Rohit putting on pounds

Cricketics

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Even raina took a gr8 catch in eng series , but he had also gained

Hitter- well that doesnt do justice to his talent, rohit has a gift of timing n power.....shdunt be only described as hitter 

Nope its fat ......look at his double chin.....u wnt find that in rahul or kohli or even look closely at hayden or symonds pics.....no layer under the chin . 

No way it cant be muscle.........

Kohli and rohit are the same age and look at the pic ull see how young kohli looks .......the hard work shows

yes. from Rohit to fathit.

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Na I feel we make big deal of this yoyo test. Raina with all the fat I. still beleive is fit enough to field and surely can have better reuslt on youo than some if the current players.The whole yoyo test is overrated for a cricketer. May be good for bowlers. Or they need to define it properly. 

but Raina failed Yo-Yo test

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

My thing is that yoyo and tests like that are good for sports like nfl etc where agility is more needed 24/7 than cricket where sometimes a fielder can be made to hide like on square leg etc where captains usually hide their worst fielder and yet play them. Someone like Mohd. Shami will surely do worse than Raian on yoyo and yet should play because he is what we need in the Indian team at this time. So again the whole yoyo test failing should be alarming but should’t decide a player’s future. 

Shami will easily clear Yo Yo test because he is a fast bowler. Yo-Yo test is all about endurance. 

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You are what you eat. No exercise can do anything, you watch what you eat.

It can, I eat random crap junk food yet when I exercise more, run and do cardio more I tend to stay fitter and lean. Though when I skip for a week, I gain again. I never try to miss any junk food. I do watch from time to time but still eat what I like, just that I regularly exercise. 

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

It can, I eat random crap junk food yet when I exercise more, run and do cardio more I tend to stay fitter and lean. Though when I skip for a week, I gain again. I never try to miss any junk food. I do watch from time to time but still eat what I like, just that I regularly exercise. 

It’s just the role you are designed for-Kohli is the running back to Rohit’s quarterback simple.

Usain Bolt has a different body type to say the gold medalist in wrestling...doesn’t make one less fitter than the other.

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

It’s just the role you are designed for-Kohli is the running back to Rohit’s quarterback simple.

Usain Bolt has a different body type to say the gold medalist in wrestling...doesn’t make one less fitter than the other.

Thats two different things. Agree on different sports require different things but that exampl isn’t what we are discussing.

Like Kohli mentioned in interview how you wake up and how much you eat impacts on how much ground you cover during fielding. He specifically mentioned how much time you take to reach from point A to Point B while stopping and chasing for thr ball is impacted by your diet, your sleeping habit etc.

I can’y agree more with him there. Also same havit shoes in your running between the wickets, how mivh time you take to complete run and how responsive and agile you are. Now judgement of a run is different from the agility. In terms of Judgement, even kohli messes up a lot, but agility wise, Dhoni, Kohli, Tendulkar, were all top class runnings who were very responsive to the singles and doublee, something where Rohit seems to be going towards Ganguky’s way. And all tht “tond” is showing in his calls of “no” to shikhar for a quick single. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thats two different things. Agree on different sports require different things but that exampl isn’t what we are discussing.

Like Kohli mentioned in interview how you wake up and how much you eat impacts on how much ground you cover during fielding. He specifically mentioned how much time you take to reach from point A to Point B while stopping and chasing for thr ball is impacted by your diet, your sleeping habit etc.

I can’y agree more with him there. Also same havit shoes in your running between the wickets, how mivh time you take to complete run and how responsive and agile you are. Now judgement of a run is different from the agility. In terms of Judgement, even kohli messes up a lot, but agility wise, Dhoni, Kohli, Tendulkar, were all top class runnings who were very responsive to the singles and doublee, something where Rohit seems to be going towards Ganguky’s way. And all tht “tond” is showing in his calls of “no” to shikhar for a quick single. 

Rohit hit 264 batted throughout the innings...didn’t break a sweat and came back to field...that right there is endurance.

Look at his catch yesterday that turned the game

Even Baba Ramdev has a little tond and he can take down the likes of a/c gym 6 pack Ranvir Singh.You need to have a little gut.

You are confusing a sculpted body building physique to fitness.

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, maniac said:

Rohit hit 264 batted throughout the innings...didn’t break a sweat and came back to field...that right there is endurance.

Look at his catch yesterday that turned the game

Even Baba Ramdev has a little tond and he can take down the likes of a/c gym 6 pack Ranvir Singh.You need to have a little gut.

You are confusing a sculpted body building physique to fitness.

Like I said earlier and  will say it again, he used to be fitter. He isn’t anymore. His class will remain but to keep scoring like he used, he must stay fit, fit like he used to be. 15 pounds less anf he will look like he was batting during that 264 which came few years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Like I said earlier and  will say it again, he used to be fitter. He isn’t anymore. His class will remain but to keep scoring like he used, he must stay fit, fit like he used to be. 15 pounds less anf he will look like he was batting during that 264 which came few years ago. 

Didn’t he just score a big 100 in the 3rd Odi? Batted for 40 overs...didn’t look tired and also came back to field?

@Cricketics is your complain the physical appearance of Rohit Sharma or have you seen any decline in his fielding or ability to play long innings due to his fitness?

Clearly fielding as you saw from the catch yesterday and also was patrolling long on yesterday reserved for quick runners.

Batting just played a marathon knock literally 2 weeks back.

so what’s the issue?