'India wasted Aaron in England'-Akram

rkt.india

http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/international-cricket/news/detail/item673916/%27India-wasted-Aaron-in-England%27/ I sometimes wonder why we name replacements! Is it just to fill the numbers or for a purpose? Naming replacements when a frontline player breaks down must be done with a reason. It is foolish to fly in a deserving youngster and then ask him to carry drinks to the field or bowl at the nets. India have done just that with Varun Aaron. The young bowler has been wasted in England. I had congratulated the Indian selectors when they picked Aaron as Ishant SharmaÃÔ replacement. The young boy was the right choice as he had done well on the Emerging Players tour in Australia and deserved to be part of the Indian dressing room on a difficult tour of England. But the Indian team management made a mess by not blooding Aaron in conditions that were tailor-made for the quickie. We often talk about giving cricketers opportunities to shine on a big stage. If he performs, then he is a star in the making. Otherwise, we tend to write him off. The people who make decisions must keep situations in mind. The best decision makers are those who have a sense of timing. There must be a long-term goal in mind. I would rather blood Aaron in England because the seaming conditions are ideal for him. It will be silly to give Aaron a start on Indian wickets. On placid tracks where he will get little support, two bad matches in the start of his career can destroy him. In my book, Aaron has a future and India can ill afford to ruin him because the current pace attack is not in good shape and the future doesnÃÕ look bright. I was expecting to see Aaron play the ODIs. This raises questions about the communication between the selectors and the team management. Having said this, Ajinkya Rahane and Parthiv Patel have done well for themselves. I would like to see them playing for India in home conditions. Having done quite well on difficult English wickets, both deserve an opportunity when England tour India after the Champions League T20. More runs in their kitty will only give them additional confidence. Rahane and Patel should not be used as ÅÑlug-in players. Sachin TendulkarÃÔ decision to cut down on ODIs should open the gates for Rahane and Patel. Ironical it may be, but the players who have done well for India in the England series are turning out to be the ÅÔubstitutes? Ravindra Jadeja is another case in point. He has really looked good and can become the elusive all-rounder that India badly need. A useful contributor with bat and ball, Jadeja is a sharp fielder and deserves to get a long stint with the national team. He must not be overshadowed by the ÃÃig guns when they chose to return. No one must take their places for granted. This has been the biggest lesson from the England series. AshwinÃÔ performance will surely keep Harbhajan on his toes. This is a good sign for Indian cricket. India have looked a better ODI team but I will still like to see Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli prove themselves in Test cricket, because thatÃÔ the ultimate.

i agree totally to Wasim...Varun shud have been played in probably all one days, even if he wud have got hit. i wish dhoni plays him in the final one day..how can we grow fastbowlers when the captain likes trundlers who bowl at 125K with control...i feel ashamed when a no 11 bowler hits MUnna for a 6 of the first bowl he faces thats what happened in world cup...shahjad hit him of the first bowl...it was a shocket to Munaf and even i felt the SHOCK. a simple bouncer at 138K was more than enuf to unsettle that tailender...and i am sure varun can bowl bouncers at 145K..? there lies the answer, dump all trundlers, build new fast bowlers ,,,put up a BAR , if the bowler cannot bowl at 140K ..3 balls out of his 6 balls , he wont be selected and the guys who are shortlisted should be trained.

a simple bouncer at 138K was more than enuf to unsettle that tailender...
When did an Indian bowler bowl a bouncer last time in ODIs? I don't recall any pacer using bouncer in this series. They don't bowl yorkers, that's understandable. But what's the reason for not using a bouncer. You can easily bowl upto 15-20 bouncers in a match (considering there are 3 pacers). :omg:
The same Akram wanted RP Singh instead of Sreesanth for the 4th test but watchign RPS bowlin thattest called RPS selection a joke! I am sure had we picked Varun and he got hit around, he would have said he isn't reay for int'l cricket and the team management shouldn't have played him!
Absolutely. Look how he changed his opinion about Praveen Kumar after this tour :giggle:

