Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I was in the process of tagging your name when you posted. 

Wanted your input on this   : )

Any other names I have missed out  ?

nope you got it all..Sreesant hit 149.x a few times...dont remember any 150 from him.. so Nehra trumps him.

So yes its Srinath,Aaron,Ishant,Yadav,Nehra,Sreesanth in terms of fastest, Nehra and Sreesanth hitting 149 but not crossing 150. may be RP swing and Munaf came close to 149 too need to check videos.

Vishal Vir singh did deliver a 150 in IPL > or is it some other bowler.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thanks for sharing the video.

Those are some of the bowlers who have been fastest for us over the years.

To add more, I would say Agarkar could be added to the list and Sreesanth, they weren't faster than all of them but could be faster than some of them mentioned.

Agarkar and Sreesanth both were pretty fast at a time. Also VRV Singh at his prime and also during South Africa tour of 2006 I think was very quick. 

Added Bumrah, Sreesanth, RP, Zaheer and Agarkar   : )

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

nope you got it all..Sreesant hit 149.x a few times...dont remember any 150 from him.. so Nehra trumps him.

So yes its Srinath,Aaron,Ishant,Yadav,Nehra,Sreesanth in terms of fastest, Nehra and Sreesanth hitting 149 but not crossing 150. may be RP swing and Munaf came close to 149 too need to check videos.

Don't remember VRV touching 150 k in the IPL.... may have missed it.

12 minutes ago, the don said:

Do you have videos for those srinath and shami spell or the deliveries .

How did Srinath lose so much pace within 5 months. ?? I remember seeing in a Tri series in Australia a couple of months later and he was bowling 130 - 134 kph .

I gave the espncricinfo link for the Shami delivery.

I don't have a video of that Srinath spell as now. Will post if I find it.

Srinath was bowling 135 k to 145 k in Australia most of the time.... after his rotator cuff surgery in 1997, he sometimes bowled a tad slower when he felt uneasy.

Amit Bhandari was also around 145k bowler at the end of his career or less and also he was perhaps clocked around 145 when he played in that tri series in 2004 against Australia and Zim when Rohan Gavaskar was also picked. 

I think Bhandari used to be quicker than 145 before in domestics when he was first picked but of course there is no proof. 

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Need for speed Sami!

Sami was an absolute waste but his fitness levels were commendable .

Sad that amir lost 5 years as a result his fitness levels have suffered . He is getting back to the pre ban levels of fitness as was visible in the ODI's in australia and the tests in the carribean .No competitive cricket for 5 years really took its toll its amazing that he still managed to outbowl starc in australia and anderson in england . I would be really dissapointed if Pakistan bowl him to the ground . He should be the worlds best by age 27 if the progress continues . The preban bowling zip was amazing .

A fully fit amir is crazy good . Compare that Sami bowl to these rockets from Amir.

https://youtu.be/lcqoc30XOb4

Edited by the don

From the current lot of players who haven't played for India, I think Sangwan and Thampi give me a lot of promise and certainty that they will clock 150 soon. They got the potential to do it. 

It would be nice to see Thampi and Sangwan rotated with current Indian bowlers like Bhuvi, Umesh, Shami, Bumrah once in a while and be tried for India in ODI'S or t20. 

26 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Sreesanth did hit 150 atleast once. I saw him bowl at 150. Zaheer Khan clocked 150 in 2002 n England in the famous test victory. Amit Bhandari did clock 145, but he lost his pace pretty soon.

Agarkar was very quick on a consistent basis. I have seen him bowl 142+ for 6 deliveries on a trot.

The Srinath match is available online where he clocked 157. I will have to search for it. Srinath hit 152 in NZ in 98. Srinath clocked 143.4 in 2003 WC, when he had lost his pace and when he was pretty old. Thats still close to 90mph.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

From the current lot of players who haven't played for India, I think Sangwan and Thampi give me a lot of promise and certainty that they will clock 150 soon. They got the potential to do it. 

It would be nice to see Thampi and Sangwan rotated with current Indian bowlers like Bhuvi, Umesh, Shami, Bumrah once in a while and be tried for India in ODI'S or t20. 

For some reason, I believe Khejroliya will clock 150 and will be a quick bowler.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Need for speed Sami!

I always liked Sami. Zaheer and Sami made their debut around the same time. Initially, both of them were of exact same pace. Bowling around 142-145 at their fastest. Zaheer bowled his fastest at around 148, closing on 149, whereas Sami gained pace and became a 150+ bowler. However, Sami never reached his full potentials whereas Zaheer became a lethal world class bowler and for 2-3 years, the worlds best pace bowler.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

For some reason, I believe Khejroliya will clock 150 and will be a quick bowler.

I always liked Sami. Zaheer and Sami made their debut around the same time. Initially, both of them were of exact same pace. Bowling around 142-145 at their fastest. Zaheer bowled his fastest at around 148, closing on 149, whereas Sami gained pace and became a 150+ bowler. However, Sami never reached his full potentials whereas Zaheer became a lethal world class bowler and for 2-3 years, the worlds best pace bowler.

Yes, Khejroliya is quick and he can too, he might already be in nets, but e don't know exactly. It was just sheer bad luck that he was noticed around IPL and wasn't played, though he did get to play in domestic 50 overs. I think him playing in Ranji and bowling longer spells can make him a better bowler too.