Should Kohli have played this test even if not 100% fit?

26 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:
Some Indian fans are a disgrace

ganguky when skipper was accused by losers of faking to avoid match on green top ( like he never played on green tops before ) . This is problem with internet . Crazy conspiracist theories reapeated  enough that some see them as fact 

Ofcourse Ganguly did pull out of that test faking an injury .It wasn't something fans made up ,it was reported in the media after an Indian player said that off the record.

Heck the physio basically said to media he didn't find any injury or pain and only Ganguly suddenly developed it on the morning of the match.

Go check the reports during that test and afterwards .

Edited by BeautifulGame
4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Was skipper and manned up for team 

of course goes on field injured criticised . Does not play cos injured criticised . Can't bloody win lol

So he could man up two days after his injury, but not ten days later?

Look at Ashwin. Guy has been carrying a serious injury for a while. Looks ineffective. Why has he been forced to play?

Remember when graeme smith came out with a broken arm to bat out for a draw when facing the aussies a few yrs ago? He got a standing ovation from the aussie crowd. True Example of leadership. Clutch test match, kohli should have come out. Cant be worse than bloody k nair!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when graeme smith came out with a broken arm to bat out for a draw when facing the aussies a few yrs ago? He got a standing ovation from the aussie crowd. True Example of leadership. Clutch test match, kohli should have come out. Cant be worse than bloody k nair!!

Funnily he managed to be in this series:cantstop:

On 3/25/2017 at 2:15 AM, rkt.india said:

Isn't injury the good enough reason? Shoulder injury, not able to bat, not able to field.

Voice of reason, this.  It depends on the type of injury.  If he had a bruised arm or slight groin pain, it's one thing.  A bad shoulder?  Not good for this match, and definitely not good for the future.  

Grow a brain pls. Kohli doesn't need standing ovation. He's already a better batsman than Smith ever was. Let me assure u he gets plenty of standing ovation when he smashes opponent bowlers all over the park. He doesn't need to play with a sore/broken arm to get standing ovation. 

In case u didn't know, champions trophy is almost knocking at the door and in odi India heavily depends on kohli. 

Indian odi side has been kohli or nothing off late. No wonder, kohli is taking all the precautionary measures. 

My point was referencing the sportsmanship and leadership of a captain of another country.

I am sure an extra 5 days of test cricket playing for his country in a crucial test series for such a fit and athletic man wont hurt his chances of performing in champions trophy.

As you say if he's that brilliant, (haven't seen it in this home series - oh btw you know who has been? Smith, away from home.) even an average knock by your standards (which he hasn't had in this series) should provide India with some crucial runs and on field leadership.

If India is so dependent on one individual, I suggest they are not deserving of winning the "champions trophy".

How about focusing on this current series where he's done lots of talking, which India could actually win?

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Some Indian fans are a disgrace

You guys as pathetic as paks who say we scared of playing them 

really guys get grip . This is problem with internet . Crazy conspiracist theories reapeated  enough that some see them as fact 

Irony died a slow painful death. The champion of player slandering now whining about a valid question and losing his marbles :giggle: 

I guess the period from 2011 - 15 was invisible. :giggle: 

And its not even 10% of what happened earlier and such reactions . Cant even imagine what would happen if something increases. 

Edited by sscomp32

My point was referencing the sportsmanship and leadership of a captain of another country.

I am sure an extra 5 days of test cricket playing for his country in a crucial test series for such a fit and athletic man wont hurt his chances of performing in champions trophy.

As you say if he's that brilliant, (haven't seen it in this home series - oh btw you know who has been? Smith, away from home.) even an average knock by your standards (which he hasn't had in this series) should provide India with some crucial runs and on field leadership.

If India is so dependent on one individual, I suggest they are not deserving of winning the "champions trophy".

How about focusing on this current series where he's done lots of talking, which India could actually win?

One series doesn't change the fact, Kohli has been phenomenal this home season and in all formats, 16test plus a lot of odi's take toll on ur body, so he is allowed to have a bad series, more than Kohli, it's the form of ashwin that has hurt India, that sports hernia has really hurt us, a fitter ashwin is more dangerous than a fitter Kohli.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

One series doesn't change the fact, Kohli has been phenomenal this home season and in all formats, 16test plus a lot of odi's take toll on ur body, so he is allowed to have a bad series, more than Kohli, it's the form of ashwin that has hurt India, that sports hernia has really hurt us, a fitter ashwin is more dangerous than a fitter Kohli.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Point taken. I just feel one last push from a leader that clearly the team takes confidence from may be the deciding factor in a possible india win.

Agree about ashwin- hopefully kuldeep will continue to do well.

15 minutes ago, mspoon9 said:

Point taken. I just feel one last push from a leader that clearly the team takes confidence from may be the deciding factor in a possible india win.

Agree about ashwin- hopefully kuldeep will continue to do well.

This is not about fitness.  It's about an injury to his shoulder.  Do you know what the injury is?  Did he tear a muscle, tendon or ligament?  If so, he would be foolish to play.  Now, if it was an ankle sprain, or a finger injury, we could all agree. 

Imbecilic thread. The vidhwa vilaap can only be explained if:

a) You have an axe to grind against Kohli, or

b) You are utterly clueless about what it takes to perform at elite level sport.

Can you please explain what does it take- atleast in regards to Indian cricket performing at test level?

Not talking about Kohli here but why do some poorly performing players keep getting second chances? What is it that they have done to merit such leniency?

This is not about fitness.  It's about an injury to his shoulder.  Do you know what the injury is?  Did he tear a muscle, tendon or ligament?  If so, he would be foolish to play.  Now, if it was an ankle sprain, or a finger injury, we could all agree. 

Does anyone know specifically what the injury is? Has it been mentioned at all?

11 minutes ago, mspoon9 said:

Does anyone know specifically what the injury is? Has it been mentioned at all?

It is a shoulder strain.  Not sprain, but strain.  Which is defined as hyperextension and possible tearing of muscle or tendon.  Short of getting a hold of his MRI image, there's no way to tell how serious it is.  If he cannot lift his shoulder while batting, he is walking duck and a huge liability to the team.  It's time to stop speculating. 

This thread is about Kohli skipping the game, and my post was about the same. So whyTF are you quoting and asking me about "poorly performing players getting second chances"? Don't conflate unrelated topics.

Settle down sarchasm. You emphatically declared that the thread is imbecilic and categorised the poster/agreeing participants as b) having no clue about elite sporting demands. I was just wanting a brief explanation of your apparent knowledge.

Please create another thread and move the post if you would like to shed some light? Or I can make a new thread for you to respond?

It is a shoulder strain.  Not sprain, but strain.  Which is defined as hyperextension and possible tearing of muscle or tendon.  Short of getting a hold of his MRI image, there's no way to tell how serious it is.  If he cannot lift his shoulder while batting, he is walking duck and a huge liability to the team.  It's time to stop speculating. 

Thank you Brainfade for your reply. Yes if that is the case then I take back my call. Admittedly one of my posts was done in the heat of the moment watching another indian collapse after doing so well yesterday.

You wanted my explanation on what it takes to play sports at elite level by asking why poorly performing players keep getting second chances? I think it is *you* who needs to settle down, probably even try some sleep before forumming. You see, selection of poorly performing players is a selectorial call, and has nought to do with my post.

Spare yourself the effort to create a new thread. I made my limited point and you can continue to drone on here in this imbecilic thread. Thanks.

The second part of my question was intended to highlight that elite level cricket in india enjoys some level of sanctioned underperformance by some players.

If i didnt include that, perhaps you may yet have shed some light on it all. Or perhaps not.

Just because its bedtime for you doesn't mean it is for me. Ask nicely and I can explain time zones.

This thread and forum exists to entertain views and discussion from Indian cricket fans from all over the world and is anything but imbecilic.