Hindi Imposition and it's implications: News, Updates & Discussion

Lannister

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Did you even read the rest of it ?

My point to the nuance is, what the sheltered, pu$$y dravidian ideology peddling southies see as 'chauvinism', in 90% of the cases, is due to hindi being a bigger spoken language and having greater outreach than their own languages. Ie, its not chauvinism, but demographic dominance. 

why are you getting angry dude ? do i try to insult you - be ok with different opinions. you are a very negative fellow. waste of energy, i have said what all i have to say to you on the subject. you can read again. no chauvinism is allowed in an egalitarian society, you can weave it anyway you like.

where is demographic dominance in Bangalore and Chennai ?? have some stats or read them before posting.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

why are you getting angry dude ? do i try to insult you - be ok with different opinions. you are a very negative fellow. waste of energy, i have said what all i have to say to you on the subject. you can read again. no chauvinism is allowed in an egalitarian society, you can weave it anyway you like.

where is demographic dominance in Bangalore and Chennai ?? have some stats or read them before posting.

The demographic dominance of Hindi in bangalore and Chennai is in terms of its presence to noticable levels compared to invisible presence of tamil or kannada in most hindi cities.

A demographically dominant community will be demographically domiant in its own home territory, while being a significant minority in countless other places, while approaching parity in some other places. 
Eg of demographically dominant communities : Hindi speakers in India, Chinese & Indian people globally. 

A demographically non-dominant/minor community will be demographically dominant in their own home territory but will be negiligible presence outside of it. Eg: tamil, kannada, bengali, gujrati languages in India.

Eglatarian society means equal opportunity. Not equal outcome. A language with 25 million speaker should not have exactly the same out-reach and influence as a language with 1 billion speakers. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

A language with 25 million speaker should not have exactly the same out-reach and influence as a language with 1 billion speakers. 

first bit of stat there anywhere. all the rest is self concept that i am not going to bother passing opinions on.

This stat or passable corollary reference or strawman that you have put here is irrelevant. 

Hindi Speakers - 370 mil( primary) + 100 mil secondary ones.

Tamil - 65 mil

Kannada - 38 mil

Telugu - 75 mil

this is not that orders of magnitude difference that warrants or allows an easy homogenization, the cost would be more than the benefits to a democracy, can be done in a future date when Hindi speakers substantially outnumber local languages in all the states like when its actually 1 billion to 25 million.

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

A demographically dominant community will be demographically domiant in its own home territory, while being a significant minority in countless other places, while approaching parity in some other places.

this expedient statement among the countless others from you is special one, as it can be applied for Islam as well, lets all convert to Islam to save the world shall we.

i agree to disagree with you.

36 minutes ago, Vilander said:

this expedient statement among the countless others from you is special one, as it can be applied for Islam as well, lets all convert to Islam to save the world shall we.

i agree to disagree with you.

Yes, it is also applicable to Islam. And if Islam is given equal opportunity, it will have a bigger global presence than Sikkhism or Jainism. That much is given, just like with Hindi. However, saying Hindi should not prevail, is a matter of simple taste. Saying Islam should not prevail, is about fundamental ethos. 

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

However, saying Hindi should not prevail, is a matter of simple taste. Saying Islam should not prevail, is about fundamental ethos

A language can not prevail or dominate its just a language it can inherently co exist. What is to be stopped is the chauvinism of the people. No one is saying atop Hindi who is saying it? I dont see it even in this thread. 

For a muslim saying islam should not grow is about questioning his fundamental right forget ethos. 

Again opinions will differ i have no problem disagreeing.

15 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Hindi at the basic level ( basic vocab n basic spoken Hindi) is known 95%+ overall and 99%+ for the younger generation. Sons and daughters of a Hindi-hating Tamil moron is also almost guaranteed to know Hindi. Cheers.

Nope its spoken by 490 mil thats around 50% 

28 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Nope its spoken by 490 mil thats around 50% 

The number is closer to 600 million if you also classify urdu into the category, which it should. I never got formal lessons in Urdu, except briefly when i tried to learn the script, but i understand 90% of urdu because of its commonality with Hindi. Yet, it is classified seperately. 

