Has Unadkat forced his way into the Indian side?

G_B_

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes coz we have gotten a chance to see what they can do na.......unfortunately t20 is a ruthless format the likes of steyn have been smashed like anything 

We discuss coz we get to see their pace, bounce, control, variation , seam movement, swing , length they bowl.

BCCI doesnt telecast domestic games with proper speed guns for us to have discussion 

Discuss and hype also but do it after seeing them play for sometime.

No problem with people saying that guy is good and tghat guy is superfast.

Problem is with seeing a guy bowl 4 overs and again go off the field and declaring him test anf odi fit based on that.

The guys who have not been bowled enough or not bowled at all  are being declared ready for Indian team .

6 hours ago, MCcricket said:

It's based on potential, you have to understand or played the game or have common sense , bowlers like Unadkat r found in every local side in Australia, no pace, stamina, fitness, agression, will Bhuvi, Sandeep, Unadkunt be able to bowl a single ball like Avesh did on a flat deck?

He bowled 4 over in the only match ...the last match .His one opportunity to showcase himself.

You think he can bowl bowl like that in 10 overs in international matches.

More over ....

Everyones skill set are different. He can't do what bhuvi can do .

The problem with you guys is  that you guys are so biased that you will not acknowledge anyone other than the guys marked by the gang.

Unadkat has been the most successful bowler this ipl.He has shown a lot of improvement not just in bowling but as fielding .He is not my favorite either.Infact this is the first time  I have shown any interest to   see him bowl.

I don't want him to take the purple cap.:p:

But like most other posters on the forum...I am ready to acknowledge that he has worked hard to become a better player.

Maybe most people do not think he is international quality but at least acknowledge the performance in the tournament .

Most of the gang won't even accept that.

What kind of cricket fans do that?

Edited by beetle

Bhuvi's career is in danger @beetle. :p:There are better talents threatening to get into the team in near future. You should be totally scared. I can understand. :p: 

Bhuvi has the best chance now because if he performs he can keep his position for a while. Unfortunately if he loses form he wouldn't be provided a long rope like Umesh because there are better bowlers available who can be tried. The equation is simple for him: Keep performing have your seat.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No.... Avesh Khan bowled 2 deliveries at 142 k and atleast 5 deliveries at 141 k.... 3 or 4 more at 140 k too.

Watch the first ball he bowled to Samson. It was the quickest of all visually.

Speed guns used in IPL are total BS. They inflate all bowlers' numbers to create interest. That's all they are. Even Harshal Patel, who is not known for his pace was easily cranking up 140s.

19 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Bhuvi's career is in danger @beetle. :p:There are better talents threatening to get into the team in near future. You should be totally scared. I can understand. :p: 

Bhuvi has the best chance now because if he performs he can keep his position for a while. Unfortunately if he loses form he wouldn't be provided a long rope like Umesh because there are better bowlers available who can be tried. The equation is simple for him: Keep performing have your seat.

Don't worry about bhuvi. He is not the type to sit around and just be satisfied.

He is going to continue to work hard and improve. That is the best part about this guy.

48 minutes ago, Texan said:

Speed guns used in IPL are total BS. They inflate all bowlers' numbers to create interest. That's all they are. Even Harshal Patel, who is not known for his pace was easily cranking up 140s.

But   Cummins, Umesh Yadav, Shami, Rabada.... pacers whose speeds are known to us from international matches .... are bowling at their normal speeds.

Sometimes some medium-fast bowlers tend to bowl quicker when they know that they have to bowl just 4 overs. Those bowlers are medium due to lack of stamina and not lack of ability.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Watch the first ball he bowled to Samson. It was the quickest of all visually.

Visually quick balls, especially those which bounce sharply..... look quick because they lose less pace after pitching and also hurry batsmen by bounce.

Speed guns readings shown on TV show release speeds of balls ..... which have limited relevance to the speed that the batsmen feel.

Edited by express bowling

15 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

yup it was the bounce ,he is a lot taller than the likes of harshal,also he bowled with an upright seam and a brand new ball harshal was cross seam and the ball wasnt that new either

Bounce and, as you said, the ball landed on the seam and zipped on to the batsman really quickly.

Frankly speaking, this ability can come in very handy for a pacer who is a hit-the-deck bowler.... often more than high release speeds.

We need a variety of bowlers a part of attack. Not everyone needs to be super quick. He can compete with Bhuvi, Sandeep, etc. for spot of accurate bowler who can take advantage of slow conditions or movement with new ball. There are clearly better options than him but to be fair he deserves a lookin maybe in A team

2 hours ago, beetle said:

He bowled 4 over in the only match ...the last match .His one opportunity to showcase himself.

You think he can bowl bowl like that in 10 overs in international matches.

More over ....

Everyones skill set are different. He can't do what bhuvi can do .

The problem with you guys is  that you guys are so biased that you will not acknowledge anyone other than the guys marked by the gang.

Unadkat has been the most successful bowler this ipl.He has shown a lot of improvement not just in bowling but as fielding .He is not my favorite either.Infact this is the first time  I have shown any interest to   see him bowl.

I don't want him to take the purple cap.:p:

But like most other posters on the forum...I am ready to acknowledge that he has worked hard to become a better player.

Maybe most people do not think he is international quality but at least acknowledge the performance in the tournament .

Most of the gang won't even accept that.

What kind of cricket fans do that?

I appreciate your honest post , a part of it was tongue n cheek from me, see first of all Unadkunt got pushed alot undeserving of by Niranjan Shah n he simply doesn't have the temperament, talent, skill, strength, it's like selecting a squad of probables for 100 m dash n he is so far back as timing is concerned he would not even be in the C squad.