Dhoni has done this time and again, that is why he is not the right captain , especially when Indian team is in the rebuilding phase and he doesnt have the will and vision to identify and blood young players, specially bowlers.Unadkat was played ahead of Umesh , Vinay KUMAR , RP AHEAD OF vARUN. EVEN IF zAHEER HAD DEBUT UNDER HIM HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A DISCARD like sUDEEP tYAGI, VRV, he is not pro active and rather limited in intelligence compared to g8 thinkers like Border,Waugh, Ganguly, Nasser Hussain , he is lucky to have the team that he has. Often when the spinners are bowling you will hear him applaud them when they are bowling flat and saving runs rather then asking them to flight and look for turn. PK is reliant on conditions, him touring Bangladesh or Pakistan , he will be cannon fodder, Kevin Peiterson has hit the nail on the head when he advised PK to bowl at 135 k's and he can be a world beater,Akram is entirely right in his thoughts and criticism , at peak fitness I would have RP in my team first , Vinay kumar, PK would only be playing in my team if they could average 35 plus with their bat with their current bowling, PK looked good because the other bowlers were not even bowling like a international pace attack, if Zaheer was fit the difference in class would be glaring,if you noticed the last tour of England and the way he bowled in the first test before injury.

The same Akram wanted RP Singh instead of Sreesanth for the 4th test but watchign RPS bowlin thattest called RPS selection a joke!
Many fans here on this forum wanted to see RP Singh in the test side. However no one knew that he was so under-prepared. Varun Aaron has been in good form. He has been playing FC cricket for some time and his situation is not like RP. Unless you give him a chance how would you know whether he is prepared or not. If he is not prepared for international cricket, then why the hell he was sent there? I won't mind if selectors decide that a youngster should play more domestic cricket before going to international scene. But if a bowler is selected on the tour and other bowlers are facing trouble, then he certainly deserves chance. Either he should have played matches or he shouldn't have been sent there at all. If you select 5 bowlers for a series, then it means those are your 5 best bowlers who are ready to play the series. When some are not doing well, then 4th best and 5th best should replace non-performing players. If any of those 5 bowlers are not good enough for playing matches, then selectors should resign.
Many fans here on this forum wanted to see RP Singh in the test side. However no one knew that he was so under-prepared. Varun Aaron has been in good form. He has been playing FC cricket for some time and his situation is not like RP. Unless you give him a chance how would you know whether he is prepared or not. If he is not prepared for international cricket, then why the hell he was sent there? I won't mind if selectors decide that a youngster should play more domestic cricket before going to international scene. But if a bowler is selected on the tour and other bowlers are facing trouble, then he certainly deserves chance. Either he should have played matches or he shouldn't have been sent there at all. If you select 5 bowlers for a series, then it means those are your 5 best bowlers who are ready to play the series. When some are not doing well, then 4th best and 5th best should replace non-performing players. If any of those 5 bowlers are not good enough for playing matches, then selectors should resign.
And why is that so? A bowler could be sent to get a feel of international cricket and then a few months later be given his debut like what happened with Ishant on the last England tour. Was sent there, didn't play any international match and during Pakistan series, was handed his debut. Hopefully Aaron gets a game tomorrow.
And why is that so? A bowler could be sent to get a feel of international cricket and then a few months later be given his debut like what happened with Ishant on the last England tour. Was sent there, didn't play any international match and during Pakistan series, was handed his debut. Hopefully Aaron gets a game tomorrow.
Our bowling was not bad like this during that series, right? Yes, a bowler can be sent for just getting feel of international tour and practice matches. But if your bowlers are not doing well and captain complains about that then what's the use of replacements?
The same Akram wanted RP Singh instead of Sreesanth for the 4th test but watchign RPS bowlin thattest called RPS selection a joke! I am sure had we picked Varun and he got hit around, he would have said he isn't reay for int'l cricket and the team management shouldn't have played him!
Akram is shastri of Pakistan ' date=' never take these guys seriously .[/quote'] Are u guys for real:facepalm:

Aaron should have been played in atleast 2 ODI's already. Eng is ideal for getting a good debut & calming the nerves....rather then say in India. By sticking with continue disappointed bowler like RP & over playing PK who IMO should have been looked after specially after such a heavy bowling load he did for India in Tests. I guess RP is continued to give him a boost to get a good wicket haul in helpful condition so that he can get back in the team & be on the flight to Aus.

But he did not know RP Singh was not fit. He said that considering his past exploits in England. Similar case with Aaron as he has seen him in KKR camps and know his potential, so he is asking for his inclusion. Regarding PK, he praised him because PK did well in tests as he was not sure about PK doing well back then. There is no surprise, opinions can be changed, PK has changed it with good things, RPS has changed it with poor show, that is it.
People forget that Ishant debuted agaisnt Bangladesh. Dont know how many people remember this?