Dhoni vs Yuvraj singh. Better ODI Player Acc to you?

If both of them peak at the right time in WT20, Ind could be unstoppable 

Assuming that Kohli will be consistent throughout:

Group games - Rohit, Yuvi and Raina

KOs - Dhawan, Raina and Dhoni 

yeah just imagine a team consisting of peak yuvi,dhoni along with nohit,Kohli and raina! Lol it'd be unstoppable!!

Yuvraj at its peak during 2007-08 was brilliant to watch...It was orgasmic to watch when he used to hit the bowl...

Dhoni on the other hand is altogether different cricketer...The way he changed his batting after becoming captain is admirable.

But overall Dhoni ahead of Yuvraj..Dhoni has set up high standard for Indian wicketkeepers to come in future.

I am new to this platform.This is my first comment.History will rate Dhoni higher though I love yuvi more.Yuvi will be forgotten after a decade. Everyone would say Dhoni won 2 wcs.I guess an analogy can be made between Pele-Garrincha in football and Dhoni-Yuvi in Cricket.Pele and Dhoni are more consistent,better athletes and more globally acclaimed.Yuvi and Garrincha are more naturally talented,more entertaining and more influential in their country's wc wins.But I love Yuvi and Garrincha.Both were artists.

I have dissed Dhoni so many times out of anger but I always consider him the 2nd best ODI player India ever had. Virat will topple him very soon I guess but till now Dhoni right after Sachin. We will only know Dhoni's true greatness after he retires. We are struggling to find his replacement in Tests till now. 

Yuvi and Dhoni both are great players. Love them both. Both have contributed for India tremendously. Watching both of them in full flow is a treat but Dhoni is ahead of Yuvi.

Dhoni and Yuvraj have been two of our best middle-order ODI batsmen of all time and I would include them both in all-time ODI World XI.

Very difficult to compare really. Both were super-impact players during their  best years over long careers.

Yuvraj's very unfortunate illness messed up the later part of his career .....and he was never the same player again after return.

This is the biggest reason why I would not like to compare.

Edited by express bowling

Fun facts :

Ave(SR)

ICF.thumb.PNG.a898ad5405b6c47aa287571b39

Forgive us if some of us rates Yuvraj over Dhoni.

Dhoni didn't win you ICC trophies, he was hiding behind some of these exceptional players. 

What champions trophy is this , coz the champions trophy we won 2013, Yuvraj wasnt even the part of the team.

That stat is even unrelevant.

N again Yuvraj alone didnt win u those Trophies, what abput zaheer khan, sachin, gambhir, rp singh, irfan  pathan

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Dhoni and Yuvraj have been two of our best middle-order ODI batsmen of all time and I would include them both in all-time ODI World XI.

Very difficult to compare really. Both were super-impact players during their  best years over long careers.

Yuvraj's very unfortunate illness messed up the later part of his career .....and he was never the same player again after return.

This is the biggest reason why I would not like to compare.

YEs that illness was unfortunate, n i did thought of that point before comparing

But yuvraj got ill in 2011, by then he already had played 11 yrs of Int cricket

Dhoni debut in 2005 so at present he is in his 11 yr of international cricket, So Basically we are comparing their 1st 11 yrs.

U never know, yuvi might make a come back n dhoni might see a low, but thats ifs n buts. But what we have is 11 yrs of comparison which i feel i fair.

N Ill add the captaincy pressure which dhoni had for 9 yrs, which doesnt allow to solely work on your game and u have so much else to worry about

Dhoni is more consistent and more successful.But these stats are selective which makes yuvi look way inferior.Yuvi has better record in icc wcs and icc cts.He has more motms and mots.Also Dhoni was never a stand out player like yuvi in any icc tournament.

These arent selective stats,  i have given u kind of over all stats which is Batting position diff countries 

There is cricket beyond Icc tournaments as well,

Again saying, im taking nothing away from yuvraj singh. HE was one of my fav players. 

But when we comparing both , i showed u overall stats. Ur free to add ur stats. 

N wen we are considering Icc tournaments, How wud u rate shikhar dhawan

The guy also has done well in 2013Ct n 2015WC

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Dhoni wins you one match, yuvraj wins you tournament. Dhoni is more consistent but yuvraj makes more impact overall. When Yuvraj gets going, he is next to none in terms of hitting prowess. No one can contain him. Dhoni has worked well around his limitations.

Sent from my MX5 using Tapatalk

Dhoni has 5 man of the series and yuvraj 6, and there is 27 match diff. 

One aspect i agree when both gets going, it wud be impossible to stop yuvraj singh among both. 

But where m trying to make a point is, how often has that happened . Where is feel Yuvraj cud have performed a lot more speciallly in overseas. 

M saying both are gr8 but that one point of overall consistency makes me feel dhoni is far ahead, where i feel yuvraj lacked.

Had yuvraj been more consistent He wud have easily taken this debate for me, that were i feel guys like kohli n dhoni raced ahead.

Taking Xample of kohli only, In terms of sheer hitting ability he might not also stand next to yuvraj but its his consistency that is actually making him a phenomenan

Some of Dhoni's exceptional Test batting skills :

image.thumb.jpg.0767b5aba1de60a7913411ff

:hysterical: legendary sweep

Not right to make fun of something, weird thigs do happen with most cricketers 

But since ur at it, Ill show u something more funny n stupid

dm_150420_COM_CRICK_HL_YUVRAJ_SINGH_WICK

Atleast dhoni had his feet planted in crease

http://www.iplt20.com/videos/media/id/4184358032001/m17-dd-vs-kkr-yuvraj-singh-wicket

YEs that illness was unfortunate, n i did thought of that point before comparing

But yuvraj got ill in 2011, by then he already had played 11 yrs of Int cricket

Dhoni debut in 2005 so at present he is in his 11 yr of international cricket, So Basically we are comparing their 1st 11 yrs.

U never know, yuvi might make a come back n dhoni might see a low, but thats ifs n buts. But what we have is 11 yrs of comparison which i feel i fair.

N Ill add the captaincy pressure which dhoni had for 9 yrs, which doesnt allow to solely work on your game and u have so much else to worry about

In many cases age 27  to age 33  are the golden years for an international batsman, when they are able to combine mental maturity and good physical ability.  Yuvi was 29 when he became ill.   That is why I raised this point.

As a complete package, Dhoni is obviously better because he is a very successful ODI captain and good wicket-keeper...along with being an ATG ODI batsman.....while Yuvi is just an ATG ODI batsman who can bowl a bit.

If we compare them as ODI batsmen....both their contributions towards the wins of team India are very significant  and I rate both of them very highly. They have their individual strengths and weaknesses obviously.

I also believe that consistency and longevity should be the factors to judge a player not flair and aesthetics so Dhoni would be rated higher but somehow Yuvi turned up more in ICC tournaments than Dhoni.Some of the innings he played in ICC tournaments.82 VS Australia in ct200.60 odd against south africa in 2001ct,2 fifties in wc 2003,12 balls fifty in 2007 t20wc,the whole 2011 wc.The biggest contribution of Yuvi was his bowling performance in 2011.The team though had superstars ,the team wasn't balanced at all with Bhajji and  Chawla  being off colour. His all round performance hid this deficiency.
Now Dhoni's best perfomance in icc tournaments are 40 odd against Pakistan and South africa and his best ever innings was that 91 against Srilanka. Dhoni never took any icc tournament by d scruff of the neck like Yuvi did.So there is no shame in accepting Yuvi is more influential in wc wins but Dhoni is more consistent and better athlete.