Trolls on ICF: Moderators please read!

Rightarmfast

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

You miss my point. While we can agree there is some sort of reasoning behind saying those words. How does it all justify name calling those who have nothing to do with it? How does it justify discriminating people based on race, color, religion, and nationality?

You are asking me to talk to my government while I am talking about a basic human behavior? In other words you will get off your seat right now and openly call anyone you see with a beard a terriost. Cause apperently its the governments fault. Anyone who has any sort of national background to that has the right to be called something so cancerious.

Once again don’t complain about trolling if this is how you wanna treat people. People with this mentality cannot be taken seriously.

calm down bro.

relax. 

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

You miss my point. While we can agree there is some sort of reasoning behind saying those words. How does it all justify name calling those who have nothing to do with it? How does it justify discriminating people based on race, color, religion, and nationality?

You are asking me to talk to my government while I am talking about a basic human behavior? In other words you will get off your seat right now and openly call anyone you see with a beard a terriost. Cause apperently its the governments fault. Anyone who has any sort of national background to that has the right to be called something so cancerious.

Once again don’t complain about trolling if this is how you wanna treat people. People with this mentality cannot be taken seriously.

You are not accountable obviously for the actions of some idiots from your country.Totally agree!!!

However your totally accountable for the stupidity you display on this forum or your intention to troll which I may add is very annoying. 

If you were managing to rile up people with offensive posts than sure it is what you are supposed to do as a troll which is fine I guess  as it is the moderators job to clean that up.

My problem is whenever I open a thread  most times you have no fkin clue what the topic is about, yet,I see some random rambling from you which neither has anything to do with the thread or neither it comes across as a well thought out post. It is a total eyesore.

I don’t know you personally,For all I know you might be working on the cure for cancer and might volunteer in the soup kitchen in your down time, so it is never personal but your posts sure come across as someone who is not very bright and has no clue whatsoever.

I personally like diversity and a different POV on this forum especially when it is presented and articulated well, but at times diversity for the sake of diversity is pointless.

I know I quoted you here  even though there is a 90% chance this post will go over your head...However this is addressing all the “diverse” trolls out there.

Trolling over here is too much. As a poster I do use ignore option, however there has to be a genuine effort from moderation team so that genuine posters contribute more to the forum than the troll ones. Off course the moderators are having their jobs and probably can't moderate all troll posts, however this seems to be a forum where trolls enjoy more than genuine posters. So be it if the owners of forum want quantity over quality.

On 19/11/2017 at 9:13 AM, Straight Drive said:

Trolling over here is too much. As a poster I do use ignore option, however there has to be a genuine effort from moderation team so that genuine posters contribute more to the forum than the troll ones. Off course the moderators are having their jobs and probably can't moderate all troll posts, however this seems to be a forum where trolls enjoy more than genuine posters. So be it if the owners of forum want quantity over quality.

Quality doesn't come with lower quantity here. I remember when we used to have lower activity, it was mostly trolling. Now it's mix of that. You can't choose quality over quantity. You will have to choose quantity with quality.

Do you really think any quality poster will post here if people reply after 2 days? No one is interested in posting in such scenario.

2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

@Trichromatic- Dont ban anyone permanently, ban them for few days to start with and third time ban them permanently. Though posters like @Lala2790 are irritating but we must have other views.

Permanent ban is generally avoided unless someone is creating problem repeatedly. Otherwise we have points system where if a user accumulates 50+ points, that member will banned for a day or a week. 

Another important thing to note is that we rely on reported posts to take care of these stuff. So every member has to contribute to making it a better platfform.

Expecting that we read each and every post and act accordinly is simple not feasible. So if a member has a problem with some posts and instead of using "Repot post" feature, if he himself indulges in mud slinging and then complain later is pointless. 

There has been times when I have to go through 2-3 pages of a threads and read and every post carefully to delete some of those. It's time wasting exercise. 

I would have been happy if we had some younger mods. Most of us are full time working people who find it difficult to spend hours for site. 

Permanent ban is generally avoided unless someone is creating problem repeatedly. Otherwise we have points system where if a user accumulates 50+ points, that member will banned for a day or a week. 

Another important thing to note is that we rely on reported posts to take care of these stuff. So every member has to contribute to making it a better platfform.

Expecting that we read each and every post and act accordinly is simple not feasible. So if a member has a problem with some posts and instead of using "Repot post" feature, if he himself indulges in mud slinging and then complain later is pointless. 

There has been times when I have to go through 2-3 pages of a threads and read and every post carefully to delete some of those. It's time wasting exercise. 

I would have been happy if we had some younger mods. Most of us are full time working people who find it difficult to spend hours for site. 

Respect your hard work mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Quality doesn't come with lower quantity here. I remember when we used to have lower activity, it was mostly trolling. Now it's mix of that. You can't choose quality over quantity. You will have to choose quantity with quality.

Do you really think any quality poster will post here if people reply after 2 days? No one is interested in posting in such scenario.

I have used other forum as well. Can assure quality comes and forums exist without any trolling at all. Having said that there are very few posters, some posts gets replied after even weeks time. Some maybe replied in few minutes as well. Quality is 100%. If anyone tries to troll he is out of the forum. There is not even a single troll member or a single troll post in whole month. That experience made me feel the difference in forums and write the post that i did.