Left Arm seamers currently in Indian domestics

maniac

4 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Whatever happened to Barinder Sran... He was a decent LOI bowler, not sure of his First class record / fit for Tests though.

Yeah totally has fallen from the face of the earth...showed potential and was in the scheme of things in internationals...had a good IPL 2016 and suddenly no news.

Surprising to see cricketers who reach the international stage all of a sudden totally disappear from everything...Jayant Yadav is another guy and I think Karun Nair will soon be in this list.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Surprising to see cricketers who reach the international stage all of a sudden totally disappear from everything...Jayant Yadav is another guy and I think Karun Nair will soon be in this list.

Karun Nair is understandable.. Had a series of failures.. 

Jayant Yadav has disappeared every since Pandya came into picture.. He was a decent bat, should be considered as a back up to Pandya

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Yeah totally has fallen from the face of the earth...showed potential and was in the scheme of things in internationals...had a good IPL 2016 and suddenly no news.

Sran hasn't disappeared anywhere. He suffered an injury on that Aus tour and had to undergo a surgery, just came back from that and played first Ranji match for Punjab. 

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

Aniket Chaudhary -- fast-medium .....  6'5 " tall .... gets good bounce and swings it too

He is a test prospect  and has a FC average of 27.9

Bowls 130 k to 144 k range.

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/ranji-trophy-2015-16-group-a-rajasthan-vs-karnataka-aniket-choudhary-grabs-3-for-72-against-karnataka-/2001451902

Mostly aniket is under 140k and that's not too impressive. 

He has good bouncer. 

But he has to improve his pace.. If he can be as fast as Ishant.. He will replace Ishant. 

2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Mostly aniket is under 140k and that's not too impressive. 

He has good bouncer. 

But he has to improve his pace.. If he can be as fast as Ishant.. He will replace Ishant. 

Bolt is also under 140 mostly, 135-140 is very  good for a 6'4" tall bowler.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bolt is also under 140 mostly, 135-140 is very  good for a 6'4" tall bowler.

Bolt is such a good bowler.. He is as skillful as Bhuvi so his skill meter is very very high.. He swings like Bhuvi and that's why he won New Zealand first match. 

I have seen him bowling 141 144 n outside of India he is 140 plus. 

Zak used to bowl 140 plus most of the time when he debuted and started beating Srinath for pace. 

Aniket is jaat like me but still I wud say I liked that biceps body builder left armer more as he was 140 plus in iPl and he got Australian captain out of a bouncer.. Those are points one has to note.. Smith was kinda defending the ball.. He should be fast tracked and trained. 

Aniket has been a nets bowler for quite long and had he been very impressive.. He would have got selected. 

I liked the big biceps left armer.. I m missing his name.. He is Delhi pacer 

Don't get over impressed by average pacers... One has to select true n rarest talent. 

Rare talent guy won't be hard working but he should be pushed to work hard. 

Bhuvi is not rare talent but varun aroon is rare talent... I would have groomed and supported varun aroon if I would have been a selector.. If varun had got more opportunities.. His control would have been better. 

Had I been a selector no medium pacer would ever be close to Indian teams.. I still consider Bhuvi medium pacer though he proves me wrong sometimes. 

A fast bowler is one who bowls three balls at 140+ in an over like shammi n umesh n varun. 

9 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Bolt is such a good bowler.. He is as skillful as Bhuvi so his skill meter is very very high.. He swings like Bhuvi and that's why he won New Zealand first match. 

I have seen him bowling 141 144 n outside of India he is 140 plus. 

Zak used to bowl 140 plus most of the time when he debuted and started beating Srinath for pace. 

Aniket is jaat like me but still I wud say I liked that biceps body builder left armer more as he was 140 plus in iPl and he got Australian captain out of a bouncer.. Those are points one has to note.. Smith was kinda defending the ball.. He should be fast tracked and trained. 

Aniket has been a nets bowler for quite long and had he been very impressive.. He would have got selected. 

I liked the big biceps left armer.. I m missing his name.. He is Delhi pacer 

Pradeep sang Wan is his name

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Don't get over impressed by average pacers... One has to select true n rarest talent

I agree fully.

Which is why I am against selecting a left-arm pacer just for the sake of variety.

The WI pace attack of 1975 to 1985   or  Australian test pace attack of 1994 to 2007 .... the best pace attacks in the history of the game .... did not have any left-arm quicks.

