This chess stream video had everything... great entertainment

randomGuy

https://youtu.be/z0iJUaiIHy4

Vidit Gujrati - super GM (2700+), super talented, humble witty super likeable. Incredible skill, plays 3 simultaneous blindfold games with 2000 rated beautiful Alexandra botez...too many distractions vidit still wins...

Funny chess puns

Funny chats...Samay Raina asks meaning of 'simp' twice (between 1:53 and 1:59) after chat floods with 'simp op'...botez hides and smiles...

Super entertaining.

Nice. Check out Samay's videos with Adhiban Baskaran, he is the funniest among them all. 

Also Botez's channel on twitch is fun, she and her younger sister are bloody entertaining. There is a third member there, some Chinese girl, cute but not as fun as Andrea Botez. 

https://www.twitch.tv/botezlive

Edited by Gollum

On 5/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, randomGuy said:

https://youtu.be/z0iJUaiIHy4

Vidit Gujrati - super GM (2700+), super talented, humble witty super likeable. Incredible skill, plays 3 simultaneous blindfold games with 2000 rated beautiful Alexandra botez...too many distractions vidit still wins...

Funny chess puns

Funny chats...Samay Raina asks meaning of 'simp' twice (between 1:53 and 1:59) after chat floods with 'simp op'...botez hides and smiles...

Super entertaining.

I'd mentioned this in the chess thread nearly a month ago. :dontknow:  It was on my YT feed.

The chess player in the hat is hilarious. I've never heard of most of these chess players. But the comedians are surely making chess more popular. 

There is even some 4 player chess that these guys have started. I saw a few minutes of that. Recognised nobody apart from Biswa (formerly of Pretentious Movie Reviews) and closed the video.

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I'd mentioned this in the chess thread nearly a month ago. :dontknow:  It was on my YT feed.

The chess player in the hat is hilarious. I've never heard of most of these chess players. But the comedians are surely making chess more popular. 

There is even some 4 player chess that these guys have started. I saw a few minutes of that. Recognised nobody apart from Biswa (formerly of Pretentious Movie Reviews) and closed the video.

Mostly 4-5 Indian chess players are present online Vidit(super GM), Adhiban (hat guy, GM), sagar shah (IM), Tania Sachdev(WGM)..

I guess upcoming kids for the future are praggnananda and nihal sarin.

I watch off n on from a week or two ...I liked this particular video in the op.

^^ remember watching a vid. Of this guy Hambleton with another guy Omid beating a 1500 rated in some trap in Caro kann that he knew...with good music in the background...seemed a scene out of a comedy movie... good stuff... will post it if i find..but I somehow can't find time to watch  other streams than Anish samay sagar vidit adhiban... sometimes hikaru

Edited by randomGuy

Have come a long way after May 2020, in chess... yesterday was rated 2080 in lichess rapid. Confident of reaching 2200 soon as I am having good plus score against 2100's since past 1 week.

English opening has suited me I guess. Another win against a ~2150 with white -

a0FZSWJzIVRvdzVRZm9aUm1DNlpsdFdPaXEzTnB4

Edited by randomGuy

Crossed 2100 for the first time today after beating a 2215 player...2200 is also just a matter of time I believe

2101 rating is rank 16400 out of 4-4.5 lac weekly active players...2200 is rank 8000 , 2300 is rank 3000, 2400 is rank 1000, 2500 is rank 200 (gets you almost to the leadership board of lichess, how cool)

Screenshot-20210625-100157.png

Crossed 2100 for the first time today after beating a 2215 player...2200 is also just a matter of time I believe
2101 rating is rank 16400 out of 4-4.5 lac weekly active players...2200 is rank 8000 , 2300 is rank 3000, 2400 is rank 1000, 2500 is rank 200 (gets you almost to the leadership board of lichess, how cool)

spacer.png

Can you send me a link to your game?

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:
10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

spacer.png

Can't post here as the profile is by real name..

Edited by randomGuy

On 6/25/2021 at 7:07 PM, Yoda-esque said:
On 6/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, randomGuy said:

spacer.png

Today I created another account by the name randomguy1212 on lichess... (rating is same on both my accounts) I won a few games, got good provisional rating to play against a 2380 player...(on other account, I have beaten 2280 players a couple of times, got to play a CM - candidate master against whom I had winning chances +2, then lost due to pressure)....

Anyways, sharing the game against a 2380 which I lost despite being exchange up.... great lesson by my higher rated opponent on how

bishop pair works

Good game - 

https://lichess.org/iAtJ206E/black#0

Edit: I am black here btw.

@Mariyam @Yoda-esque @Gollum

Edited by randomGuy

Today I created another account by the name randomguy1212 on lichess... (rating is same on both my accounts) I won a few games, got good provisional rating to play against a 2380 player...(on other account, I have beaten 2280 players a couple of times, got to play a CM - candidate master against whom I had winning chances +2, then lost due to pressure)....

Anyways, sharing the game against a 2380 which I lost despite being exchange up.... great lesson by my higher rated opponent on how
 bishop pair works

Good game - 

https://lichess.org/iAtJ206E/black#0

Edit: I am black here btw.

[mention=11613]Mariyam[/mention] [mention=14415]Yoda-esque[/mention] [mention=17917]Gollum[/mention]

I love watching games where I can see or understand the thought process.Games by IMs are a little.more difficult to follow.

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

@randomGuy is there a cheatsheet or links to refer to learn some basic chess tactics like the Petroff defense or Russian opening and similar tactics? I play chess with basic moves and killing strategy, never had any formal training or any interest or time to learn, want to now!

Hello Sirji...nice to see your post.

1. There are tactics - very important, some say 90% of chess is tactics. Tactics can be I guess 2-5 moves deep. Involves calculations, pattern recognition, intuition etc. Unfortunately playing and losing a lot of games is the way you learn, makes us memorize those tactics/patterns...lichess puzzles are extremely useful

2. There is positional play, meaning understanding which piece belongs to which square in the longer run.

3. There are general chess principles...like king safety, Central control, moving each piece once in openings, piece coordination like joining rooks in the back rank. For this I found IM John Bartholomew on YouTube extremely good in my beginning phases... for ex 

4. For endgames, there are '100 endgames you must know' 'dvorestskys endgame Manual' etc

5.Bilibili.com (Chinese site) is a extremely good resource...

6. Openings are extremely crucial even for beginners no matter what anyone says....I was good in puzzles , decent in endgames etc but, yet struggling in games due to openings (until I finalized some openings)...

again bilibili is excellent..

7. Never play bullet Blitz, can be stressful, plus one doesn't learn and absorb as much as playing rapid...10+0 time control I found ideal ..because one doesn't have all-day also for a game of chess..but for beginners even 15+10 is better... I remember I started with 30+0 and played it for a few months before trying other time controls

Edited by randomGuy