Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shikhar Dhawan have been released from India's Test team .Vijay Shankar named Bhuvneshwar's replacement

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Correct about dhawan , how ????? he smashed a minnow 

May be u need to look at rohit test career over all

Both Rohit and Dhawan in their current form are better than Vijay and many others. Dhawan just proved it and Rohit will do the same if given the opportunity. After Kohli the next top 5 Indian batsman are about the same and real good.

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

Both Rohit and Dhawan in their current form are better than Vijay and many others. Dhawan just proved it and Rohit will do the same if given the opportunity. After Kohli the next top 5 Indian batsman are about the same and real good.

Best batsman is Pujara by miles. And then its tough fight between Rahane and Kohli.I m sure, give a year and Kohli will be fighting for third spot.

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

Best batsman is Pujara by miles. And then its tough fight between Rahane and Kohli.I m sure, give a year and Kohli will be fighting for third spot.

I think best is Kohli.

Then the next five are about the same.

rahul, Dhawan, rahane, rohit, Vijay, Pujara etc.

This is the most formidable lineup in the world. Throw in Dinesh or Parthiv in plave of Saha and you have  dream lineup.

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

I think best is Kohli.

This is the most formidable lineup in the world. Throw in Dinesh or Parthiv in plave of Saha and you have  dream lineup.

Let me tell you the small issue with Kohli. He bats like a bully. Zero respect to bowler. Works very well in SC conditions as you have to be on Front foot to neuralise the spin.

Test cricket is played on pitches where bowlers are a bully. And Kohli cant take it. In test arena, in non Asian conditions, Its backfoot players, who are needed.

Hence we see, Year after year, Series after series, Our superstars , going with massive inflated averages and then coming home with a dent of 2-5 runs on their career average.

Edited by mishra
13 minutes ago, mishra said:

Let me tell you the small issue with Kohli. He bats like a bully. Zero respect to bowler. Works very well in SC conditions as you have to be on Front foot to neuralise the spin.

Test cricket is played on pitches where bowlers are a bully. And Kohli cant take it. In test arena, in non Asian conditions, Its backfoot players, who are needed.

Hence we see, Year after year, Series after series, Our superstars , going with massive inflated averages and then coming home with a dent of 2-5 runs on their career average.

No one can time ball better than Kohli. That is a god given gift and he is benefitting from it. He is the boss. He is stupid too for letting dhoni play.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Pujara has done nothing much overseas....so the best batsman is kohli at this point

Kohli avg in Aus, Sa, NZ is more then most past gr8s

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I think best is Kohli.

No post kohli the best batsman varies in formats

Rohit has been a failure in test and rahane in Odi yet they both are 2nd best in diff formats 

Rahane game has tons of loop holes in ODI and same with rohit in test cricket 

Dhawan has been a gun odi player but very below avg in test

Murali vijay has been good player in test 

Pujara has been a good test player but question are huge for his overseas perfomance

Rahul has been very good and has the potential to be be gr8 in LOI as well 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pujara has done nothing much overseas....so the best batsman is kohli at this point

No post kohli the best batsman varies in formats

Rohit has been a failure in test and rahane in Odi yet they both are 2nd best in diff formats 

Rahane game has tons of loop holes in ODI and same with rohit in test cricket 

Dhawan has been a gun odi player but very below avg in test

Murali vijay has been good player in test 

Pujara has been a good test player but question are huge for his overseas perfomance

Rahul has been very good and has the potential to be be gr8 in LOI as well 

I think you are underestimating Rohit and Rahane. Dhawan surprised you in the last test and now others will too. Their game is lot more mature.

Just now, Khota said:

I think you are underestimating Rohit and Rahane. Dhawan surprised you in the last test and now others will too. Their game is lot more mature.

Actually i have overestimated them

Once i thought rahane was a better choice as opener in ODI then rohit but i was wrong , but he has tons of problem

1. Strike rotation isnt good

2. Poor conversion rate

3. struggles against spinners in between

4. Even has struggles many times in LOI when ball has swung .

5.  struggles to keep the rate high post powerplay 

6. Plays to many dot balls.......

7. Lacks shot range specially when it comes to aerial or even cheeky

8. inconsistent.............

9. Extremely Low s/r

A player with so many weaknesses will never do well in LOI............he is a World class batsman. But till the time he gets over his weakness or atleast half of it he wnt find much success........these selfish 50s wnt take him or team anywere. Indian team is a top team and top team only needs match winners or utility player and he is none......

The reason Rohit has done well in odi is he has many area above mentioned covered in his game 

So no m not underestimating him,...........his record speaks for his failure

Even i was wrong regd Rohit sharma, when he burst on the scene i found him the best newcomer and im sure many wud have . Even when he was struggling in ODi i though this guy wud do better in test cricket and i was wrong. 

i wrote a post last yr regd rohit's technical problem and attitude issues last yr .........and thats why he hasnt done well in test and i dnt see any improvement in both areas.  He did well in LAst yr NZ series but i beilve NZ bowled with poor planning against him which wont happen every day . 

There wud be occasional series where Dhawan, rohit and rahane wud do well but we dnt need that inconsistency .......

Both of them will have solid competition now ........

About dhawan....i like him and he really surprised me on NZ tour last time but thats it. Only a fool wud say that Dhawan is a better test player then vijay. Vijay is a class player and dhawan an avg test batsman who ll soon be threatned by prithvi shaw. 

I knw the diff between good and avg attack and dhawan on most days will feast on Avg attacks like SL, WI but when u go overseas u need quality and thats what vijay is. U wont survive long against skillfull bowlers with dhawan's game. 

A bigger fool wud say rohit is better then Vijay in test .............i think his biggest fan @maniac wudnt agree on that. 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually i have overestimated them

Once i thought rahane was a better choice as opener in ODI then rohit but i was wrong , but he has tons of problem

1. Strike rotation isnt good

2. Poor conversion rate

3. struggles against spinners in between

4. Even has struggles many times in LOI when ball has swung .

5.  struggles to keep the rate high post powerplay 

6. Plays to many dot balls.......

7. Lacks shot range specially when it comes to aerial or even cheeky

8. inconsistent.............

9. Extremely Low s/r

A player with so many weaknesses will never do well in LOI............he is a World class batsman. But till the time he gets over his weakness or atleast half of it he wnt find much success........these selfish 50s wnt take him or team anywere. Indian team is a top team and top team only needs match winners or utility player and he is none......

The reason Rohit has done well in odi is he has many area above mentioned covered in his game 

So no m not underestimating him,...........his record speaks for his failure

Even i was wrong regd Rohit sharma, when he burst on the scene i found him the best newcomer and im sure many wud have . Even when he was struggling in ODi i though this guy wud do better in test cricket and i was wrong. 

i wrote a post last yr regd rohit's technical problem and attitude issues last yr .........and thats why he hasnt done well in test and i dnt see any improvement in both areas.  He did well in LAst yr NZ series but i beilve NZ bowled with poor planning against him which wont happen every day . 

There wud be occasional series where Dhawan, rohit and rahane wud do well but we dnt need that inconsistency .......

Both of them will have solid competition now ........

About dhawan....i like him and he really surprised me on NZ tour last time but thats it. Only a fool wud say that Dhawan is a better test player then vijay. Vijay is a class player and dhawan an avg test batsman who ll soon be threatned by prithvi shaw. 

I knw the diff between good and avg attack and dhawan on most days will feast on Avg attacks like SL, WI but when u go overseas u need quality and thats what vijay is. U wont survive long against skillfull bowlers with dhawan's game. 

A bigger fool wud say rohit is better then Vijay in test .............i think his biggest fan @maniac wudnt agree on that. 

I dont have time to read your post but all I can tell you is side by side both Rahane and Rohit will outperorm Vijay. Like I said Dhawan just proved my point. Vijay at best is a decent player. he has a very low ceiling compared to other three.

14 hours ago, Khota said:

I dont have time to read your post but all I can tell you is side by side both Rahane and Rohit will outperorm Vijay. Like I said Dhawan just proved my point. Vijay at best is a decent player. he has a very low ceiling compared to other three.

I like when people have no answer to facts and their records gets stuck on one point.

how is rahane competing with vijay , they both are must in test 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
20 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He has done nothing on two counts. When Kohli told him to go and score at a S/R.

Or more often then not, We played without openers.

If It was about averages and runs, Arun Lal would have been most prolific scorer in International arena.

You decide best bats on basis of how they approach each ball. I am not a statsguru fan but in most tough matches, where India would have buckled the total number of balls faced by Indian team, Chepu would have faced atleast 20% of them.

Why go that far. Just look at scorecard of last match. That half century by Pujara in first inning when rest were falling like cards shows the difference in league. Opposition can allways create a wicket like one in last game and ensure it behaves the same way for next 3 days. Job done.

59 minutes ago, mishra said:

He has done nothing on two counts. When Kohli told him to go and score at a S/R.

Or more often then not, We played without openers.

If It was about averages and runs, Arun Lal would have been most prolific scorer in International arena.