We should try to select true wicket-taking pacers .... usually those who combine pace / bounce with skills and have a high  wickets per match ratio.   Shami and  Bumrah are two such pacers ..... we need to find new such quicks.

Md. Siraj is one such candidate ..... Avesh Khan and K. Nagarkoti could be two others .... we have to keep an eye on Nathu Singh, Khejroliya  and  Lalit Yadav too.  All have high wickets per match ratio in some format and all are pacy.

A pacer should look  " lethal " and special while bowling .... if he has to be selected for India.

Edited by express bowling
On 10/27/2017 at 2:06 AM, express bowling said:

I agree fully.

Which is why I am against selecting a left-arm pacer just for the sake of variety.

The WI pace attack of 1975 to 1985   or  Australian test pace attack of 1994 to 2007 .... the best pace attacks in the history of the game .... did not have any left-arm quicks.

We should try to select true wicket-taking pacers .... usually those who combine pace / bounce with skills and have a high  wickets per match ratio.   Shami and  Bumrah are two such pacers ..... we need to find new such quicks.

Md. Siraj is one such candidate ..... Avesh Khan and K. Nagarkoti could be two others .... we have to keep an eye on Nathu Singh, Khejroliya  and  Lalit Yadav too.  All have high wickets per match ratio in some format and all are pacy.

A pacer should look  " lethal " and special while bowling .... if he has to be selected for India.

that's true. I hope we will, at some point, unearth a right- or left-arm fast bowler who can exceed 150 kmph at peak speed. Umesh has slowed down, and Aaron is nowhere in the scheme of things. I can't think of any other current bowlers (apart from Abu Nechim and Ishant) who have come close to 150 in their career.

59 minutes ago, Vijy said:

that's true. I hope we will, at some point, unearth a right- or left-arm fast bowler who can exceed 150 kmph at peak speed. Umesh has slowed down, and Aaron is nowhere in the scheme of things. I can't think of any other current bowlers (apart from Abu Nechim and Ishant) who have come close to 150 in their career.

Shami has bowled 151 k and Bumrah 148 k.

Touching 150k, a lot of Indian bowlers can do. What we need is a bowler who can bowl 2 deliveries in 150's and atleast 2 more 143+ every over of his spell. We are missing that right now. Its too sad it took so many years for Umesh to mature as a bowler, and now that he has, he is loosing his pace. Very nice point made by @vishalvirsingh. The Indian management, which is one of the richest boards in the entire universe, doesnt have brains enough to understand how to hone players? And how to preserve them and how to make them better and recognize which players are gold? These boards are just money making machines who give two hoots about cricket.

I still remember when I went to the Indian practise camp in Bangalore in 2000.. Saw Srinath, Zaheer, Agarkar, Amit Bhandari bowl. Agarkar was hardly practising. With so much talent, atleast on that day, he was so lazy and his career did decline much before it should have. 

Edited by Rightarmfast

This is exactly what this clueless Indian cricket board has done. They had players, but they never groomed them. Irfan Pathan would be one of INdia's biggest loss. What I love about this guy is his attitude. Have never seen him complain, always has a smile on his face. I really do want him to be back in the team, if only for a season!

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Touching 150k, a lot of Indian bowlers can do. What we need is a bowler who can bowl 2 deliveries in 150's and atleast 2 more 143+ every over of his spell. We are missing that right now. Its too sad it took so many years for Umesh to mature as a bowler, and now that he has, he is loosing his pace. Very nice point made by @vishalvirsingh. The Indian management, which is one of the richest boards in the entire universe, doesnt have brains enough to understand how to hone players? And how to preserve them and how to make them better and recognize which players are gold? These boards are just money making machines who give two hoots about cricket.

I still remember when I went to the Indian practise camp in Bangalore in 2000.. Saw Srinath, Zaheer, Agarkar, Amit Bhandari bowl. Agarkar was hardly practising. With so much talent, atleast on that day, he was so lazy and his career did decline much before it should have. 

Aaron, Shami, Umesh and Ishant, only 3 have done. That too like few deliveries in career.

20 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Aaron, Shami, Umesh and Ishant, only 3 have done. That too like few deliveries in career.

The point I was making was of effort ball. What I was trying to say was about speed. So A lot of bowlers can bowl close to that speed now. So I understand you tried being very specific and tried sounding intelligent, but that wasn’t the point . And I can safely say I know the bowlers pretty well who have done it. You have missed atleast 2 bowlers who have done it in the past. Figure out who I am talking about