Pujara's county performance thread

So you suggest backing a proven failure in Pujara, and then in the same breath eulogise about the importance of the series? How very contradictory. 

Allow me to refer to a quote constructed by Josep Guardiola i Sala:

''Taking no risk is the biggest risk you can take.''

No I am suggesting Vijay-KLR-Dhawan as top 3. 

Dhawan is also a proven failure in England's test cricket. 

We will be playing in the relatively drier month of August and with our bowling show in SA (plus current Eng batting resources) expect Eng curators to be a bit cautious now. It will still be tough the 1st 20-30 overs but IMO Dhawan has some chance this time around. Even if fires thrice (50+) in 10 innings, I will take it. He will be nicely warmed up because we play the T20s and ODIs 1st, hopefully he can score a lot there and carry the confidence to tests. Dhawan isn't a total ass like Rohit, he played well in NZ tests and is an improved player these last 12 months....just keep him away from the slip cordon. 

We will be playing in the relatively drier month of August and with our bowling show in SA (plus current Eng batting resources) expect Eng curators to be a bit cautious now. It will still be tough the 1st 20-30 overs but IMO Dhawan has some chance this time around. Even if fires thrice (50+) in 10 innings, I will take it. He will be nicely warmed up because we play the T20s and ODIs 1st, hopefully he can score a lot there and carry the confidence to tests. Dhawan isn't a total ass like Rohit, he played well in NZ tests and is an improved player these last 12 months....just keep him away from the slip cordon. 

Dhawan can't play red ball cricket. Shaw would score more than him in that format, even at this age. Dhawan, Rohit are equal to just taking any random batsman from India to England. 

Dhawan can't play red ball cricket. Shaw would score more than him in that format, even at this age. Dhawan, Rohit are equal to just taking any random batsman from India to England. 

Dhawan>>>Rohit

How about play Rahane at 3, Kohli at 4 and Dhawan at 5? Older ball, easier batting...may be he will thrive.

Edited by Gollum

Dhawan>>>Rohit

How about play Rahane at 3, Kohli at 4 and Dhawan at 5? Older ball, easier batting...may be he will thrive.

Never break anything which is working. Rahane is ideal at #5 and Kohli at #4. Without these two, our batting line up is at par with Bangladesh Boys. 

Edited by wanted_desi

As long as our selectors are not daft enough to send Rohit Sharma as part of the test squad, that's a start. I like the idea of sending shubman in. Very bold, positive move. Play him at 6 so that he can bat when it easier and he can score the runs. Im not sure Vijay still has it in him though. But if he can see out the first session and blunt the new ball he would have done his job. Hopefully rahane,Kohli,Rahul etc. can then launch their bowlers. Che is just as bad as Rohit these days on away tours. Needs to be dropped if he can't perform in warmups at the very least. 

even the likes of Babar Azam & Haris Sohail are making some runs against county teams.. And yet this 50+ veteran  'brickless' wall  Pujara  fails again and again. And he is supposed to score heavily against Anderson the 'Ashwin or Kumble' in England conditions.

BCCI ..... be guaranteed to have a whopping  failure in the next series in ENG  with this fellow in the team or  take a risk with some high promising new comers. After all  you have the examples of Dravid & Ganguly in front of you.