Sandeep Sharma!!!

Ultimate_Game

Did you watch the match or even looked at bowling scorecards? The teams scored 230 and 223 respectively on that pitch and here are the bowling figures for the pacers...

Bowling    O    M    R    W

HH Pandya    2    0    29

MJ McClenaghan    4    0    54

JJ Bumrah    4    0    24

SL Malinga    4    0    45

Bowling    O    M    R    W

Sandeep Sharma    4    0    42

MJ Henry    2    0    40

I Sharma    3    0    29

MM Sharma    4    0    57

They were defending 230.It was poor bowling by kings 11 to allow them Mumbai to take it to 20 over.Scoreboard pressure should have been enough .As I said Diff in class between Bumrah and others was huge.

Just now, express bowling said:

His team went at 11 runs per over where most other bowlers of his team are not that good.

He went at 10.5 runs per over.

His 4th over was good but the  other 3 were below average.

No his PP overs were pretty good where the batsmen were going for it while chasing 230. His worst over was the 15th one where also he managed to pick up Pandya. Overall he was the 2nd best pacer today after Bumrah. Bowled a wonderful 19th over despite a very harsh wide call.

2 minutes ago, CG said:

They were defending 230.It was poor bowling by kings 11 to allow them Mumbai to take it to 20 over.Scoreboard pressure should have been enough .As I said Diff in class between Bumrah and others was huge.

It was Bumrah > Sandeep >> other pacers.

You are forgetting that the game was played in Mumbai where scoring 200 and chasing a big total happens quite often, and batting is an advantage in 2nd innings.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

His team went at 11 runs per over where most other bowlers of his team are not that good.

His 4th over was good but the  other 3 were below average.

Mohit and Axar have been good in recent matches.Both were far worse today

if you saw the match,he missed some yorkers that got hit.That happens

Most importantly he is able to keep calm under pressure

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

His 4th over was very good but the  other 3 were below average.

His first two overs were good. Third and fourth were mixed.Just my two cents.

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

His first two overs were good. Third and fourth were mixed.Just my two cents.

4th was the best actually. Third one was the worst but he still managed to pick up Pandya. Overall a pretty good performance on  Mumbai patta where any total is chaseable. In WT20 as well England chased 200+ IIRC and WI chased India's 192 with comfort.

Just now, Lord said:

yesterday Thampi went for 43 runs in a much lower scoring match but everyone was celebrating on yorker

today Sandeep went for 42 in a higher scoring match vs table toppers but aparently was poor

okay

As I said you can't argue or debate with one eyed haters. On a pitch where teams piled on scores of 230 and 223, 42 off 4 overs despite bowling in PP and at the death is bad bowling :laugh: 

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

yesterday Thampi went for 43 runs in a much lower scoring match but everyone was celebrating on yorker

today Sandeep went for 42 in a higher scoring match vs table toppers but aparently was poor

okay

And Thampi lost the match at the hands of Mishra. Sandeep actually took out Pandya and neutralised Pollard by keeping everything outside off consistently. Got a harsh call for wide too.

1 minute ago, Magneto said:

And Thampi lost the match at the hands of Mishra. Sandeep actually took out Pandya and neutralised Pollard by keeping everything outside off consistently. Got a harsh call for wide too.

And in the last match he went against the likes of Lynn in full flow, Woakes and Pathan and came out on top. These are seriously good intl quality hitters and Sandeep did quite well.

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

Thampi's match performance was not being celebrated.

Whenever a new bowler is seen who can bowl accurate, quick, late dipping yorkers with a certain regularity. .... lots of people get excited at the potential of that bowler.

The reason why all the commentators keep praising Thampi even when he is not playing.

P.S - I think a certain misunderstanding arises between 2 sections of fans during the IPL. There are many of us who are not really interesting in this hit and giggle cricket and just use this opportunity to observe new talent who have the potential to be ODI and test cricketers.

Now, since T20  performances do not give much indication as to how a player may perform in these other formats which is our actual interest....IPL performances are often ignored.

This is obviously  a personal preference of some fans and those fans who want to celebrate IPL performances are most welcome.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thampi's match performance was not being celebrated.

Whenever a new bowler is seen who can bowl accurate, quick, late dipping yorkers with a certain regularity. .... lots of people get excited at the potential of that bowler.

The reason why all the commentators keep praising Thampi even when he is not playing.

P.S - I think a certain misunderstanding arises between 2 sections of fans during the IPL. There are many of us who are not really interesting in this hit and giggle cricket and just use this opportunity to observe new talent who have the potential to be ODI and test cricketers.

Now, since T20  performances do not give much indication as to how a player may perform in these other formats which is our actual interest....IPL performances are often ignored.

This is obviously  a personal preference of some fans and those fans who want to celebrate IPL performances are most welcome.

I like Thampi too as a prospect.Certainly has the base to build on from

IPL performances only tell about who can succeed at the higher,not only the talent is tested but the mental strength too.Do you also look for technique filled defensive players in batting or someone like Pant who shined on the big stage

Also wasnt Bumrah picked based on IPL

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

IPL performances only tell about who can succeed at the higher,not only the talent is tested but the mental strength too.Do you also look for technique filled defensive players in batting or someone like Pant who shined on the big stage

IMO IPL's biggest strength is that you can see who's mentally resilient and can handle pressure. Loved the way Pant batted and was abolutely thrilled to see Sandeep nail those yorkers last game and tonight. It's what you do under pressure which counts and shows whether you are ready for intl. You can see Pant and Sandeep are whereas likes of Thampi are still too raw.

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

I look forward to a sneak peak of young classical batsmen against quality pacers too. What is their trigger movement, whether they are hurried by pace or not, how is their technique against bouncers etc.

As far as I remember, Bumrah did superbly in a SMA Trophy and followed it with a good IPL season for a rookie.

I look forward to a sneak peak of young classical batsmen against quality pacers too. What is their trigger movement, whether they are hurried by pace or not, how is their technique against bouncers etc.

As far as I remember, Bumrah did superbly in a SMA Trophy and followed it with a good IPL season for a rookie.

Bumrah was picked after a great A tour to Australia.

Bumrah used to be very expensive and get hit around easily. MI is the place where developed his 'death overs'  skills. Yes he had some other decent performance but he had no death bowling skills and was overall pretty ordinary. He learned being in company of Malinga how to bowl those Yorkers consistently.Slowly he mastered it.After WC I thought OK this bowler only knows to bowl yorker and bowling upfront he only creates angle. But since then I have noticed he has variety of slower balls,uses change of pace to perfection and most important thing does not overdo it. He also bowls much better even at the beginning.Bumrah is a quick learner. He also looked to be 'thinking bowler' right from the start. That is not the case with thampi. One shouldnt be over excited of Thampi unless he has mastery over one of his USP. Bowling one or two Yorkers right on money is no big deal. 

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

Bumrah used to be very expensive and get hit around easily. MI is the place where developed his 'death overs'  skills. Yes he had some other decent performance but he had no death bowling skills and was overall pretty ordinary. He learned being in company of Malinga how to bowl those Yorkers consistently.Slowly he mastered it.After WC I thought OK this bowler only knows to bowl yorker and bowling upfront he only creates angle. But since then I have noticed he has variety of slower balls,uses change of pace to perfection and most important thing does not overdo it. He also bowls much better even at the beginning.Bumrah is a quick learner. He also looked to be 'thinking bowler' right from the start. That is not the case with thampi. One shouldnt be over excited of Thampi unless he has mastery over one of his USP. Bowling one or two Yorkers right on money is no big deal. 

You have no idea. He was basically picked because for his death bowling skills. He won Gujarat SMA trophy when John Wright, MI scout, saw  him bowling those brilliant yorkers in death overs at the age of 19.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You have no idea. He was basically picked because for his death bowling skills. He won Gujarat SMA trophy when John Wright, MI scout, saw  him bowling those brilliant yorkers in death overs at the age of 19.

I know he did bowl Yorkers but he wasn't consistent. Hence my next line: "He learned being in company of Malinga how to bowl those Yorkers consistently."

14 hours ago, Lord said:

No. Bumrah won Gujarat SMA trophy even before he played IPL and 19. He was always good at yorkers and the year he was picked for India, he had a very poor IPL, was not played most games because he was poor and was coming back from a knee injury.