Hang your heads in shame

LOL u guys are funny.

Look, Yuvi is finally getting his groove back, sure he has been a great performance in the big stage for a long time, but that doesn't mean that fans wont rip him when he comes in overweight and unhealthy or just looks terrible with the bat. NOW he is hitting his groove and he is back on the side.

People should be judged by performances, thats how you win games. He is performing now, so he should continue to fail. If he fails for 3-4 games than you can again change him up with a youngster.

Frankly, I would love to see Pant get more opportunities in LOI, maybe not in this CT but in the near future tours/matches.

Pakistanis were mediocre on Sunday but pulled their A game on Wednesday while Africans too batted poorly. So instead of relying on others performance "Good or poor" What still matters is his performance in last 2 matches or 3 (if we reach finals of CT) matches. Even if he fails today against Lankans, I wont care.

Unlike few MSD bashers or Sachin bashers, No one is bashing Yuvi. Still they are asking genuine questions on Yuvis performance.

Edited by mishra

Yuvi needs to do it consistently to really be back in the groove. I remember starting a thread saying Yuvi is back after he played a wonderful innings in his comeback from Cancer. Then he was dropped due to inconsistency. Again picked just before World T20 and did well till the final where he screwed it up big time and was dropped after. Again he has started well in another comeback bid but if he is to remain in team till 2019 WC he needs to do this consistently.

On 6/4/2017 at 7:44 PM, goose said:

All those, each and every one of you, practically the entire membership on this forum that wanted this great man's career over.  You disgust me to my core.

All this over one innings. :phehe:

Calm your tits. While we would all love an in-form Yuvi, he has been far too inconsistent in the past 5 years to be taken seriously again in international cricket.

12 minutes ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

All this over one innings. :phehe:

Calm your tits. While we would all love an in-form Yuvi, he has been far too inconsistent in the past 5 years to be taken seriously again in international cricket.

It's not over one innings, i've been a staunch advocate for some time. When do you finally draw a line under the faltering career of a legend with more talent in his little finger than most that have gone before and will come after him? How do you make that judgement. It's not easy if all you do is look at the numbers and many on this forum got it spectacularly wrong. They don't see what others see They are are entirely different breed of cricket follower. So yes i am disgusted.

2 hours ago, goose said:

It's not over one innings, i've been a staunch advocate for some time.

I'm not arguing against the fact that you've been supporting him for a long time. I'm saying it's going to take a good run of form over a decent period of time for him to prove himself. A string of failures and neither will we see you around here nor will we see him again in the national team if someone else takes his place and makes a case for themselves.

3 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Yuvi needs to do it consistently to really be back in the groove. I remember starting a thread saying Yuvi is back after he played a wonderful innings in his comeback from Cancer. Then he was dropped due to inconsistency. Again picked just before World T20 and did well till the final where he screwed it up big time and was dropped after. Again he has started well in another comeback bid but if he is to remain in team till 2019 WC he needs to do this consistently.

As I have posted before, Yuvi needs to do this consistently. He should not waste balls and then get out. Him and Dhoni both are culprits of that.

34 minutes ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

I'm not arguing against the fact that you've been supporting him for a long time. I'm saying it's going to take a good run of form over a decent period of time for him to prove himself. A string of failures and neither will we see you around here nor will we see him again in the national team if someone else takes his place and makes a case for themselves.

How do you define form and consistency? You practically need to win 5 games on the bounce to win the CT. With 5 middle order bats he's arguably done his bit already but let's see.

45 minutes ago, goose said:

How do you define form and consistency? You practically need to win 5 games on the bounce to win the CT. With 5 middle order bats he's arguably done his bit already but let's see.

Problem is that every decent knock Yuvi has played in recent times - IPL and the Pak one - came at the back of a drop. Won't happen against SA, Eng, Aus or NZ who are likely to be our opponents in the future. Yuvi is no longer the player who can play a knock on his own and needs the support of poor fielding from opponents to get it done and that's a huge worry.

Teams if they start bowling good bouncers and combination with good spin bowling they can choke him easily. Problem was so many dot balls. It's like 3 bats in our lineup puts too many dots. Rohit, dhoni and yuvraj. I can understand rohit as he is opener not acceptable from dhoni and yuvraj.

Edited by gattaca
5 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Problem is that every decent knock Yuvi has played in recent times - IPL and the Pak one - came at the back of a drop. Won't happen against SA, Eng, Aus or NZ who are likely to be our opponents in the future. Yuvi is no longer the player who can play a knock on his own and needs the support of poor fielding from opponents to get it done and that's a huge worry.

+1, also his running is a big hindrance, his fielding is shoddy, and no longer an asset with ball, he is in team because of commercial pressure

Pant should have played instead 

2 minutes ago, chewy said:

+1, also his running is a big hindrance, his fielding is shoddy, and no longer an asset with ball, he is in team because of commercial pressure

Pant should have played instead 

I would've preferred KL Rahul or manish Pandey if they were fit as they are gun fielders too. Pant could've been an option too to ensure we didn't lose momentum in the middle overs.