BCCI invites fresh application of Indian cricket team coach

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Whom do u wanna sit in coach selection meeting????

They made a really good choice with kumble last yr

My problem is that they will have to select Kumble. There is too much conflict of interest here.

As to the other part of your question I dont have a good answer. I just want the best candidate.

As someone mentioned above there should be transparency in the process.

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

My problem is that they will have to select Kumble. There is too much conflict of interest here.

As to the other part of your question I dont have a good answer. I just want the best candidate.

As someone mentioned above there should be transparency in the process.

Kumble has done phenomenal work....what else does he need to prove about his work 

I dnt knw which other coach took so active interest in making all system work toghter from day-1

IF kumble is the best candidate why try finding some other angle in it. 

If they hire Moody- PPl will say SRH laxman connection

IF sehwag- all has connection

If Zaheer as bowling coach- again u can find connection

Everything can be looked with two perspectives 

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kumble has done phenomenal work....what else does he need to prove about his work 

I dnt knw which other coach took so active interest in making all system work toghter from day-1

IF kumble is the best candidate why try finding some other angle in it. 

If they hire Moody- PPl will say SRH laxman connection

IF sehwag- all has connection

If Zaheer as bowling coach- again u can find connection

Everything can be looked with two perspectives 

Kumble is a good person. I really dont know how good a coach he is.

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

Kumble is a good person. I really dont know how good a coach he is.

U have to follow his work throughout the year, dnt make statement on perceptions

We have made thread since the time he became coach and we did cover a lot of his work from day -1 

His result speaks for himself

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

U have to follow his work throughout the year, dnt make statement on perceptions

We have made thread since the time he became coach and we did cover a lot of his work from day -1 

His result speaks for himself

I really dont know. He had a very talented team handed to him.

22 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

That article is the definition of a hit job. On one hand we have media gushing over Kohli's supposed work ethic and on the other he's uncomfortable with Kumble being a 'hard task master'. Doesn't fly.

Faceless, Nameless, Vindictive , Power Hungry sources

"In the last Test in Dharamshala, which India won, Kumble had strongly backed the inclusion of chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav in place of the injured Kohli. Sources say Kohli was unaware it and was caught by surprise."

"Sources say Kohli and Kumble had a difference of opinion over several issues related to the playing XI during the India-Australia series."

This is turning into ugly. :nervous:

That article is the definition of a hit job. On one hand we have media gushing over Kohli's supposed work ethic and on the other he's uncomfortable with Kumble being a 'hard task master'. Doesn't fly.

Well if it's a hit job all it will take is a tweet from Kohli or Ashwin rubbish the story .

Will see how Kohli responds in his press conference later today anyway .

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Well if it's a hit job all it will take is a tweet from Kohli or Ashwin rubbish the story .

Will see how Kohli responds in his press conference later today anyway .

They may avoid so till the end of CT

Whatever may be the issue...kohli and kumble should deal with it maturely atleast during the CT.

Just come out and say there are no problems and let us concentrate on the cricket.

How reliable is Boria Majumdar when it comes to such news. He seemed pretty sure about the players having complained to higher ups.

More worrying is the mention of senior and junior players....so it may be bigger than just a few egoes....it could be his personality or his way of functioning or communicating .

It could be something as simple as generation gap and kumble not understanding the youngsters or stepping into their personal space .

Hope they keep it together for some time.