Why can't dhoni just be axed

7 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Dhoni scored 148 in 5th match he was given against PAK

Can't believe people are having a Thought about saha even for a second :ahhhhh:I rather take Kishan atleast

Both Kishan and Pant are rather inexperienced in 50 over matches, which is why the selectors chose the "great" Dinesh Karthik. Saha, Pappu, DK, etc. are all > 30 too, which means that they are not long term options.

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

Both Kishan and Pant are rather inexperienced in 50 over matches, which is why the selectors chose the "great" Dinesh Karthik. Saha, Pappu, DK, etc. are all > 30 too, which means that they are not long term options.

On current form Dinesh is miles ahead of Dhoni. No contest.

3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

mXcsnf4.png

Way too good to handle :hysterical:  and maniac wonders why people call him troll

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

Saha's LOI record is very good (even more so than his FC record).

He meant if dhoni is needed for keeping skills only like fans justify his place after failure in batting then why not have best keeping skills of Saha. Saha's batting record in ODIs is irrelevant to mention here. The sample set is also small.

Edited by Kerberos

I love how we are talking of keeping an oldie in our team in the name of experience and what not when we just got thrashed by a team in the finals because they had the courage of picking youngsters in their team which our captain, coach, selectors and even fans lacked. Fakhar, Ali, Shadab, Amir all kids trounced our team. It is not that our youth is any less brighter or less talented. But we have still not learnt our lesson and still continue to humor oldies way past their selling time

1 hour ago, New guy said:

I love how we are talking of keeping an oldie in our team in the name of experience and what not when we just got thrashed by a team in the finals because they had the courage of picking youngsters in their team which our captain, coach, selectors and even fans lacked. Fakhar, Ali, Shadab, Amir all kids trounced our team. It is not that our youth is any less brighter or less talented. But we have still not learnt our lesson and still continue to humor oldies way past their selling time

You lost finals because of your top 3 doing f all :hysterical: if foundation wasn't set there was never a chance of winning if from there anyway.. What did so called young fast bowlers do ? Let a hack like fakhar score a 100 ? LOL and what talented shabad you on about... he got smashed for 24 an over by pandya :facepalm:

So you agree we made a mistake with 10du in history for letting that guy play for 3 extra years despite being sellby date so he can get his 100th 100 :hehe:

Glad you did

13 hours ago, Khota said:

On current form Dinesh is miles ahead of Dhoni. No contest.

No, he is not. DK has always been a beast in domestic matches, and always underperforms at the international level. He is a domestic bully.

6 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

You lost finals because of your top 3 doing f all :hysterical: if foundation wasn't set there was never a chance of winning if from there anyway.. What did so called young fast bowlers do ? Let a hack like fakhar score a 100 ? LOL and what talented shabad you on about... he got smashed for 24 an over by pandya :facepalm:

So you agree we made a mistake with 10du in history for letting that guy play for 3 extra years despite being sellby date so he can get his 100th 100 :hehe:

Glad you did

Tendu and esp Yuvi played long after their usefulness. Since 2011 WC, Yuvi averages 26 and Tendu avg 31 (although he played only a small sample size of 10 ODIs).

28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

No, he is not. DK has always been a beast in domestic matches, and always underperforms at the international level. He is a domestic bully.

He just had a great IPL. He just scored 100 in England. I have no idea what you are talking about. Dhoni has hit a ceiling and will not deliver any more.

Just now, Khota said:

He just had a great IPL. He just scored 100 in England. I have no idea what you are talking about. Dhoni has hit a ceiling and will not deliver any more.

IPL is not an accurate indicator. The 100 was in a practice game. Every time DK was called up, it was because of strong domestic performances, and most of the times he underperformed when he was selected.

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

IPL is not an accurate indicator. The 100 was in a practice game. Every time DK was called up, it was because of strong domestic performances, and most of the times he underperformed when he was selected.

I totally disagree. Currently there is no better metrics out there than IPL. IPL pretty much tells the complete story.

Edited by Khota
8 hours ago, PBN said:

Can Dhoni finish with a career avg of 50?  Though, it wouldn't matter to his legacy. He'll always be remembered for this captain that did it all brought India home the World Cup, T20WC, etc

I don't think he will - am expecting him to end with 47-48.