SPEED & PERFORMANCE OF FAST BOWLERS N TRUNDLERS IN 2017 IPL

vishalvirsingh

Aaron showed today why pace isn't everything. If you look at the speedometer alone he was the fastest but anyone who watched the game saw he was the worst of the 3 pacers from Punjab. Even Mohit Sharma outbowled him. Aaron was short and down the leg most of the times and the Nair's wkt he got was a gift. He should be thankful it was Karun "walking wkt" Nair who gloved him down the leg. Any other batsman it would've been another boundary. Not ready for intls at the moment is all I can say.

Aaron showed today why pace isn't everything. If you look at the speedometer alone he was the fastest but anyone who watched the game saw he was the worst of the 3 pacers from Punjab. Even Mohit Sharma outbowled him. Aaron was short and down the leg most of the times and the Nair's wkt he got was a gift. He should be thankful it was Karun "walking wkt" Nair who gloved him down the leg. Any other batsman it would've been another boundary. Not ready for intls at the moment is all I can say.

Still aeron is way batter then sandeep and mohit in the death overs, aeron bowled short and legg side because their is a little flaw in his action which simon doul was talking about and not because he was trying to bowl fast, aeron got In form pant with almost unplayable short ball which mohit and sandeep could only dream of, both these trundlers should be thankful to him bcoz otherwise pant would have smacked the hell out of them. Pace with variations is key in t20s, variations to keep batters guessing and pace to denied them time to hit big and having said that all the eight of the ipl team has realised it and all eight of them has at least two 140+ kph pacers in their armory now!(except for Punjab may be)

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Still aeron is way batter then sandeep and mohit in the death overs, aeron bowled short and legg side because their is a little flaw in his action which simon doul was talking about and not because he was trying to bowl fast, aeron got In form pant with almost unplayable short ball which mohit and sandeep could only dream of, both these trundlers should be thankful to him bcoz otherwise pant would have smacked the hell out of them. Pace with variations is key in t20s, variations to keep batters guessing and pace to denied them time to hit big and having said that all the eight of the ipl team has realised it and all eight of them has at least two 140+ kph pacers in their armory now!(accept for Punjab may be)

Disagree. I would take Sandeep ahead of him. With Sandeep I know what I'm getting with him and plan accordingly. In shorter formats I would bowl most of Sandeep's overs first up in PP (in T20s, all his overs at the start) and let Bhuvi and Bumrah to bowl at the death. With Aaron you have no idea what to do coz the guy's all over the shop. he will get hit and go for runs in every situation as he lacks control which is a must.

Aaron needs a stint working with the current Team India management and he will improve.

We have seen distinct and quick improvements with Umesh, Hardik and Bhuvi. Those who lacked control gained it and those who lacked pace improved it.  Even Shami is looking a better bowler in the last 10 months.

Disagree. I would take Sandeep ahead of him. With Sandeep I know what I'm getting with him and plan accordingly. In shorter formats I would bowl most of Sandeep's overs first up in PP (in T20s, all his overs at the start) and let Bhuvi and Bumrah to bowl at the death. With Aaron you have no idea what to do coz the guy's all over the shop. he will get hit and go for runs in every situation as he lacks control which is a must.

But when the wicket is flat and had baz in front of you then what will you do? will you bowl all his 4 in pp against rampaging baz??? The problem with sandeep type bowlers is that they will need things like clouds ,green pitch wind etc behind them to have any success, bowlers like sandeep are highly unreliable in death overs just see what happened to him in todays match, Anderson just smacked him like nothing.

With aeron if he gets his line can create havoc because pace will always be there its just that he have to fix his line .

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

But when the wicket is flat and had baz in front of you then what will you do? will you bowl all his 4 in pp against rampaging baz??? The problem with sandeep type bowlers is that they will need things like clouds ,green pitch wind etc behind them to have any success, bowlers like sandeep are highly unreliable in death overs just see what happened to him in todays match, Anderson just smacked him like nothing.

With aeron if he gets his line can create havoc because pace will always be there its just that he have to fix his line .

Over the last 3-4 years Sandeep has one of the best records in PP overs. Surely he didn't get too many green cloudy conditions, did he? PP overs are as important as death overs and you need someone who can control these overs. Sandeep has shown he can. Aaron hasn't shown us anything. As for someone like Baz going after bowlers, I don't see him shaking in his boots at misdirected deliveries all over the place.

Over the last 3-4 years Sandeep has one of the best records in PP overs. Surely he didn't get too many green cloudy conditions, did he? PP overs are as important as death overs and you need someone who can control these overs. Sandeep has shown he can. Aaron hasn't shown us anything. As for someone like Baz going after bowlers, I don't see him shaking in his boots at misdirected deliveries all over the place.

Poor aeron was barred by injures, same was said about umesh too but now look at him what has he become, please watch his spell in his first game for Punjab if you think he haven't shown anything, sandeep is good no doubt but he has to improve his pace other wise at 125k he will be a cannon fodder for quality international batters like Abd.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Poor aeron was barred by injures, same was said about umesh too but now look at him what has he become, please watch his spell in his first game for Punjab if you think he haven't shown anything, sandeep is good no doubt but he has to improve his pace other wise at 125k he will be a cannon fodder for quality international batters like Abd.

