India A team's tour of South Africa

Rahane is too good in test cricket who scores century in every country outside India, whose highest in SOA 96 but he will break that in 365 days.he is our better Fielder with WORLD RECIRD 8 CATCHES IN SINGLE TEST on his name.India's Yajuvendra Singh and G.Chappel hold previous record.RAHANE can even lead India, he is vice captain of India.

13 hours ago, SK_IH said:

thanks for details,i hope this guy and that prashant chopra both open for ind A on next A tour

Indian selection policy so rigid, they do not wants to experiments newer blood like Pakistan doing

We have option of Rahul/Rohit/Vijay/dhawan now Mukund will sits out so RAHANE was told you are 3rd opener in SL ODI.

Pandey deserves in SL ODI right now but he was not selected

7 hours ago, gattaca said:

Both Rohit and Rahane have flaws. Rahane is useless in spinning conditions and rohit is useless away from Indian shores. I havent Iyer or shaw.

A batsman who has done wonders in first class can no way be useless against spin. Rahane does have some issues against spin for now. Even quality batsman have some particular issues at some point of their career.

2 hours ago, fineleg said:

Which player are winners for India-A from this tour? And, Who didn't make it to next level according to you?

Summary?

Looked international material to me  --

1-day games --

Pandey, Iyer, Pant, Shardul, Siraj, Thampi, Axar

4-day games -- 

Did not watch but  Samarth, Siraj, Nadeem, Rajpoot   performed .....  Saini, Nair, Iyer, Sudeep were decent

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

1-day games --

4-day games -- 

Did not watch but  Samarth, Siraj, Nadeem, Rajpoot   performed .....  Saini, Nair, Iyer, Sudeep were decent

Pandey was super clutch and consistent in the ODI leg.  Iyer had his typical performance - flashed a lot of potential, but wasn't consistent enough to really take that next step.   IMO Siraj has shown a lot of promise, purely based on the expectation to performance ratio.   For an inexperienced rookie, he has come along quite quickly.   

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

1-day games --

4-day games -- 

actually Saini was the best pacer in 4-day games

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

IMO Siraj has shown a lot of promise, purely based on the expectation to performance ratio.   For an inexperienced rookie, he has come along quite quickly.   

Just look at the consistency Siraj  has shown where-ever he has played.  Has picked up wickets in every format and every series.

On this A tour ..... 5 wickets in 1  four-day game ..... 5 wickets in 3  one-day-games.

10 wickets from 6 IPL matches.

42 wickets from 10 Ranji games.

He has the pace and consistently  attacks the top of off-stump.    This combination spells big potential for developing into a strike bowler as he can get the outside-edges as well as bowleds / LBWs.

Bowling averages
  Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 12 23 2223 1075 49 5/52 9/116 21.93 2.90 45.3 4 1 0
List A 11 11 536 439 18 3/24 3/24 24.38 4.91 29.7 0 0 0
T20s Insights on t20 16 16 372 487 26 4/24 4/24 18.73 7.85 14.3 2 0 0

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/940973.html

IPL

Bowling Mat Balls Runs WKTS BBM Ave Econ SR 4W 5W
Career 6 138 212 10 4/32 21.20 9.21 13.80 1 0
2017 6 138 212 10 4/32 21.20 9.21 13.80 1 0

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, SUMO said:

among all the 7 rookie pacers nurtured by bcci at NCA + shardul .... siraj is the one who has the hunger, looks ready and want to excel. 
Thats why his first class, list A and A tours record is better than the rest.

Could also be due to the fact that he hasn't played more than a season or 2 has he?  

So not single guy from recent India A tour to SA in current Test squad

And in current Test squad no-one has played in SA or Australia for over two years

I see Pant, Samson and Ishan Kishen were on this A tour, but BCCI select Pappu :hysterical: 

some decent perofrmances by the quicks on the A tour, but BCCI and Kohli opt for Ishant Sharma :hysterical: 

plenty runs scored by next in line batsmen (with SA conditions under their belt) but BCCI and Kohli go ahead with Rohit Sharma :hysterical: 

I see Makram playing in that tour look where he is now!

And that’s why India will Never dominate cricket, despite doing a lot of good work in background (U19, Emerging players tournament, A tours) when it comes to the final decision for the first team...there is no rational or logical approach :wall: 

1 minute ago, chewy said:

So not single guy from recent India A tour to SA in current Test squad

And in current Test squad no-one has played in SA or Australia for over two years

I see Pant, Samson and Ishan Kishen were on this A tour, but BCCI select Pappu :hysterical: 

some decent perofrmances by the quicks on the A tour, but BCCI and Kohli opt for Ishant Sharma :hysterical: 

plenty runs scored by next in line batsmen (with SA conditions under their belt) but BCCI and Kohli go ahead with Rohit Sharma :hysterical: 

I see Makram playing in that tour look where he is now!

And that’s why India will Never dominate cricket, despite doing a lot of good work in background (U19, Emerging players tournament, A tours) when it comes to the final decision for the first team...there is no rational or logical approach :wall: 

If you have a captain who doesn't believe in youngsters and instead opts for so called "Experience" of test discards, this is what will happen.