Any canadian ICFers from the toronto area?

sandeep

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Typical frogumen.  Thinks he knows what he's talking about.  Parsippany is not in central jersey.  And there's no way I'm letting you know where I live.  :laugh:

Lol Edison it is then... even if I ever had  0.0001% curiosity to know where you lived  that died the moment you said central jersey :giggle:

Edited by maniac

18 minutes ago, PBN said:

If you're on a mango hunt, might as try the various imports of alphonso mango if you can find them.

1. Longo's is the high end grocery store for fruits and veges. try calling their brampton locations if they carry them

http://www.longos.com

2.  Freshco has alphonso mangoes in their flyer.  Use flipp.com to get their flyer

site: http://freshco.com

flyer link: https://flipp.com/flyer/1153312-freshco-flyer?item_id=196485902

NVFlXIo.jpg

For desi stores, prolly best to ask them beforehand.. here's a few...or just google indian grocery strore brampton /mississauga/malton

http://www.subzimandi.ca/

https://www.asianfoodcentre.com

btw, that's a lot of traveling just for a mango :hysterical:

Thanks.  Looks like Longos and Freshco have locations in the Hamilton area - that will be a shorter drive for me, I guess I will try there first.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Yeah I know.   That's why I asked about desi stores in Hamilton - seems to be closer and a big enough town to have decent desi stores.   I'm willing to drive an hour each way if I can find good alphonso mangoes.  Yeah, its a bit crazy.  I'm picky when it comes to mangoes.  

just head to dundas fruits and vegitables its hurontario and dundas, they got a very fine mango load last week, i got some, its right at the entrance. But its mississauga so probably 1 hr 25 - 2 hrs mts from Niagara depending on traffic.

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

just head to dundas fruits and vegitables its hurontario and dundas, they got a very fine mango load last week, i got some, its right at the entrance. But its mississauga so probably 1 hr 25 - 2 hrs mts from Niagara depending on traffic.

Thanks for the info.  I guess I will decide based on traffic and how much time  I have and where I end up being once I cross the Canadian border.  

20 hours ago, zen said:

Brampton = mini desi area so you will find what you want! Take the 407 (toll road) and your journey will be quicker 

It will certainly be quicker but is definitely costlier than what you would most likely want to pay. I felt it is a bit expensive to take it unless you are in some good reason to take it, it is probably not worth it. They charge some camera fees etc. too (I mean for using their cameras to photograph your nameplate) making the bill look weird:angel:.

16 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

It will certainly be quicker but is definitely costlier than what you would most likely want to pay. I felt it is a bit expensive to take it unless you are in some good reason to take it, it is probably not worth it. They charge some camera fees etc. too (I mean for using their cameras to photograph your nameplate) making the bill look weird:angel:.

Agree. One should take it when time > money 

12 hours ago, Texan said:

Alphonso.....:eating:

That brings back memories.

Kings of Mangoes. No mango beats them!

Correction: No other fruit beats them

Yeah.  Apparently there's a guy selling a box at $35 for a dozen, straight from his family's orchard sweetmangoes.com   

I'm taking a risk buying any mangoes and smuggling them back into the US - there's a $300 fine for not declaring agricultural products.   I would normally never do such a thing, but for hafoos... :)

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

wow. how much is this toll?  more than 10 bucks or so?

Expect above $ 20 or so if you take it nearly at Burlington and go up to Brampton. As Zen says, it depends upon many factors but easily goes up the more you travel on that road. 

Edited by sarcastic

Depending up on when you are traveling -> Burlington to Oakville could be the high traffic region. You could look at the google maps to see if the traffic is high and pick the 407 route accordingly. I.e. travel high traffic routes on 407 and low traffic routes on the regular highway 

On 5/24/2017 at 8:21 AM, sarcastic said:

lol its 4$ change meaning 3 in USD. The toll charge is based on distance. You can purchase a transponder and the camera charge is removed.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:11 PM, Vilander said:

panchavati at dundas ( pretty good store regular) and there is dundas fruits and vegitables at hurontario and dundas ( they have the most amazing mangoes last week).

are these alphonso?  if so, then this is the best option

3 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Will be in Kashi erm I mean Niagara on Sunday.It will be easy to spot me..will be wearing a MSD tee

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hmmm interesting ....hey if you see a red dot  light pointed on your MSD shirt  from far away that's not me :p: