Kohli vs Sachin . Can we stop this embarrassing comparison (POLL)

Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

If you are being serious then yes...Sure Rohit has played  some clutch knocks and is underrated by 90% of this forum...He is the only guy along with  Kohli and  Dhoni (till 2015) who have a fixed slot in the LOI line up....You cannot say indispensable about any one else i nthe LOI setup and that is a fact.

Rohit is good for ODI's and like you said has a reserved slot for ODI's with Dhoni and Kohli, that can't be aid about anyone else. 

3 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Doesn't rahane have a better record in sa and west indies compared to virat?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

In West Indies and Bangladesh, Rahane has a better record. I didn't count those two.

In South Africa, Kohli has done better. He scored 119 and 96 on a tough pitch which later eased out. Rahane has a couple of fifties there (IIRC 51 and 90 odd).

Just now, G_B_ said:

Gavaskar-----Sachin-------Rahane

Kohli is like cersei lannister. Only regent for a time

Shastri-Manjrekar as well.....some great commies and also proud owners of 2 of the most boring double centuries in cricket :giggle:

Even though those 2 200's are compensated by another Mumbai player which are the most exciting in history

Why Virat Kohli better than Sachin Tendulkar in Australia: Ganguly

Virat Kohli's upward journey, ever since taking over the mantle of Indian cricket team, came to an abrupt and unexpected halt against Steven Smith-led Australian cricket team in the first match of a four-Test series in Pune.

Sourav Ganguly, former India captain, believes Kohli’s record in Australia against Australia should suffice the 28-year-old captain enough to be confident to return to winning ways. To back his point, Ganguly went a step further and said even Sachin Tendulkar doesn’t match Kohli’s records in Australia.

“Virat Kohli will come back. His record against Australia is unreal. To watch those four Test match hundreds against Australia, I have not seen even the great Sachin Tendulkar do that,” Ganguly told India Today TV channel.

“Yes he (Tendulkar) has done very well against Australia but getting four Test match hundreds in only your second trip to Australia is a special, special effort.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/virat-kohli-did-to-australia-that-sachin-tendulkar-couldn-t-sourav-ganguly-tell/story-8mzfqMpKwTU548hBwBT0eN.html

In West Indies and Bangladesh, Rahane has a better record. I didn't count those two.

In South Africa, Kohli has done better. He scored 119 and 96 on a tough pitch which later eased out. Rahane has a couple of fifties there (IIRC 51 and 90 odd).

So u pick and choose where who had done well?

Who averages more in South Africa. Rahane or kohli.

Based on your logic rahane century at lords tops everything kohli has done away from home

Ok Kohli has nothing on Sachin in any format till now.

To those who are saying he is already ahead in ODIs, Sachin is all time highest scorer in WCs while Kohli hasn't done anything significant in the 2 he has played.

In 2011 he was quite young and wasn't expected to lit the stage on fire anyway but apart from a decent underrated 35 in the final he didn't do much.

In 2015 he was supposed to be our best batsman and to be in the leading run scorers but obviously failed at that. Massive failures in knockouts as well.

In terms of sheer numbers he must be ahead though, and will get close to Sachin's tally. 

Also I do not think at any point of Sachin's peak he was so much behind any of his contemporaries as Kohli is behind Smith.

Just BTW, MVP is Dhoni.

Ricky Ponting: Virat Kohli not better than Sachin Tendulkar

“Is he the best batsman in the world? Yeah, he probably is,” Ponting told Gulf News in an exclusive interview in Abu Dhabi on Monday.

“I thought he was six or seven months ago and he’s probably taken it to another level since then.”

Ponting added that there “was always a question mark over his Test batting” but that Kohli’s “pretty special” form in India’s recent 4-0 evisceration of England, when he scored two tons and 655 runs in eight innings at an average of 109.16, had helped quash this theory.

“He’ll continue to improve, especially now that he’s the captain as well and his team’s winning,” the 42-year-old added at a press conference at the Park Hyatt hotel on Saadiyat Island ahead of the Gary Player Invitational golf event at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club.

“Is it too premature to call him the best ever? You can probably say that right now as far as his One-day cricket is concerned. His One-day record is outstanding and probably better than anybody that’s ever played the game given how many hundreds (27) he’s made, but let’s give him a few years yet in the Test series side of things.

“It’s too early yet to be taking about him being one of the greats. I think the great players we always talk about, the Tendulkars, the Laras, the Kallises, those guys played 120, 130-200 Test matches.

“Virat’s not even halfway along that path.”

http://gulfnews.com/sport/cricket/india/ricky-ponting-virat-kohli-not-better-than-sachin-tendulkar-1.1974294

1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

So u pick and choose where who had done well?

Who averages more in South Africa. Rahane or kohli.

Based on your logic rahane century at lords tops everything kohli has done away from home

Why would I count Bangladesh and West Indies? Bangladesh used to produce flat pitches to get draws. As for West Indies, we saw what Voges did there. Kohli has a double century there too.

Rahane has a better average than Kohli by 1 because of not outs. Rahane scored around 70 runs less than Kohli in the same number of innings. If you had seen the series, you would know how well Kohli performed compared to Rahane. I wasn't talking about averages when I made my initial statement.