Shikhar Dhawan!!!

I'm not sure I by this favouritism angle from Kohli, reasons being:

1. I was always led to believe that him and Dhawan disliked each other, I believe this played out during 2014 Brisbane test when they argued over the batting order. I think Kohli plays Dhawan because he's attacking and that's why he prefers Rohit too.

2. KL Rahul plays for RCB and it could be argued that if Kohli was crooked, he would prefer KL indiscriminately.

3. Kohli has fully backs Hardik. Hardik is better looking than him, taller, an all rounder and a bigger hitter. Younger also. If Kohli was insecure type, surely Hardik would be his first target?

4. Kohli getting rid of Kumble wasn't a north/South conspiracy. It was a clash of 2 strong personalities who refused to budge. People may point to Kumble's credentials, but look at greg Chappell's credentials....can't get better than him.  But Chappell was a resounding failure as he failed to work with the personalities of the players. 

21 hours ago, Gollum said:

2 years down the line there will be some serious entertainment in Indian cricket. Kohli and Bunty (+Rohit) don't want to share the piece of pie and Kohli is ok with that because he knows he will always be a bigger draw than Rohit. By hook or crook these crooks have got rid off Kumble and blocked Rahul, a much better prospect than even Kohli. But what if Shaw becomes as good as he is promising to be at this young age? He could be a potential superstar then, but Kohli the insecure person that he is, will have serious issues with that. Now he may go to Bunty and hatch a plan to exterminate Shaw's India career but how will Mumbai lobby react? Mumbai lobby is silent now because they know Rohit and Rahane can never equal Kohli, but what if Shaw is SRT's heir and not another sidekick? I know for sure that then Sunny, Sanju, Shastribot, many sponsors, Mumbai lobby will throw their full weight behind Shaw. Bengaluru/Kolkata/Hyderabad/Chennai are relative lightweights before Mumbai and Delhi/Punjab in the national cricketing scene, that is why Rahul and Ashwin will never be a serious threat to KKK (Krooked Klueless Kohli). Come to think of it South Indian superstars (esp from Karnataka) have never got their due in Indian cricket- Vishy, Dravid, Kumble, Srinath, Chandra, Prasanna, Ashwin, Laxman are downplayed/overlooked...... while half decent Northies and Mumbai players are presented as saviors of Indian cricket.  

Shaw will be the first serious threat to Kohli's stature after Rahul's expected dismissal from national cricket team and I am eager to see how the chess pieces move. Shaw may have the lobby behind him but Kohli has smartly played his cards by getting linked with Bollywood, it would be the ultimate chess move if he could get inside the Mumbai circles and nip the bud of Shaw before it grows, pretty sure Bunty is working along such lines as I type. Kohli has North India behind him, he is expanding his reach by trying to win over Bollywood (success) and Muslims (status loading)...... surely the Mumbai lobby isn't that stupid to allow all this. What if Shastribot is that decoy that has been planted by the lobby to get India many series defeats overseas, thereby diminishing Kohli's stature as captain and hence his clout? Just like chess, think of Rahane (by his non selection overseas) and Rohit (by his selection overseas) as the ultimate exchange sacrifices which will lead to long term strategic advantage for the Mumbai group (for those who don't know chess: exchange sacrifice is done to wreck the opponents pawn structure to gain time and development, this is done by sacrificing a rook for a minor piece like bishop/knight).  Ofc our team results suffer but is Indian Cricket Team really more important than Kohli, Mumbai lobby and their 24x7 bhakchodi? 

Or will we see a tactical understanding between the 2 power centres where there will be a 6-5 arrangement in the Indian XI and all Southie and Bengal players will be permanently sidelined from the team? May be there will be an interim arrangement where Kohli may allow 6 Mumbai players and Shaw as no 2 in the pecking order while he remains Head B!tch, only to allow Shaw to take over his position after his retirement in 2027. 