You decide best bats on basis of how they approach each ball. I am not a statsguru fan but in most tough matches, where India would have buckled the total number of balls faced by Indian team, Chepu would have faced atleast 20% of them.

Why go that far. Just look at scorecard of last match. That half century by Pujara in first inning when rest were falling like cards shows the difference in league. Opposition can allways create a wicket like one in last game and ensure it behaves the same way for next 3 days. Job done.

Ahem ahem, check ur facts

By the time kohli was made captain pujara already failed in eng, nz, aus under dhoni ......So bullshit 

And he didnt do well in county to this yr.........waha to kohli nhin na 

His technique was exposed

These are diff conditions, pujara is subcontinet condition is definately our best batsman....i do remeber his innings in SL in 2015 and that was a top inning which btw was under kohli. 

But when it comes to overseas condition he failed............and thats where kohli scores on overall batsman test. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I like when people have no answer to facts and their records gets stuck on one point.

how is rahane competing with vijay , they both are must in test 

I have two choices here (1) spend time to respond to everything you say

(2) Point to the results

What I was telling you is that if India opens with Rahane they will not miss Vijay. He scores plenty of runs and otherr things you point out are mute point.

In ODI he was always donig good but sub 100 SR. Does that make that much differnece if someone is getting 50 runs gauranteed at 80 SR. No it does not. You are finding faults with thing little things but miss the overall point that Vijay is not as good as others.

55 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ahem ahem, check ur facts

By the time kohli was made captain pujara already failed in eng, nz, aus under dhoni ......So bullshit 

And he didnt do well in county to this yr.........waha to kohli nhin na 

His technique was exposed

These are diff conditions, pujara is subcontinet condition is definately our best batsman....i do remeber his innings in SL in 2015 and that was a top inning which btw was under kohli. 

But when it comes to overseas condition he failed............and thats where kohli scores on overall batsman test. 

You remember that SL forgot that was not a subcontinental pitch, very much like Eden at least in first innings.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You remember that SL forgot that was not a subcontinental pitch, very much like Eden at least in first innings.

These pitches will never same pace n bounce ...even if they good seaming tracks.

SA n Aus n NZ  have diff sought of pace n bounce.....its the same even if they start to turn still wnt be like subcontinental

Now SL i have mentioned a tough pitch but then he faced SL bowler who were good but then add the diff of skillful Aus, NZ, ENG bowling attack on their own pitches. 

How else do u explain his overseas failure , so pujara has to do a lot more to be called teams best batsman and that was the point 

3 hours ago, Khota said:

I have two choices here (1) spend time to respond to everything you say

(2) Point to the results

What I was telling you is that if India opens with Rahane they will not miss Vijay. He scores plenty of runs and otherr things you point out are mute point.

In ODI he was always donig good but sub 100 SR. Does that make that much differnece if someone is getting 50 runs gauranteed at 80 SR. No it does not. You are finding faults with thing little things but miss the overall point that Vijay is not as good as others.

Rahane as opener in test cricket?????? kya fooka hai bhai 

His career s/r in odi is around 75 huge diff from 100 .

50 runs at 80 s/r  is bullshit as opener in LOI......what are we pakistan . ........2nd of all he doesnt do it consistently

Why wud i want a player who inconsistently scores these impactless runs , rather ill get a pant kishen type who even if they make 30-40 will have far more impact 

Vijay is not as good as other.........have u seen vijay bat. have u seen rohit n dhawan play test cricket n m not talking about playing against SL n Wi they are minnows

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

These pitches will never same pace n bounce ...even if they good seaming tracks.

SA n Aus n NZ  have diff sought of pace n bounce.....its the same even if they start to turn still wnt be like subcontinental

Now SL i have mentioned a tough pitch but then he faced SL bowler who were good but then add the diff of skillful Aus, NZ, ENG bowling attack on their own pitches. 

How else do u explain his overseas failure , so pujara has to do a lot more to be called teams best batsman and that was the point 

Rahane as opener in test cricket?????? kya fooka hai bhai 

His career s/r in odi is around 75 huge diff from 100 .

50 runs at 80 s/r  is bullshit as opener in LOI......what are we pakistan . ........2nd of all he doesnt do it consistently

Why wud i want a player who inconsistently scores these impactless runs , rather ill get a pant kishen type who even if they make 30-40 will have far more impact 

Vijay is not as good as other.........have u seen vijay bat. have u seen rohit n dhawan play test cricket n m not talking about playing against SL n Wi they are minnows

I think it's best we not waste energy replying to someone who doesn't watch test cricket and thinks all formats require the same skills.