Bumrah perhaps snd he gets upto 148 kph max.

did you watch Aaron bowling against Aus in 2014 tour? He was faster than Mitch Johnson on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, the don said:

And yet no one in the history of Indian cricket has ever come close to bowling as fast as Wahab did in the test series vs England 

The fastest Indian bowler right now is Bumrah perhaps snd he gets upto 148 kph max.

bumrah certainly was bowling 90 miles in saf....picked up 14 wickets in 3 test matches.......wonderful!.....was 2nd highest wicket-taker in the series..with more wickets than morkel,philander etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, the don said:

And yet no one in the history of Indian cricket has ever come close to bowling as fast as Wahab did in the test series vs England 

The fastest Indian bowler right now is Bumrah perhaps snd he gets upto 148 kph max.

aaron bowled much faster in 2014 series vs aus....average speed 144.6ks....90 miles average.......wahab riaz was bowling 87to 89 miles....

 

here's the video

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umesh needs to bowl with this bowling action consistently where his bowling arm stays closer to his body  in the load up. he bowled with this action before and too and was more consistent and faster but then he went back to his older action.  i had once tweeted to him too with the video when he was with Delhi about this action and he bowled 148k in that game against RR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Where are the 140 KPH shuper shtars?

 

In the first 3 IPL matches, only 4 Indian bowlers who have pace have played. The fastest they have clocked in 1 match each are

 

Umesh       149.2 k

Bumrah      146.4 k

Khejroliya  143.2 k

Shami         142.0 k

 

Quick bowlers of Indian origin who are yet to play are

 

Nagarkoti

Khaleel

Avesh

Saini

Mavi 

Thampi

Asif

Sangwan

Siraj

Aniket C

 

Quick Indian pacers not playing the IPL are

 

Aaron 

Nathu

Ishant

 

 

It is a tad difficult to bowl 140 k+ in a game without playing the game     :phehe:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

 

Bowlers that bowled clocked 140 and above more than simply once, in the PSL: (excluding foreigners)

 

Wahab

Amir

Hasan

Shaheen

Irshad

Irfan

Shinwari

Rahat

Sameen

Faheem

Ammad Butt

 

 I’m probably missing some, but this is off the top of my head. 

 

Bowling a few 140 k + deliveries in a T20 tournament does not qualify as quick.

 

Quick bowlers end up bowling 135 k to 145 k or higher with 80% or more of  their non-slower deliveries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khejroliya needs to work on getting stronger and gain some lean muscles like Umesh, Aaron.  Right now, there is too much pressure on bones. needs to work on his forearm muscles.  it is too bony at this point.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Bowling a few 140 k + deliveries in a T20 tournament does not qualify as quick.

 

Quick bowlers end up bowling 135 k to 145 k or higher with 80% or more of  their non-slower deliveries.

Couldnt follow any of the games. How did Khejroliya look to you? Chances of him bowling 145+? And was Umesh bowling quicker than what the speed guns were showing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Couldnt follow any of the games. How did Khejroliya look to you? Chances of him bowling 145+? And was Umesh bowling quicker than what the speed guns were showing? 

you can watch replay on hotstar. Khejroliya looked fine for his debut IPL game. we have seen some worse IPL debuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Couldnt follow any of the games. How did Khejroliya look to you? Chances of him bowling 145+? And was Umesh bowling quicker than what the speed guns were showing? 

Yes definitely he was quick,but initially the speed gun was not working properly as the batsmen were hurried by Umesh's pace still it was reading like 123k,124k,134,132.even Mitch Johnson looked pedestrian.However,later half of the innings witnessed proper and valid readings..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Couldnt follow any of the games. How did Khejroliya look to you? Chances of him bowling 145+? And was Umesh bowling quicker than what the speed guns were showing? 

 

Khejroliya needs to work on building rhythm while bowling his spells. He is a bit erratic in terms of ball release and speeds. ( I am saying this based on the domestic games I have seen him in too )  Also, he needs to develop a stock ball.

 

Umesh was bowling really quickly and the speedguns have not worked properly in all the 3 IPL matches so far.

 

All international pacers have clocked speeds which are much slower than their usual speeds... but clocked some quicker speeds too. Speed gun readings have been partly ok and partly lower.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Khejroliya needs to work on building rhythm while bowling his spells. He is a bit erratic in terms of ball release and speeds. ( I am saying this based on the domestic games I have seen him in too )  Also, he needs to develop a stock ball.

 

Umesh was bowling really quickly and the speedguns have not worked properly in all the 3 IPL matches so far.

 

All international pacers have clocked speeds which are much slower than their usual speeds... but clocked some quicker speeds too. Speed gun readings have been partly ok and partly lower.

I think just in the name of cost cutting they are using same old speed guns used in Ranji matches.Bcci not respecting its own league..sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

aaron bowled much faster in 2014 series vs aus....average speed 144.6ks....90 miles average.......wahab riaz was bowling 87to 89 miles....

 

here's the video

 

Lol no . I posted the data in the other thread . Wahab was much faster clocking high of 156 kph .

Anyways this is not the thread for this discussion . Ill see myself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

bumrah certainly was bowling 90 miles in saf....picked up 14 wickets in 3 test matches.......wonderful!.....was 2nd highest wicket-taker in the series..with more wickets than morkel,philander etc

Bumrah needs to be protected . He is massive for India's world cup campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×