Rant by Gollum 101 :hail:

Isn’t Bunty a talent manager?....while sure the conspiracy going around might be that he kills talent to save his brother in law and best friend

But lol

he must be the worst talent manager in the world if he goes around killing careers rather than scouting talent and trying to make money off of them

unless the role has talent manager has evolved to a new trend :cantstop:

Edited by maniac
23 hours ago, Gollum said:

Don't want Shaw to be scarred at such a tender age. Even SRT debuted on pattas, albeit against a good bowling attack. These SA pitches are doctored (ICC, you watching?) to shatter the confidence of Indian batsmen, can't expect a top 3 to just debut and fire away. That is also why I feel Rahul too will struggle in case he plays the 2nd test. A middle order bat will play an old cherry against tired bowlers, no place to hide for the top 3 batsmen.

No....except for that one game where Manju scored a double hundred,some of the pitches were pretty tough...ended the test career of Kris Srikkanth.

Imran Khan was confident that on bowling tracks with the bowlers   he had ,he will roll over the Indian team and it was a pretty good achievement to draw all 4 games.

Lot of people were surprised that Srikkanth was replaced as captain even though his personal form might have played a factor.

We hate Manju the commentator and try to downplay his cricket career but he was a pretty solid bat who played some very good innings at the start against Walsh Ambrose Bishop and also Wasim Waqar and Imran.

Edited by maniac
22 hours ago, Gollum said:

2 years down the line there will be some serious entertainment in Indian cricket. Kohli and Bunty (+Rohit) don't want to share the piece of pie and Kohli is ok with that because he knows he will always be a bigger draw than Rohit. By hook or crook these crooks have got rid off Kumble and blocked Rahul, a much better prospect than even Kohli. But what if Shaw becomes as good as he is promising to be at this young age? He could be a potential superstar then, but Kohli the insecure person that he is, will have serious issues with that. Now he may go to Bunty and hatch a plan to exterminate Shaw's India career but how will Mumbai lobby react? Mumbai lobby is silent now because they know Rohit and Rahane can never equal Kohli, but what if Shaw is SRT's heir and not another sidekick? I know for sure that then Sunny, Sanju, Shastribot, many sponsors, Mumbai lobby will throw their full weight behind Shaw. Bengaluru/Kolkata/Hyderabad/Chennai are relative lightweights before Mumbai and Delhi/Punjab in the national cricketing scene, that is why Rahul and Ashwin will never be a serious threat to KKK (Krooked Klueless Kohli). Come to think of it South Indian superstars (esp from Karnataka) have never got their due in Indian cricket- Vishy, Dravid, Kumble, Srinath, Chandra, Prasanna, Ashwin, Laxman are downplayed/overlooked...... while half decent Northies and Mumbai players are presented as saviors of Indian cricket.  

Shaw will be the first serious threat to Kohli's stature after Rahul's expected dismissal from national cricket team and I am eager to see how the chess pieces move. Shaw may have the lobby behind him but Kohli has smartly played his cards by getting linked with Bollywood, it would be the ultimate chess move if he could get inside the Mumbai circles and nip the bud of Shaw before it grows, pretty sure Bunty is working along such lines as I type. Kohli has North India behind him, he is expanding his reach by trying to win over Bollywood (success) and Muslims (status loading)...... surely the Mumbai lobby isn't that stupid to allow all this. What if Shastribot is that decoy that has been planted by the lobby to get India many series defeats overseas, thereby diminishing Kohli's stature as captain and hence his clout? Just like chess, think of Rahane (by his non selection overseas) and Rohit (by his selection overseas) as the ultimate exchange sacrifices which will lead to long term strategic advantage for the Mumbai group (for those who don't know chess: exchange sacrifice is done to wreck the opponents pawn structure to gain time and development, this is done by sacrificing a rook for a minor piece like bishop/knight).  Ofc our team results suffer but is Indian Cricket Team really more important than Kohli, Mumbai lobby and their 24x7 bhakchodi? 

Or will we see a tactical understanding between the 2 power centres where there will be a 6-5 arrangement in the Indian XI and all Southie and Bengal players will be permanently sidelined from the team? May be there will be an interim arrangement where Kohli may allow 6 Mumbai players and Shaw as no 2 in the pecking order while he remains Head B!tch, only to allow Shaw to take over his position after his retirement in 2027. 

No Harry Potter analogies :mad:. I am disappoint.

17 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

I think Kohli plays Dhawan because he's attacking and that's why he prefers Rohit too.

This is a valid point. Kohli is too passionate about the game that I dont believe he will do anything that is against the interest of the team. He wants to take on the sa attack rather than play the pujara kind of game.

