Fastest bowlers from India, Top 10 list

Yantra

This debate about whether Sreesanth bowled 150kph is just what is wrong with ICF at some times. A fan of Sreesanth notes that Sreesanth can bowl 150kph and then people dispute whether it is true or not. The fact is that he does not often bowl that speed (whatever the reason is irrelevant!) and doing so does not grant him success. In short, the important thing is the speed that a bowler bowls the majority of the time, not his top speed and secondly, it all doesn't matter if the bowler is terribly inconsistent. I bet Indian fans would kill for a Devon Malcolm - I'm far happier with an Angus Fraser.

This debate about whether Sreesanth bowled 150kph is just what is wrong with ICF at some times. A fan of Sreesanth notes that Sreesanth can bowl 150kph and then people dispute whether it is true or not. The fact is that he does not often bowl that speed (whatever the reason is irrelevant!) and doing so does not grant him success. In short, the important thing is the speed that a bowler bowls the majority of the time, not his top speed and secondly, it all doesn't matter if the bowler is terribly inconsistent. I bet Indian fans would kill for a Devon Malcolm - I'm far happier with an Angus Fraser.
All true but the purpose of this thread is to find the fastest ball by each bowler. Sree is still a 135-140kmph with swing. He can up his speed if he wants.
Wow.. Very pleased to read following statement from Mr. Campbell: Honestly speaking I wasn't much aware of Srinath's exploits as out and out pace bowler. Having said that I always knew that he was quick,from the time he broke Mourik Pringle's nose during 92 tour, and carried India's attack admirably on many away tours like England 96, SA 96-97. But his pacy period seems to have faded relatively quickly.
I remember Sreenath hitting 142 in 2003 WC. he was slower than Zak and Nehra who could both bowl 148. But it was all Lee, Akthar and bond show with 150+
Sreesanth bowled 150 kpmh plus v SL in wc final. He should be 4 on that list.
He did bowl a few at 144-145 but LOL at 150. He ran out of gas after 2-3 overs of quick bowling. It was comical and embarrassing to see him even struggling to complete even his runup, so much being a fast bowler.
This.
He did bowl a few at 144-145 but LOL at 150. He ran out of gas after 2-3 overs of quick bowling. It was comical and embarrassing to see him even struggling to complete even his runup' date=' so much being a fast bowler.[/quote'] Dougy Bollinger gets tired too. So does Tait despite jogging in. Our bowlers do need better fitness though. In tests you see a lot of players drop speed as their spell progresses.
Dougy Bollinger gets tired too. So does Tait despite jogging in. Our bowlers do need better fitness though. In tests you see a lot of players drop speed as their spell progresses.
That is why they barely played for their national team.
qft