Ponting ≥ Smith

Hussey = Dhoni

Botham >>> Flintoff

Symonds >> Raina

Lee >>> Johnson

Morkel > Zaheer

Saqlain = Narine

Ambrose ≥ McGrath

Couldn't find counterparts of Afridi and Root to compare. However, Root is way better cricketer.

Overall, 5-3 win for Lord/Slickr392

How is Saqlain equal to Narine. Saqlain is an ATG odi spinner whereas Narine is massively inconsistent.

12 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

How is Saqlain equal to Narine. Saqlain is an ATG odi spinner whereas Narine is massively inconsistent.

Narine has to bowl in much tougher conditions for bowling while during Saqlain days, conditions were a bit less batsman friendly, though not taking anything away from Saqlain.

Edited by DDfan2017
3 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

QDK=Jaisurya

Amla>>>Dilshan

Ponting ≥ Smith

Hussey = Dhoni

Botham >>> Flintoff

Symonds >> Raina

Lee >>> Johnson

Morkel > Zaheer

Saqlain = Narine

Ambrose ≥ McGrath

Couldn't find counterparts of Afridi and Root to compare. However, Root is way better cricketer.

Jayasuriya >> QDK.

Jayasuriya at the moment is way ahead of QDK and probably one of the best odi openers who changed the way the game's played similar to what Sehwag did for opening in Tests.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Jayasuriya >> QDK.

Jayasuriya at the moment is way ahead of QDK and probably one of the best odi openers who changed the way the game's played similar to what Sehwag did for opening in Tests.

I wish I could say the same. But then preferred being diplomatic fearing opposition from ICFers.

12 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

QDK=Jaisurya

Amla>>>Dilshan

Ponting ≥ Smith

Hussey = Dhoni

Botham >>> Flintoff

Symonds >> Raina

Lee >>> Johnson

Morkel > Zaheer

Saqlain = Narine

Ambrose ≥ McGrath

Saqlain greater than Narine. How? No way.

McGrath is the best bowler in the history of cricket. McGrath > Ambrose. :bandit:

12 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

QDK=Jaisurya

Amla>>>Dilshan

Ponting ≥ Smith

Hussey = Dhoni

Botham >>> Flintoff

Symonds >> Raina

Lee >>> Johnson

Morkel > Zaheer

Saqlain = Narine

Ambrose ≥ McGrath

Saqlain equal to Narine. How? No way.

McGrath is the best bowler in the history of cricket. McGrath > Ambrose. :bandit:

Ambrose is a better bowler than McGrath.

Ambrose had all the strengths of McGrath and combined with great pace.

The only difference was that McGrath always had a Warne to fall back on wickets that doesn't suit him unlike Ambrose.

But I doubt any modern bowler let alone McGrath could replicate that Perth spell.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

I didn't say Saqlain greater than Narine. I rated them equally.

In regarding Ambrose and McGrath comparison, it's my personal choice that I found Ambrose best of all. Unfortunately, he didn't play enough matches, or else he would have been the best fast bowler by a distance.

I have still seen McGrath getting hit at times, but hardly ever saw Ambrose being hit by the batsmen. Has been the most difficult bowler to play against till date since I have started watching cricket. 

Edited by DDfan2017
1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Saqlain equal to Narine. How? No way.

Coz Narine bowls in an era most unfriendly to bowlers. When Saqlain bowled, conditions were a bit less batsmen friendly.

Regarding Ambrose, already said, he is the best pace bowler since 90s till date. Most difficult to hit. Would have left any bowler behind by miles if he had played as many games as others. 

Edited by DDfan2017