Edited by renjith
3 hours ago, maniac said:

No....except for that one game where Manju scored a double hundred,some of the pitches were pretty tough...ended the test career of Kris Srikkanth.

Imran Khan was confident that on bowling tracks with the bowlers   he had ,he will roll over the Indian team and it was a pretty good achievement to draw all 4 games.

Lot of people were surprised that Srikkanth was replaced as captain even though his personal form might have played a factor.

We hate Manju the commentator and try to downplay his cricket career but he was a pretty solid bat who played some very good innings at the start against Walsh Ambrose Bishop and also Wasim Waqar and Imran.

But yaar looking at the scorecards (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/62328.html) the pitches wouldn't have been that tough. Not as flat like we had in our 2006 tour there, but certainly not those 200 meets 175 type pitches like we may get this entire tour. Srikanth was never a great test player and may be he had run into a trough in 1989, I certainly don't recall any special innings by him leading up to that series, must have lost his excellent hand-eye co ordination by then. Getting 4 draws against that Pak side amidst so much hostility by Pak qaum (Kapil and Srikanth were attacked on field by Pak spectators while the authorities looked the other way) was indeed a terrific achievement. Kris deserves plaudits for his captaincy and Sanju was spectacular. I think Sanju had great technique against fast bowlers, legit underachiever.

20 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

I'm not sure I by this favouritism angle from Kohli, reasons being:

1. I was always led to believe that him and Dhawan disliked each other, I believe this played out during 2014 Brisbane test when they argued over the batting order. I think Kohli plays Dhawan because he's attacking and that's why he prefers Rohit too.

2. KL Rahul plays for RCB and it could be argued that if Kohli was crooked, he would prefer KL indiscriminately.

3. Kohli has fully backs Hardik. Hardik is better looking than him, taller, an all rounder and a bigger hitter. Younger also. If Kohli was insecure type, surely Hardik would be his first target?

4. Kohli getting rid of Kumble wasn't a north/South conspiracy. It was a clash of 2 strong personalities who refused to budge. People may point to Kumble's credentials, but look at greg Chappell's credentials....can't get better than him.  But Chappell was a resounding failure as he failed to work with the personalities of the players. 

1. They may have had a few disagreements or so but blood is thicker than water. Both were team mates from Delhi and both get on very well if you follow them on social media. Mrs Dhawan is BFF with Anushka, in fact I think Anushka-Ritika-Ayesha is the new power circle in Indian cricket, remember right throughout history all major decisions are made in the kitchen and not by men.

2. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. May be Kohli wants to keep Rahul with RCB and insult/admonish/beat/sexually assault him when the cameras aren't rolling. He can easily demoralize a player by changing the batting order, dropping him, ignoring him..... I don't follow IPL but have seen a few posters here talking about Dhoni's treatment of Ashwin in IPL 2 years back. This is kinda like the Ramsay Bolton-Reek storyline playing out in front of our eyes. Gosh I am crying here even while typing , poor poor Rahul, hope he gets his freedom in the next IPL auction.

3. Hardik isn't that good by any stretch of imagination, but he has potential. If he can develop himself as a consistent gun player the next 2 years, Kohli will be after his head. One thing he has going in his favor is he is under Ambani's protection, the moment that protective charm collapses Kohli will waste no time in making his move. Remember how after the protective spell around Harry Potter expired when he turned an adult in the wizarding world, all Death Eaters (+ The Dark Lord) crowded around 4 Privet Drive to kill him. Similarly if Hardik loses the Ambani protection he will have very little time to get into another safe house (big corporate) before Kohli and his gang come to finish his career.

4. Did Voldemort try to get rid of Dumbledore because they were born in different places? No this isn't a clash between North and South. This is a dharmayudh between truth and falsehood, light and dark, good vs evil...played out for thousands of years in this planet and playing out every minute every day. Kohli got rid of Kumble because Kumble was good person with the best interests of Team India in his heart. He wanted to give youngsters a chance in the XI, wanted to improve our bench strength and create more superstars. But Kohli wanted status quo, he wanted to kill the likes of Rahul and Kuldeep before they emerged stronger than ever before. Kumble made the ultimate sacrifice for Indian cricket when he put himself as target defending the long cherished ideals of justice, fairness, equality and all that is good and worth defending in this world. 