Aaron has been around for years and has played quite a few games. the only thing I've seen is him getting hammered. I would prefer guys who actually have performed at every level - u-19, FC and IPL - be given their chance. It's only fair to those players that they get their shot too.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Aaron needs a stint working with the current Team India management and he will improve.

We have seen distinct and quick improvements with Umesh, Hardik and Bhuvi. Those who lacked control gained it and those who lacked pace improved it.  Even Shami is looking a better bowler in the last 10 months.

The biggest problem i think with Aaron is his injuries, due which he is unable to build any rhythm and have control

Umesh when started with Nz test series wasnt bowling that well but as the season progressed and he kept bowling regularly he kept getting better. His rhythm was better and which improved his control. Umesh now looks a confident bowler whereas Aaron by looks cluttered when it comes to mindset 

Also its high time he chooses a format and concentrate on it. He ll be gud for test cricket so better avoid t20 and join county cricket. Now i knw that wnt happen but i guess that the only way we can use him as weapon. A bowler who can touch 150k can come n win a game in a session but he is nowere at present. Playing to many formats at times affects bowlers lengths and game plan like White ball cricket somewhat impacted bhajji. 

There shud be a special plan for some cricketers and they shud be told to stick a particular format. Bcci shud take care of their money. Aaron isnt young anymore who is going format to format changing his game despite having control over non. 

Every players effectiveness would increase if they are asked to concentrate on particular formats. 

Slowly there are some good changes that happening with current setup i hope this happens to.  There are enough good youngsters who can get the platform of IPL if players like Ishant n Aaron stick longer formats n instead go to county . 

In t20's even good balls go for runs and it doesnt take time for ppl to declare someone a run machine or brainless which some were m sure wud affect a player mentally .

Dnt see what aaron wud gain bowling 4-4 overs in IPL as cricketer apart from money. Soon might come a season where he might not even be picked. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Aaron has been around for years and has played quite a few games. the only thing I've seen is him getting hammered. I would prefer guys who actually have performed at every level - u-19, FC and IPL - be given their chance. It's only fair to those players that they get their shot too.

Injuries can limit you sometimes and that's aerons biggest problem if u have seen him getting hammered then surely you have seen sharma getting hammers too, if you talk about being fair then there is a deserving long queue of genuine pacers ahead of sharma waiting, you may prefer him over aeron but I will always go with someone who bowls fast and gets you wickets and so as kohli and kumble.

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

Injuries can limit you sometimes and that's aerons biggest problem if u have seen him getting hammered then surely you have seen sharma getting hammers too, if you talk about being fair then there is a deserving long queue of genuine pacers ahead of sharma waiting, you may prefer him over aeron but I will always go with someone who bowls fast and gets you wickets and so as kohli and kumble.

Sandeep has consistently performed at all levels - u 19, FC and at IP - and has done so consistently. He deserves to get his shot as well before we go to Aaron again who has clearly shown he still has no control. He can recover from injuries at domestic level and after Sandeep has been given a chance. If you give Aaron a chance ahead of other deserving players, you are essentially saying that we will select players on our own arbitrary criteria irrespective of performances, i.e. the same way they selected Rayudu over Jadhav.

Sandeep has consistently performed at all levels - u 19, FC and at IP - and has done so consistently. He deserves to get his shot as well before we go to Aaron again who has clearly shown he still has no control. He can recover from injuries at domestic level and after Sandeep has been given a chance. If you give Aaron a chance ahead of other deserving players, you are essentially saying that we will select players on our own arbitrary criteria irrespective of performances, i.e. the same way they selected Rayudu over Jadhav.

Yes sandeep is consistent and he deserves an Indian Jersey but only in t20s, BIG NO in odi and tests because I am quite sure he will turnout to be Vinay koomaaar volume 2.0 with that trundling pace , most satisfying thing for me is that k and k are selecting the pacers based on merits like pace and bounce etc without blindly following the domestic stats so aeron Is actually isn't far away and FYI aeron has vastly improved his control from what he started, had good VH trophy where he picked 14 wickets in 7 matches.

Didn't watch much yesterday, but whatever little I saw of Aaron in the previous games, he too me has been disappointing. Lacking any kind of rhythm and consistency. Havent seen any yorkers which he used to bowl so well when he first came. There seems to be some grip issue with him.

Edited by rkt.india

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Didn't watch much yesterday, but whatever little I saw of Aaron in the previous games, he too me has been disappointing. Lacking any kind of rhythm and consistency. Havent seen any yorkers which he used to bowl so well when he first came. There seems to be some grip issue with him.

That is the reason he is not on selectors radar. I never rated him. He neither has fitness like Umesh nor has much control.

18 minutes ago, Pollack said:

That is the reason he is not on selectors radar. I never rated him. He neither has fitness like Umesh nor has much control.

He is as fit as anybody else right now but his problem is something else, not fitness. Hasn't had any serious injury in last 4 years. His problem is his bowling action.

31 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He is as fit as anybody else right now but his problem is something else, not fitness. Hasn't had any serious injury in last 4 years. His problem is his bowling action.

Doull was talking about his bowling action and how he has some problem with his left shoulder and wrist position and that's why the ball is drifting to the leg side. These guys have trained in MRF academy, how come the coaches there don't correct these mistakes?

Edited by Mosher