Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Australian commentators pointing out that Indian fast bowlers did not bowl a single bouncer to the top order Aussie batters while Starc has already bowled 5 in his first 5 overs. They are saying that it is very important to mix lengths no matter what the pitch type is.

I agree 100%.   Our fast bowlers, especially Umesh Yadav and Bhuvi,  do not want to bowl bouncers.  This allows the batsmen to camp on the front foot and negate the movement much better.  

Shami, on the other hand,  has been using surprise bouncers consistently after his return from injury in mid 2016 and he has been a much improved bowler from then on.  Ishant does well when he uses his bouncers, like the last innings against Bangladesh and  Lords 2014, and does not do that well when he does not.  

I would like our pacers to use bouncers consistently and bowl 1  to  2   bouncers almost every over.  The batsmen won't be able to camp on the front foot then and some wickets will come off bouncers too.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

Surprisingly the only bowler to use bouncer in the squad Is pandya who bowls it with good pace add to that he has got a very good height as well.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Shami uses bouncers a lot too..... and Ishant in some games.

Aaron used them sufficiently but is now out of favour.

One thing noticeable with Umesh's use of bouncers is that he often does it is spurts.... say 6 bouncers in 2 overs and then 10 overs without a single one.  Ishant sometimes displays this trait too ....but Shami  is much more intelligent in using the quick short balls and we see them more consistently whenever the batsmen are camping on the front foot.

Edited by express bowling
21 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

instead all they get to donis bowl in nets when could have played in india games 

no vison by india here 

Bowling at the nets is to allow the captain and coach to see the young prospects in action.

Kumble said that he does not get time to watch much domestic cricket ( same for Kohli )  and this is the way they can actually check bowlers out

I feel it is a very practical step and much better than looking at just FC stats to pick bowlers.

I agree though that a young quick should have played in place of Nehra in the T20Is and one new quick could have been tried against Bangladesh, with 3 fast bowlers playing.