With new ECB chairman, Kevin Pietersen may get a new life

What a troll he is, ECB management will be fuming now. :hysterical: But bad sign for us if he were to come back, he was the guy(even more than Cook) that turned the 2012 series around with that 187. I can't see us losing to England every time and if KP comes back things will be tough. :((

Don't want KP to get selected again for England.. This team will make him scapegoat again for the defeat against Aussies after few bad performances.. I can't see England beating Australia this time with their fragile batting line up..
But even Aussie batsmen are flat/bounce track bullies. Johnosn isn't the same force, Starc isn't a good test bowler, Harris+Hazlewood+Lyon=Anderson+Broad+Stokes+Moeen in English conditions. And somehow I feel that in home conditions England are a strong batting unit. Heart picks Australia, mind says England.
But even Aussie batsmen are flat/bounce track bullies. Johnosn isn't the same force' date=' Starc isn't a good test bowler, Harris+Hazlewood+Lyon=Anderson+Broad+Stokes+Moeen in English conditions. And somehow I feel that in home conditions England are a strong batting unit. Heart picks Australia, mind says England.[/quote'] Yeah agree on the part of Australian batting...It was nothing but ordinary without Clarke against India. But Australian bowling is pretty solid..English have only Anderson who can trouble Aussies.Hazelwood+Harris is deadly combo on swinging tracks.. And some of the Aussie batters are pretty experienced compared to poms...On the contrary Ballance their best batsman for last year is only piling runs against ordinary bowling attacks.Bell looks done.Root is solid.. England will have to settle their 11 first.. They cant take risk of taking moeen ali,Jordan,stokes in playing 11 who are neither solid in batting nor in bowling agaisnt Aussies.
What a troll he is, ECB management will be fuming now. :hysterical: But bad sign for us if he were to come back, he was the guy(even more than Cook) that turned the 2012 series around with that 187. I can't see us losing to England every time and if KP comes back things will be tough. :((
I wouldn't worry about that. I don't know when England next play India but even if Peterson returns I can't see him being the force he was at Test level, especially in a few years
I wouldn't worry about that. I don't know when England next play India but even if Peterson returns I can't see him being the force he was at Test level' date=' especially in a few years[/quote'] You tour India for 4/5 tests in October 2016. Why so apprehensive about KP dude? He is only 34, not 44 !!!! Sachin,Sanga,Kallis have topped the ICC test rankings at the age of 36-38. In case of all 3 especially Sachin and Kallis there was so much of workload in their careers before that, still the wear and tear didn't stop them from reaching the summit. KP in comparison has had it comparatively easy, only played for 10 years, few ODIs,few T20 gigs, not much of captaincy, no bowling etc. We all know what a special talent he is and over the past 2-3 years he has also shown how much passion he has for cricket. Any lesser man would have retired much earlier and made bucketloads of money in various T20 leagues across the globe !!! But KP in spite of all obstacles let go off an IPL contract, took a gamble by signing up for 4 day cricket in England and has done very well so far. He looks very determined to force his way back if you ask me. Also he is someone who has a siege mentality, he needs confrontational people against him to bring out his best and I think that after what ECB/fellow players have done to him since textgate 2012 he will be more motivated than ever to make his mark. I don't see why we can't see a resurgent KP coming back in the English jersey and bull dozing bowlers like he did in his prime. I think he has at least 3 years of high quality test cricket left in him and he will be a big threat if he tours here. He is an excellent player against spin bowling and loves the Indian attack. He has influenced 2 series results against us(2011 Eng and 2012 Ind) and has played a few outstanding knocks. I am sure our bowlers would rather bowl to Ballance/Root/Bell than KP the monster on Indian tracks. MBelJjs.jpgVacDysU.jpg I love KP the batsman, KP the entertainer :hatsoff: but I hate it when he does it time and again against us.

It's just a hunch I have. I just think it would be difficult coming back to Test cricket, which would be the difference between him and the players you mentioned who kept playing Test cricket without a break, enforced or otherwise, and then starting again immediately where he left off I certainly don't think he'd fail IF he came back (and that is still a long way away at present) and would still do better than the majority of the current England side. I just have reservations that he'd produce great innings as regularly as he used to. We may even see a more circumspect version, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing but still with the capacity to do what he always used to only not as often. I do hope he gets the opportunity though, and that he proves doubters like me wrong, coming back better than ever :--D

All irrelevant anyway. Mr Strauss says NO. Goes against my golden rule. Do what the opposition least want you to do. You can bet Mr Clarke and Mr Lehmann will be sitting back now with a cup of tea breathing a huge sigh of relief

The timing has gone all wrong Chances would have been better if Moores was sacked immediately after WC and if KP had got some big scores at the county level prior to the WI tour. If Trott could get a chance then possibly KP would have got too under a new coach. Or may be Strauss never wanted him. The only place he has some chance of making a comeback is in the T20 WC. Now that his international career for ODIs and tests is definitely over, I think he should focus entirely on the T20 format if he intends to play for England. Contrary to ODIs and tests, you don't need supreme fitness to contribute in the T20s. All you need as a batter is some good hitting ability while not being embarrassing in the field.

With all the atrocious things KP has done to his fellow team mates' date=' I don't think it's ideal for England cricket team to have him back in the squad. It's time they get past KP.[/quote'] If you dont select best player into the side, It is NOT Cricket. ECB is carrying baggage of Strauss. Instead they should have appointed someone not from recent past i.e Vaughman, Beefy, Someone whom even best players will respect.