Ind A vs WI A, Taunton, day 4.live stream

I watched most of Siraj's overs at night.

He was trundling in his first spell and the  first half of his 2nd spell.  He pitched the ball up in search of the non-existing swing of this hot English summer and got hit.

Thankfully, from the 2nd half of his 2nd spell,  he starting bowling good length and started hitting the deck hard at good pace.  Got some seam movement from time to time and got some balls to climb as well.  Bowled some decent rising short balls and injured a batter. Picked up 3 wickets with this style of bowling which included some stump directed skiddy balls.

His line was not bad. Tried to bowl the off-stump to 5th stump lines and There were some play and misses. 

But Siraj is not a finished product yet for the 5-day format. Saini and Rajpoot are more ready.

Siraj is a type of bowler who would look innocuous if he is not bowling 135 k to 145 k range or higher ...  because he is neither a bounce bowler nor a swing bowler.  He should be advised to bowl quick all the time ...  looks good then.

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Both Gurbani and Siraj are 2nd rate. What's this 'sheer pace' talk associated with Siraj? He's a late 120k merchant to go with a non-optimal action. Rajpoot and Saini both are a level above these two.

I'd liked what I saw of lalit yadav early in the Ranji season. hopefully he'd be back soon.

Great that you brought in Lalit Yadav here ,Lalit yadav is another prospect whom we have not talked about so far,Siraj is absolutely not 120 k merchant,the 120ks which you saw were his variations,which he always mixes with his stock ball.Lalit Yadav is a tremendous talent ,if Im correct he got a cluster of wickets against Bengal last Ranji.I believe that Rajpoot and Saini are more than ready for national duty than any other in the pecking order be it Shardul,Siraj,Chahar,Gurbani etc

Edited by Suhaan
30 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Great that you brought in Lalit Yadav here ,Lalit yadav is another prospect whom we have not talked about so far,Siraj is absolutely not 120 k merchant,the 120ks which you saw were his variations,which he always mixes with his stock ball.Lalit Yadav is a tremendous talent ,if Im correct he got a cluster of wickets against Bengal last Ranji.I believe that Rajpoot and Saini are more than ready for national duty than any other in the pecking order be it Shardul,Siraj,Chahar,Gurbani etc

Some of them will never be top international prospect, Shardul, Gurbani and Chahar are three of them. They are decent second and third string options, would and should not be first choice.  Chahar can be good in places like England and NZ when ball the swings.  His issue will always be if the ball does not swing.  He will have to learn to hit the deck to get the zip.