6 hours ago, maniac said:

A youngster having a loose technique is not the same as an international cricketer playing at the highest level for what 6 years now?

I don’t think even Sachin Lara has perfect techniques when they started.

Exactly , there is zero gains from playing Dhawan . Infact if he gets a flueky 50/100 it might hurt India longtrem .

With Shaw atleast we will find out if hes the real deal and he has age on his side to work on his game and make 2-3 more comebacks to the side 

3 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Shaw is gun 

Raul and vijay first choice openers . Shaw back up . That’s shoudl be pecking order for eng tour 

vijay should worry . Shaw will take his place . Not a matter of if but when 

kids special 

I agree , if VJ continues to be inconsistent we should start looking at other options may be in 8-12 months time 

if the kid is special you have to accommodate him , he can easily be played at 6 . A test opener should easily be able to play down the order . I dont mind if he averages 35 for first 10 games .

6 hours ago, maniac said:

how did match got drawn on bowling tracks?

9 hours ago, renjith said:

This is a valid point. Kohli is too passionate about the game that I dont believe he will do anything that is against the interest of the team. He wants to take on the sa attack rather than play the pujara kind of game.

Well said. I think first instinct of many ICFers is "think conspiracy". Rather than letting all natural, plausible explanations play out and then defaulting to conspiracy. Partially motivated by trying to take the heat off of Dhoni/Srini saga.

Edited by mancalledsting
21 hours ago, Gollum said:

1. They may have had a few disagreements or so but blood is thicker than water. Both were team mates from Delhi and both get on very well if you follow them on social media. Mrs Dhawan is BFF with Anushka, in fact I think Anushka-Ritika-Ayesha is the new power circle in Indian cricket, remember right throughout history all major decisions are made in the kitchen and not by men.

2. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. May be Kohli wants to keep Rahul with RCB and insult/admonish/beat/sexually assault him when the cameras aren't rolling. He can easily demoralize a player by changing the batting order, dropping him, ignoring him..... I don't follow IPL but have seen a few posters here talking about Dhoni's treatment of Ashwin in IPL 2 years back. This is kinda like the Ramsay Bolton-Reek storyline playing out in front of our eyes. Gosh I am crying here even while typing , poor poor Rahul, hope he gets his freedom in the next IPL auction.

3. Hardik isn't that good by any stretch of imagination, but he has potential. If he can develop himself as a consistent gun player the next 2 years, Kohli will be after his head. One thing he has going in his favor is he is under Ambani's protection, the moment that protective charm collapses Kohli will waste no time in making his move. Remember how after the protective spell around Harry Potter expired when he turned an adult in the wizarding world, all Death Eaters (+ The Dark Lord) crowded around 4 Privet Drive to kill him. Similarly if Hardik loses the Ambani protection he will have very little time to get into another safe house (big corporate) before Kohli and his gang come to finish his career.

4. Did Voldemort try to get rid of Dumbledore because they were born in different places? No this isn't a clash between North and South. This is a dharmayudh between truth and falsehood, light and dark, good vs evil...played out for thousands of years in this planet and playing out every minute every day. Kohli got rid of Kumble because Kumble was good person with the best interests of Team India in his heart. He wanted to give youngsters a chance in the XI, wanted to improve our bench strength and create more superstars. But Kohli wanted status quo, he wanted to kill the likes of Rahul and Kuldeep before they emerged stronger than ever before. Kumble made the ultimate sacrifice for Indian cricket when he put himself as target defending the long cherished ideals of justice, fairness, equality and all that is good and worth defending in this world. 

What the hell did I just read :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

22 hours ago, Gollum said:

1. I think Anushka-Ritika-Ayesha is the new power circle in Indian cricket, remember right throughout history all major decisions are made in the kitchen and not by men.

2. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. May be Kohli wants to keep Rahul with RCB and insult/admonish/beat/sexually assault him when the cameras aren't rolling. . This is kinda like the Ramsay Bolton-Reek storyline playing out in front of our eyes. Gosh I am crying here even while typing , poor poor Rahul, hope he gets his freedom in the next IPL auction.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: