The Great Pune bandwagon

Magneto

Looks like dhoni chamchas have to start picking up dog crap now:p:

Bandwagoners... all of them. When RPS was struggling they were (including Super Bhabi) :hehe: @ Smith & Goenka...

The moment Smith turned the team around they started claiming it for the backstabbers..

Bloody bandwagoners... if RPS fails they'll again :hehe: at Goenka & Smith... :agree:

6 out of 10 then. Still to play KKR, SRH, DD and Kings XI. All away except the last one. Has a fair chance of qualifying but it won’t be easy. The team is settled though:

a) Rahane - Needs to fire now. Enough of insipid knocks. Hope he comes good against the big teams.

b) Tripathi - Shining addition. High on confidence.

c) Smith - Captain Marvellous

d) Stokes - Zillion-dollar man :woot:

e) Tiwary - Great form currently

f) Dhoni - Keeping is still sharp. Can still hit a few. Will manage.

g) Dan Christian - Economical bowling plus decent six-hitting. Has done well this time.

h) Washington Sundar - Hope he can bat a bit as well. Bowling has been decent.

i) Imran Tahir - Great form. Purple cap contender. :woot:

j) Shardul Thakur - Can get clobbered.

k) Jaydev Unadkat - Can get clobbered too. :hmmm:

Overall, has turned out much better than expected. Bowling is still weak, but hope the batsmen make up for it. 

1 hour ago, Magneto said:

6 out of 10 then. Still to play KKR, SRH, DD and Kings XI. All away except the last one. Has a fair chance of qualifying but it won’t be easy. The team is settled though:

a) Rahane - Needs to fire now. Enough of insipid knocks. Hope he comes good against the big teams.

g) Dan Christian - Economical bowling plus decent six-hitting. Has done well this time.

Overall, has turned out much better than expected. Bowling is still weak, but hope the batsmen make up for it. 

As of now,The Pune team output is greater than the sum of its individuals.Lets see how long the dream lasts.

-Rahane needs to hit form.He is trying to hit his way out of trouble but that is not his forte.

-Tripathi has been consistent but the law of averages will catch up with him.

- Dhoni will adjust according to the situation.If Pune is cruising, Dan needs to come up the order.

- Tiwari plays well when hes down the order and theres no pressure.When hes pushed up , he changes his approach.

The two people that worry me are The Unad and Thakur.Unad will go missing when push comes to shove, me thinks.

9 hours ago, Magneto said:

Imran Tahir and Stokes will be unavailable in the later part I think,so at best Pune can reach the top 4.RPS vs KXIP would be a good match if Punjab also somehow stay in the reckoning for playoffs.

15 hours ago, BCCI said:

Imran Tahir and Stokes will be unavailable in the later part I think,so at best Pune can reach the top 4.RPS vs KXIP would be a good match if Punjab also somehow stay in the reckoning for playoffs.

That would mean Dinda would be back..I guess I won't be following the rest of RPS matches now

5 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

That would mean Dinda would be back..I guess I won't be following the rest of RPS matches now

How would Dinda be back if two foreigner non-pacers are out? Neither is he a spinner nor an allrounder.

Zampa will replace Tahir and one of Khwaja/Lockie will replace Stokes depending on the combination. 

Just now, Magneto said:

How would Dinda be back if two foreigner non-pacers are out? Neither is he a spinner nor an allrounder.

Zampa will replace Tahir and one of Khwaja/Lockie will replace Stokes depending on the combination. 

Neither are good enough

Just now, Yoda-esque said:

Neither are good enough

Zampa was the stand-out performer last year for RPS. Lockie can surely replace Stokes in the bowling department. Yeah, we will miss Stokes’ batting, but he has anyway batted well in only a couple of knocks.