An apology to Virat Kohli: Best cricketer in the world

YCCC

14 hours ago, YCCC said:

Some of you may remember after the first day of the first Test at Edgbaston I had a few rants about Kohli and his conduct. Namely the send offs of Root and Bairstow. I just wanted to say how he's won me over. Such a fascinating character. He may be intense and fiery on the field but his honesty and grace off the field has been exemplary. Always seems to have time for people. After day 1 at Edgbaston I wanted to wait outside the entrance on day 2 to abuse him. Now I want to meet him tomorrow at the Oval and give him a pat on the back and say what I really think of him. Virat in the unlikely event you are reading this. Thank you. Thank you for your passion for the game and especially Test cricket. Thank you for entertaining us this summer and showing us your skills. Thank you for leading your side so well to play hard but fair. On behalf of the English cricket community I thank you again and wish you every success against the Aussies.

Yeh, that goes without saying

18 hours ago, Vilander said:

when a series is hard fought and won, usually the victor has a bit of positive feeling for the vanquished. its normal human behavior. like US on Japan etc. 

it was a fine series - hope the final test lives up 

Very true. Wouldn't be the same for the Aussies or Lankies though, I'd enjoy seeing them beaten and would be lapping it up, so the fact that Kohli can provoke such positive feelings, however they come about, says a lot about him

6 hours ago, YCCC said:

Very true. Wouldn't be the same for the Aussies or Lankies though, I'd enjoy seeing them beaten and would be lapping it up, so the fact that Kohli can provoke such positive feelings, however they come about, says a lot about him

Pretty much same for Indians ..mostly neutral towards England..not a great deal of problem if beaten and win. Aus is a different story..pak obviously.