What is your Internet Service Provider

Cricketics

i know this ..even with your current settings you will be fine. also once you set router devices will automatically support it no ?
I don't think...Even if we have a router supporting ac and you configure it for ac, your network adapter in laptop needs to support it too ( mine does not ) ...same goes with phone ( s4 does not have ac for example AFAIK ). If you are talking about changing channel from say g to n and all devices supporting, then mobile will automatically adjust but for laptop, you need to configure ( or run wizard,etc - troubleshoot option might also help adjust )

I don't think...Even if we have a router supporting ac and you configure it for ac, your network adapter in laptop needs to support it too ( mine does not ) ...same goes with phone ( s4 does not have ac for example AFAIK ). If you are talking about changing channel from say g to n and all devices supporting, then mobile will automatically adjust but for laptop, you need to configure ( or run wizard,etc - troubleshoot option might also help adjust )
i see..my mac does it automatically i guess. also just stick with n and i am again 90 percent sure s4 supports ac it was one of the very first device which did ..:winky: n has like 300 mbps i believe which is 6 times more than what you need and even at lowest estimate its 3 times what you need .

^^^ Yes...this year is 'bachat' year for me...no upgrades of internet plans, no new devices,nothing...simple living :two_thumbs_up: :icflove: Any increase in speed,etc anyway is used by my son for watching his cartoon videos non-stop...need to make him get out of that habit..I was happy with 4 Mbps an year ago but now cant imagine below 16Mbps...

^^^ Yes...this year is 'bachat' year for me...no upgrades of internet plans, no new devices,nothing...simple living :two_thumbs_up: :icflove: Any increase in speed,etc anyway is used by my son for watching his cartoon videos non-stop...need to make him get out of that habit..I was happy with 4 Mbps an year ago but now cant imagine below 16Mbps...
with limits under 200 gb whats the point of 16 gb ? on 8 mbps you can pretty much watch anything in hd and if you download stuff you can download 4 gb in 1 hour ..i will even be happy with 4 mbps anything under it is bad :--D

with limits under 200 gb whats the point of 16 gb ? on 8 mbps you can pretty much watch anything in hd and if you download stuff you can download 4 gb in 1 hour ..i will even be happy with 4 mbps anything under it is bad :--D
Depends on usage sabby..The way I look at it :- Out of 50 GB, keep 10 GB for all non-video stuff ie mails, browsing, ICF, App updates, software updates, songs on mobiles and stuff...for me it wont be more than 10 GB. This leaves 40 GB for videos and sites like Youtube will show you the quality that your speed will support ( I am sure you are aware of it ). You can force it to HD,etc and take buffering but by default, it will select a resolution to avoid buffering ( unless you have too slow connection and even YT cant help ). Now let us do some back of envelope calculations... My HD videos that I downloaded of 150 minutes shows 3.1 GB in size. My non HD video ( movie of 160 minutes ) is 800 MB So - - If I use 40 GB to watch/download ONLY HD, then I will get 40/3.1 ~13 hrs of video. - If I use 40 GB to watch/download ONLY non-HD, then I will get 40/0.8 ~ 50 hrs of video. Assuming ratio of 1:3 between HD and non-HD, we are talking of about 42 odd hrs of video i.e 1.5 hr of video per day on average. I dont reach that now...In future - who knows

Depends on usage sabby..The way I look at it :- Out of 50 GB, keep 10 GB for all non-video stuff ie mails, browsing, ICF, App updates, software updates, songs on mobiles and stuff...for me it wont be more than 10 GB. This leaves 40 GB for videos and sites like Youtube will show you the quality that your speed will support ( I am sure you are aware of it ). You can force it to HD,etc and take buffering but by default, it will select a resolution to avoid buffering ( unless you have too slow connection and even YT cant help ). Now let us do some back of envelope calculations... My HD videos that I downloaded of 150 minutes shows 3.1 GB in size. My non HD video ( movie of 160 minutes ) is 800 MB So - - If I use 40 GB to watch/download ONLY HD, then I will get 40/3.1 ~13 hrs of video. - If I use 40 GB to watch/download ONLY non-HD, then I will get 40/0.8 ~ 50 hrs of video. Assuming ratio of 1:3 between HD and non-HD, we are talking of about 42 odd hrs of video i.e 1.5 hr of video per day on average. I dont reach that now...In future - who knows
you know for 720p 4 mbps is enough and 8 mbps can easily play 1080p if not 2k on youtube . netflix at its highest settings needs 8 mbps and star sports at its highest setting needs 4 mbps and that is true for most services and there will be no buffering .

you know for 720p 4 mbps is enough and 8 mbps can easily play 1080p if not 2k on youtube . netflix at its highest settings needs 8 mbps and star sports at its highest setting needs 4 mbps and that is true for most services and there will be no buffering .
Haan but what if better half wants to watch videos on facebook in her mobile at same time and a little kid wants to watch tom and jerry on tab? :dontknow:

Haan but what if better half wants to watch videos on facebook in her mobile at same time and a little kid wants to watch tom and jerry on tab? :dontknow:
still 8 mb is more than enough for your typical youtube video ,unless you are watching mkbhd in 4k. i use to play 720p video on 2mbps and most of time they did fine but action video needed bit more . i am saying this because both mobile and tab will rarely play 1080p anyway :--D i have 8 mbps 175gb which imo is much better plan .