India A team's tour of South Africa

40 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

So, who among these guys is sure to be on the ODI / T-20 team against SL?

Manish Pandey is a shoo-in.  Who else?

And I just noticed Nathu is not on the A-tour.  What ever happened to him?  Too raw?

In a way it's good. Pandey has already played couple of match winning innings. Now guys like Shankar who did not get much chance to bat are able to show their worth.

SOA's last 3 posted 140 in last 21 over, we need 140 more in last 20 with 8 wickets in hand,in form pandey still to come.i would like to pramote Axer for pinch hitter job here to increase NRR.

we can count on pant but he is not trust worthy under pressure to score 6 runs per over.NO LIVE GAMES ON YOU TUBE IN USA they only showing delayed feed.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Chahal needs to eat more. hehe. Looks really weird on the field.

I guess he's not buff enough for Team India's "brand image".   Who cares if he's a skinny ectomorph.  I'm only concerned with his cricket, and his bowling in particular.  

11 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Congratulations to India A.  As I type, 38 runs to go in 48 balls.  

Time to draft Pandey and Iyer into the LOI squad for SL and blood them when their confidence is sky-high.  Also book their tickets for the SA tour.  

Pandey was impressively clutch and consistent in this series.  Although the entire series was played in conditions that were tougher on openers compared to middle order bats.   But take nothing away from him - he should be #4 in our ODI team, if not #3.  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Pandey was impressively clutch and consistent in this series.  Although the entire series was played in conditions that were tougher on openers compared to middle order bats.   But take nothing away from him - he should be #4 in our ODI team, if not #3.  

Time to reward Shardul Thakur too.  He has bowled well the entire tourney.  Isn't this why we do A tours?  

For 1st ODI against SL:

Dhawan

Rahul

Kohli

Pandey/Iyer

Iyer/Pandey

Pant

K. Jadhav

H. Pandya

V. Shankar / K. Pandya

S. Thakur

K. Yadav

12th: K. Pandya / V. Shankar

Dude can dream, right?

Edited by Brainfade
37 minutes ago, Silva said:

Seriously how does yuvi, rahane, jadeja and kartik make our odi squad while so much talent is being wasted in the a team. Complete joke. 

The day's not far when a promising young India bat "emigrates" to either Eng/Aus/BD/SA for opportunities at the international level a la Tahir or Pietersen.  I think it will happen in the next 10 years.  India's cricket economy and player resources are just going to generate too much talent for all to get a fair shot in just one national XI.   

Edit:  Actually "migrating" to a weaker country such as USA/Nepal/UAE is more likely - already happening if you think of Ranji discards.  

Edited by sandeep

PERFORMANCE OF OUR BATSMEN IN THE 50-OVER TOURNAMENT

Pandey --  55.  41*.  86*.  93*.  32*

Iyer     --  0.  20.  44.  9.  140* ( F )

Pant    --  10.  17*.  60.  20.  DNB ( F )

Shankar -- . 18*.  0.  72 ( F )

Samson --  7.  10.  68.  12* ( F )

Krunal --    0.  48.  25  --- last 2 innings at very high SR of 180+

Nair   --   25.  57.  9.  4 ( F )

Pandey has been superb and very consistent.  Always played well under pressure.

Iyer steals the show in the crucial final. Played another good knock earlier.

Shankar has been good. Shows up in the final match.

Krunal has played a couple of very high SR knocks at the end.

Pant and Samson have been average.

Nair has disappointed with 3 failures in 4 innings.

Edited by express bowling