Match 28 | IPL 2018 | Rajputs vs Nizams, Jaipur, 4pm

chewy

Actually Archer has lot of potential but he should take international career seriously and move back to Windies

Who in the right mind would move back to windies. Nobody plays seriously in windies cricket. Their team is on verge of becoming extinct

Who in the right mind would move back to windies. Nobody plays seriously in windies cricket. Their team is on verge of becoming extinct

He cannot play for England upto December 2022 , This mean his international career may be over by that time , so no choice and play for Windies

Carib cricket forum on Archie -

He had a serious back injury, was not selected and no prospects of earning a living in Barbados. 

Chris Jordan suggested he try out at Sussex....they found him a club , helped him through injury recovery and gave him a trial in the second eleven... 

His performances got him into the first team and from there big bash and IPL.. 

In the summer of 2016 I met his dad and watched him play for Sussex..He is an outstanding talent and that really shouldn’t be in doubt now. 

Four years ago his talent was not apparent to West Indies and there was really little future for him so I am sure he will be grateful to those who helped him with opportunities. chris Jordan of course also had the experience of being released 
by Surrey and being given an opportunity at Sussex. 

It is unfortunate that in order to continue with Sussex (and IPL ) he cannot be available to West Indies and had to commit to England....but those are the rules.It is notable though that his UK employers are flexible about big bash and IPL where West Indies don’t appear to be.

He cannot play for England upto December 2022 , This mean his international career may be over by that time , so no choice and play for Windies

He will just make money in T20 leagues around the world and will be forgotten after few years. He himself I believe wants to play for England and will wait for 2022.