India A team's tour of South Africa

6 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

As I hoped, Rajpoot has emerged as the standout pacer from India in this match despite getting no game time in LoIs as well as the last FC. With due respect to the Kauls and Sirajs who seem to have recently cropped up and become talking points, Rajpoot ought to be well ahead of them in the pecking order, both in terms of achievements and talent.

Kaul has not cropped up recently. In fact, he has been the oldest of them all. He is from Kohli U19 batch. I wish Pradeep Sangwan was also a part of this squad.

Ah ha we need 224 to Square the series 1/1 I think plenty of time left, On day 4, Rajpoot/Gotham and Nadeem restrict SA A in further 39 runs only,lost 6 wickets.S.Cook remains 70 not out.

70*

====

338 IN 4 INNINGS

He is outstanding and deserves back into southafrican test team coming up test in September 28 vs Bangladesh.

India are 15 for 0

Edited by pnimesh1955
33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Very good come back from India A bowlers ripping through their middle and lower order. Nadeem and Rajpoot both gets 3. SA A 177 all. 224 to chase in the last innings for India A. Not an easy chase still.

Good start probably ease the target. at least the game, produces results than dull tame draw

But I think 4 day game ideal for youth cricket.

India 15 for 0

12 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

India A - 67/2. Nair on 6 and Samarth on 23 at the crease.

I expect Nair's wicket to fall soon. But as it is just spinners bowling, he should be able to score.

He could not score against spinners yesterday and got out to a leg spinner?

3 hours ago, Kerberos said:

Rahane.

He very weak against spin.

4 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

If in LOIs agreed, but in tests Rahane is definitely a quality bat, especially overseas which is what matters the most.

Edited by gattaca
On 20/08/2017 at 7:47 PM, SK_IH said:

havent seen this guy bat,but you guys think he is future ind player ?

I think he will play for India at some point , if I have to compare his statemates I would pick him ahead of Manish and Karun in terms of all round game and potential . He was at a slight disadvantage , fighting for opening spot with KL , Uthappa and Mayank  otherwise would have played 2 more seasons of domestic by now . So needs a big season soon to make an impression 

8 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I think he will play for India at some point , if I have to compare his statemates I would pick him ahead of Manish and Karun in terms of all round game and potential . He was at a slight disadvantage , fighting for opening spot with KL , Uthappa and Mayank  otherwise would have played 2 more seasons of domestic by now . So needs a big season soon to make an impression 

thanks for details,i hope this guy and that prashant chopra both open for ind A on next A tour

16 hours ago, gattaca said:

No offense but the last quality bat from Bombay was tendulkar. That's about it. Haven't seen anyone after him.

Why would I be offended?  

Btw, who really is the next "quality bat" after Tendy's retirement?  Rohit Sharma and Rahane are from the Bombay School, and maybe the likes of Iyer, Shaw will carry the torch forward.   

4 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Nair atlast scoring runs in A tour. Still has to improve a lot against seam bowling, else will end the Tailunt way.

He is pretty much like him. Rohit great against pace, but **** against spin. Nair great against spin, but **** against pace. Both complement each other. 

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

Why would I be offended?  

Btw, who really is the next "quality bat" after Tendy's retirement?  Rohit Sharma and Rahane are from the Bombay School, and maybe the likes of Iyer, Shaw will carry the torch forward.   

Both Rohit and Rahane have flaws. Rahane is useless in spinning conditions and rohit is useless away from Indian shores. I havent Iyer or shaw.

Na:bebored:no one expect Nair to hit 90 but India win by 6 wits because Piedt not get support from other end.Anyway anyone know next Schedule of any A team in the  world of cricket

Not easy to sort out where they posted. only after 6 mos we have under 19 WC Pakistan successfully moves out of India.