22 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

If 5x more people speak said language, then it should have 5x the exposure, prevalence, etc. Aka, dominate. 

What has exposure prevalence and aka dominate got anything to do with sign boards having local language ? Its based on necessity. Have 3 languages in sign board. Offer languge classes as an elective incentivise government servants who learn it etc. How does a language have more exposure of dominate . Whatever. Futile and argumentative.

22 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Yep. We who border the hindi states ( not just us, but also Oryas, Marathis, Gujjus, etc) are not snowflake pu$$ies like you sheltered dravidic ideology peddlers from the south.

The pussies who can't even sing the national anthem in it's original language. Your slavery to Hindi language is getting cringe-worthy. Why do you despise your own identity so much? You think Bengal is not fit to have its own unique representation. 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

The pussies who can't even sing the national anthem in it's original language.

We can and we do. The Bengali in it is highly sanskritized Bengali and the national anthem is sung in Sanskritized Bengali, not Hindi. 

Your slavery to Hindi language is getting cringe-worthy.

We are not slaves, we are just not pu$$ies like you who whine because of your sheltered existence in Indian history. 

Why do you despise your own identity so much?

I don't. I know Indian history enough to know that my Bengali identity is a proud one but secondary to Indian identity. Only congressi educated dravidic morons thinks their itty bitty regional identity can be of more value than that of Indian identity. 

You think Bengal is not fit to have its own unique representation. 

It is, it has. As a state. No state in India is fit to have an equal or unique representation beyond what is already accorded under the Indian banner. 

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

Hindi Speakers - 370 mil( primary) + 100 mil secondary ones.

Tamil - 65 mil

Kannada - 38 mil

Telugu - 75 mil

The number of Hindi speakers, even if it's their second language, is easily in the 500-600 million region. Your estimates are way off, for most Indians it is their native language or Hindi that's the logical choice.

The amount of hate for Hindi down South is astonishing, how the * did it get to this :no:

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

We can and we do. The Bengali in it is highly sanskritized Bengali and the national anthem is sung in Sanskritized Bengali, not Hindi. 

Read this snippet from Indian government's official website. 

Capture.PNG.803489b9146a29ee682004ed4d79ad07.PNG

Why would they write something like that if there are no other versions of national anthem? 

We are not slaves, we are just not pu$$ies like you who whine because of your sheltered existence in Indian history. 

You are a slave if you don't respect your mother tongue and want Hindi to be imposed on your people. 

I don't. I know Indian history enough to know that my Bengali identity is a proud one but secondary to Indian identity.

Fool, your Bengali identity is your Indian identity. Your opinion don't matter even among Bengalis. 

It is, it has. As a state. No state in India is fit to have an equal or unique representation beyond what is already accorded under the Indian banner. 

All states should have an equal status and that is the foundation of our country. 

24 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Read this snippet from Indian government's official website. 

Capture.PNG.803489b9146a29ee682004ed4d79ad07.PNG

Why would they write something like that if there are no other versions of national anthem? 

You are a slave if you don't respect your mother tongue and want Hindi to be imposed on your people. 

Fool, your Bengali identity is your Indian identity. Your opinion don't matter even among Bengalis. 

All states should have an equal status and that is the foundation of our country. 

State identity has no value.  Indian identity is what all Indians are known by.

Also states do have equal status except Kashmir.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

State identity has no value.  Indian identity is what all Indians are known by.

Your state identity gives you the Indian identity. 

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Also states do have equal status except Kashmir.

lol... No. Just look at the title of this thread. 

Your state identity gives you the Indian identity. 

lol... No. Just look at the title of this thread. 

I am an Indian irrespective of the state I live in. I was born in UP. Now I live in Uttarakhand. I also lived in Karnataka.

Edited by rkt.india

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I am an irrespective of the state I live in. I was born in UP. Now I live in Uttarakhand. I also lived in Karnataka.

But States don't have equal say when it comes to national policies. That is what we are discussing here. Where is this Hindi imposition came from? It's because of the imbalance created in the centre. India will always be divided if there is no linguistic equality.