India A team's tour of South Africa

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Nair again out early that to a spinner. Seems to be in really bad form.

1(35).  Looks like he tried to dig in for a long one, and failed.   Pretty horrible A tour for him thus far.  Don't want to be overly harsh, but says something about his temperament a bit.  He should have been able to fight through adversity a bit and at least put up a couple of 40s or so.   I want Shreyas Iyer to really kick on to a big one.  None of this - I play one way only, my "natural game" BS.   He needs to put up a daddy hundred here and set the game up for this team.  

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

They collapsed today. Iyer, Vihari and Bawne particularly disappointing. Now Kishan needs to take on the spinner to take the team close to 300.

Crap batting continues on day 3 we managed 95 only only Nadeem bats well for his 36 we surrender vs Spin attack,Nadeem took his 5th wicket in a match.

SA A 69 For 1.Stephen Cook 68 ball 16 not out, he will b re-return in Southfrican test team in up coming test series vs  Bangladesh on Sep. 28th,with scores of 136/34/98/16* Kuhn was total failure vs Eng.recently.Elgar is other opener.

SA 109 ahead India A must need to take 6 wickets between lunch and tea or before close to back in to the game and Square series 1/1 on day 4.i think if we removes Ramela early we might have chance.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

DDaD

Edited by pnimesh1955
23 hours ago, sandeep said:

1(35).  Looks like he tried to dig in for a long one, and failed.   Pretty horrible A tour for him thus far.  Don't want to be overly harsh, but says something about his temperament a bit.  He should have been able to fight through adversity a bit and at least put up a couple of 40s or so.   I want Shreyas Iyer to really kick on to a big one.  None of this - I play one way only, my "natural game" BS.   He needs to put up a daddy hundred here and set the game up for this team.  

Rohit Sharma struggled with his shot selection early in his career apart from not so good technique. Only now he is marginally better.Shreyas is similar.

47 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Rohit Sharma struggled with his shot selection early in his career apart from not so good technique. Only now he is marginally better.Shreyas is similar.

There's an argument to be made that LOI cricket ruined these players' development.  Rohit's FC numbers before he became an ODI regular were in the 60s IIRC.  I initially thought he would do better in tests as opposed to ODIs, had high hopes for him to be that next quality Bombay bat.  Let's hope Iyer's game and attitude both mature a bit - as of now, he's a young 20-something multi-millionaire who wants to be a 'superstar'.   And appears to be prioritizing his high-scoring game (also high paying - to be fair) ahead of a tighter 'test' batting technique.  

I want to know what speeds Navdeep Saini is bowling these days, especially in 4-day games.

Gambhir has backed him a lot and he has a good eye for bowling talent.

He bowled well against the Australians in a practice match before they played tests.

He bounced out Warner and was moving the ball at pace.

In this A tour, he is the only pacer to play 2 Unofficial tests  ..... and has picked up 7 wickets so far.

The last time I saw him bowl in a Ranji match, he was getting steep bounce and seam movement.

Edited by express bowling
On 8/20/2017 at 4:12 PM, express bowling said:

We are not discussing Shami here as he is growing day by day as a test bowler and now averaging 30 with a SR of 51.

Umesh's style suits only test matches in Asia, where there is reverse swing .....and his pace is needed on the slow tracks.  His style of inaccurate bowling without using much brains, and lack of natural bounce,  is not suited for outside-Asia tests.  

I was talking about Ishant and Umesh .... and NOT about Shami.

What has Ishant done to deserve 77 tests while we write off other pacers based on theory  ?

I think Bumrah would provide that control too.  

Hit-the-deck seam bowlers who try to bowl at one spot ball after ball, get some seam movement and bounce ... like Bumrah does .... usually do well in test matches.  The only issue which I want to see is whether Bumrah has the stamina to bowl 20 overs a day. This is a grey area.

I like both Saini and Rajpoot, but want to see how they do match after match.   Not too long ago, Rajpoot was running out of steam after bowling 10 or 12 overs a day.... I don't know whether that issue is solved.  Most of our A-team bowlers have or had  this issue,  including Siraj and Aniket C.

good discussion between express and RKT...i think i also need to dive into this conversation.

initially i beleived that bumrah is more malinga type odi bowler only as he was straight but i think till he is young and is not completely Sorted out , it makes sense for INDIAN Selectors to pick him into our africa and england bound teams and actually play him in 11 along with shammi and Umesh , i can Bet india will be winning if umesh shammi bumrah and hardik are our 4 pacers.

this guy has showed that he can crank upto 148k on pitches where umesh was going upto 145k.

I am a Jaat and i know Sardar's and Jaats can seriously throw themselves hard and bumrah seems to be seriously going full throttle now..it wud be better if we play him only ODI in india as he is not required but on foreign pitches we need our best pacers and if he is OUR no 1 Pacer in ODI ahead of BHUVI,UMESH ,SHammi- we are fooling ourselves by saying that he is not among the best 4 for TESTS.

IS bumrah our best ODI Pacer..Answer is YES. why..bcos he takes wickets..he gives less runs.

Is bumrah among our 4 best Pacers for TESTS ..Answer has to be YES. even in tests the basic rules are similiar with small differences.

having said that i believe Ankit rajpoot should be picked ahead of ISHANT..the hyd fast bowler  seems to be faster and better than navdeep saini for tests.

Dont you guys think that I can do a great job as SELECTOR of a STATE Team.

I am game to devote full time to cricket and become and selector and see bowlers pacers and fast bowlers and spinners....

I am a Computer engineer and a Comp expert so i guess i fit in into the Analytics part as well, i have some expertise on some BI Tools too.

If one of you is a big BCCI honcho..pick me up as a selector...Ha ha ha.

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

There's an argument to be made that LOI cricket ruined these players' development.  Rohit's FC numbers before he became an ODI regular were in the 60s IIRC.  I initially thought he would do better in tests as opposed to ODIs, had high hopes for him to be that next quality Bombay bat.  Let's hope Iyer's game and attitude both mature a bit - as of now, he's a young 20-something multi-millionaire who wants to be a 'superstar'.   And appears to be prioritizing his high-scoring game (also high paying - to be fair) ahead of a tighter 'test' batting technique.  

No offense but the last quality bat from Bombay was tendulkar. That's about it. Haven't seen anyone after him.