Sports is about your natural gift, talent, then if you have those n work hard you might make it,that's why they choose n breed Arabian horses n not mules for derby.

Bhuvi I am impressed with how if he can maintain his speeds in longer formats n use the old ball he can be good for ODI n some case test.

IPL n international cricket comparisons can be odious, Unadkat was given quite a few chances n bowled emabressingly poor n at 125 k I hope we never ever see him again or DHAWAL.

A TEAM IS CHOSEN ON ABILITY NOT WORK ETHIC, YOU NEED TO HAVE THE TALENT TO BEGIN WITH .A SMART INVESTOR WILL NOT INVEST IN LOOSERS SO A SELECTION SHOULD BE BASED ON POTENTIAL .

WHAT DOES AVESH HAVE? HE IS VERY TALL, YOUNG, BOWLS IN 140S, GETS GREAT BOUNCE N HURRIES THE BATTER, HAS U19 PEDIGREE, MAIN THING IS HE HAS THE ABILITY TO MAKE IMPACT, BOWL A MATCH WINNING SPELL AGAINST ODDS, make the batter commit unforced errors, keep the pressure n be able to regardless of ball condition or game stage

4 hours ago, beetle said:

Discuss and hype also but do it after seeing them play for sometime.

No problem with people saying that guy is good and tghat guy is superfast.

Problem is with seeing a guy bowl 4 overs and again go off the field and declaring him test anf odi fit based on that.

The guys who have not been bowled enough or not bowled at all  are being declared ready for Indian team .

Wasim akram was picked straight for a A-game even before he made his Fc debut . Do u think he didnt had stamina issue....he did and he mentioned it also last yr when sran had same issue

Stamina is an issue that can be soughted soon.....

Its all about identifying the quality......u dnt need many balls to identify for that in a batsman or even a bowler

Even the players here we are saying who are ready to go on next level are Aniket, nathu n Rajpoot and these guys have played enough domestic . Injury can happen to anyone anytime

About Thampi, siraj, avesh n other we are just saying them to take them to A-tours 

Arent guys like Unadkat giving wrong signs in 4 overs where they look quick and soon as they bowl in International cricket they loose their speeds.

LAst yr it was dhawal, they all come n take wkts in ipl due to their slower varition which doesnt have same effectiveness when they play international cricket. 

I think this is the 1st time we have a pool of so many bowlers who can bowl above 140k not only that many are tall and mostly hit the deck hard to.....

No point going back to times were we kept playing trundlers and declaring fast bowling is not our strength. These trundlers never worked and now its impossible only

Now fats bowling wud be pur strength 

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

But   Cummins, Umesh Yadav, Shami, Rabada.... pacers whose speeds are known to us from international matches .... are bowling at their normal speeds.

Sometimes some medium-fast bowlers tend to bowl quicker when they know that they have to bowl just 4 overs. Those bowlers are medium due to lack of stamina and not lack of ability.

Even if it is 4 overs, I highly doubt Kaul, Harshal and similar others started bowling super fast all of a sudden. There appears to be a definite inflation of these numbers in the IPL. Besides, when a bowler's fastest ball visually appears to be one clocked at 134, and not 140+, relevance of speed gun readings should be taken with a pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Even if it is 4 overs, I highly doubt Kaul, Harshal and similar others started bowling super fast all of a sudden. There appears to be a definite inflation of these numbers in the IPL. Besides, when a bowler's fastest ball visually appears to be one clocked at 134, and not 140+, relevance of speed gun readings should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Avesh gets a lot of nip. Hence it appears to be faster.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wasim akram was picked straight for a A-game even before he made his Fc debut . Do u think he didnt had stamina issue....he did and he mentioned it also last yr when sran had same issue

Stamina is an issue that can be soughted soon.....

Its all about identifying the quality......u dnt need many balls to identify for that in a batsman or even a bowler

Even the players here we are saying who are ready to go on next level are Aniket, nathu n Rajpoot and these guys have played enough domestic . Injury can happen to anyone anytime

About Thampi, siraj, avesh n other we are just saying them to take them to A-tours 

Arent guys like Unadkat giving wrong signs in 4 overs where they look quick and soon as they bowl in International cricket they loose their speeds.

LAst yr it was dhawal, they all come n take wkts in ipl due to their slower varition which doesnt have same effectiveness when they play international cricket. 

I think this is the 1st time we have a pool of so many bowlers who can bowl above 140k not only that many are tall and mostly hit the deck hard to.....

No point going back to times were we kept playing trundlers and declaring fast bowling is not our strength. These trundlers never worked and now its impossible only

Now fats bowling wud be pur strength 

Akram comparison doesn't work anymore for two reasons...

1. At the time cricket wasn't as professional of a sport which is now. Sport has moved along a lot since 80s. You can see it how most of the Pak players look like fish out of water compared to how they looked fine in 80s at intl level.

2. Wasim Akram was a freak and one of the most talented bowlers ever, probably the best left arm pacer to have played the game. If your selection strategy is based on Akram example you will fail at a drastic rate. It's akin to pushing for a 16 year old batsman at intl level just coz Tendulkar did so. I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. You can't push someone without any experience or domestic performances to speak of when there are other options available.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Even if it is 4 overs, I highly doubt Kaul, Harshal and similar others started bowling super fast all of a sudden. There appears to be a definite inflation of these numbers in the IPL. 

So, why are Umesh, Cummins, Boult, Rabada, Shami, Ishant, Southee etc. not bowling quicker than usual  ?