Vijay Shankar (Batting Pacer Allrounder) - Performance Watch thread

10 hours ago, bowl_out said:

He technique looks very tight.. High elbows, looks to play straight.. very textbook, but that reduces his range..  like I said before, I've never seem him play through the covers / point. His runs mostly come down the ground or through mid-wicket, and square of the wicket against spinners... but rarely through off-drives

he is reducing error range by not having any lateral shots, when there is lateral movement helps preserve wicket.  Thats what i liked about his NZ innings, i thought he would be unsure, try and tonk and score like 30 odd turnouts he can bat lots of balls.

40 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If Binny played in England instead of Pandya, he would have picked up more wickets.Binny is proper swing bowler who would exploited conditions far better than Pandya. He has best odi figures for India.

Binny is no slouch as a batsman compared to Pandya. Don't make Pandya into Gary Sobers , he has single FC hundred that too due to bashing a hapless spinner.

Binny is just not quick enough to trouble English batsmen on those pitches.  He did play on last tour, could barely bowl few overs even and conditions were pretty good for pacers last time too.

44 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If Binny played in England instead of Pandya, he would have picked up more wickets.Binny is proper swing bowler who would exploited conditions far better than Pandya. He has best odi figures for India.

Why dont u guys check some stats before quotting , binny did play in 2014 and was toothless

In eng

Pandya avg 24.70 with ball and s/r of 38

Binny has no avg n s/r coz he didnt pick a single wkt in 3 test he played, so binny was pathetic 

and pandya has a damn good outswinger 

ye hota to wo hota, jab tha to kuch kiya nhin

24 minutes ago, Vilander said:

thats down to ability. but he is near epic in Indian conditions. its funny to say some one else will be ahead of him in the 11 for bowling in home games. 

Even in home conditions, he has not been the same bowler since England tour in 2016 and Jaddu has outbowled him.

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why dont u guys check some stats before quotting , binny did play in 2014 and was toothless

In eng

Binny has no avg n s/r coz he didnt pick a single wkt in 3 test he played, so binny was pathetic 

its riddiculous to compare binny and pandya as a bowler. lol Pandya is an actual fast bowler. and the guy can hit at will, its just simple tribal hate.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Pandya looks a good bowler ( borderline some one who can be picked since he can tonk runs). Shankar looks a good batsman, if he geneuinly bats well in swing seam conditions he will play as a batsman. 

Neither of them are really bits and pieces. Bits and pieces are players who do not complete any one role fully. 

I don't think Pandya is a good bowler.

39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Binny is just not quick enough to trouble English batsmen on those pitches.  He did play on last tour, could barely bowl few overs even and conditions were pretty good for pacers last time too.

Because Dhoni did not have any trust in him. Dhoni had no idea why he played him.He would not have done worse than Pandya.

35 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In eng

He just did not bowl enough to get wickets, Dhoni had no idea why he was playing.This time wickets were very condusive to bowlers like him even Sam Curran got wickets, Binny is better bowler than him.

I don't see much difference in Pandya or Binny. Both are bits and pieces players .Pandya is better hitter of spinners.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He just did not bowl enough to get wickets, Dhoni had no idea why he was playing.This time wickets were very condusive to bowlers like him even Sam Curran got wickets, Binny is better bowler than him.

32 overs and still cnt get a wkts ....pandya has a s/r of 38 means a wkt every 38 balls that means in 6.2 overs

SO binny cnt takes wkts in 32 overs and pandya took wkts every 6.2 overs 

wah.....

Bhuvi took one after another fifer under dhoni on same tour

ishant took a 7 wkt haul under same dhoni 

Pandya has a lot of quality as a bowler, if u can look beyond ur ignorance look at his 5 wkt spell in 6 overs not a joke to get that . 

I don't see much difference in Pandya or Binny. Both are bits and pieces players .Pandya is better hitter of spinners.

Binny bowled at 125, Pandya is around 135-142k ...........huge huge diff

Pandya is hit the deck kind of bowler n can bowl gr8 outswing, binny was more of release the ball in air and could only swing not seam the ball 

Pandya is one of the best potentials, binny was mediocrity at best 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
10 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Is he a T20 player? Okay to give him a run in ODIs but not in T20s. Has a mediocre T20 record and has not done much in IPL either. I would much rather see guys Surya Yadav, who has a decent record playing at 5-6-7 in IPL to be given chances. A lot of our T20 players bat in top 3 for their IPL teams and struggle to bat in lower middle order. Better to give chance to guys who bat at those positions for their franchises.

He is not a T20 player. His current T20 run is most likely to give him and a few others game time to evaluate WC options

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

32 overs and still cnt get a wkts ....pandya has a s/r of 38 means a wkt every 38 balls that means in 6.2 overs

SO binny cnt takes wkts in 32 overs and pandya took wkts every 6.2 overs 

wah.....

Bhuvi took one after another fifer under dhoni on same tour

ishant took a 7 wkt haul under same dhoni 

Pandya has a lot of quality as a bowler, if u can look beyond ur ignorance look at his 5 wkt spell in 6 overs not a joke to get that . 

Binny bowled at 125, Pandya is around 135-142k ...........huge huge diff

Pandya is hit the deck kind of bowler n can bowl gr8 outswing, binny was more of release the ball in air and could only swing not seam the ball 

Pandya is one of the best potentials, binny was mediocrity at best 

I don't think so , Pandya is not better bowler than Binny in right conditions. Pandya is not 140 plus bowler, bowling once 142 does not make any bowler 140 plus bowler.

The same Dhoni ground Bhuvi to death and made him ineffective after three innings.Same Dhoni made sure Ishant was injured by making bowl short pitch for whole session even though we won the battle we lost the war due to Dhoni  destroying those two for whole series.

Edited by putrevus
23 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think so , Pandya is not better bowler than Binny in right conditions. Pandya is not 140 plus bowler, bowling once 142 does not make any bowler 140 plus bowler.

pandya bowled faster then every england bowler in that series as shown 

Pandya has even clocked 146k 

pandya bowls 135-142k kind of pace 

again m not surprised since ur facts are so wrong 

The same Dhoni ground Bhuvi to death and made him ineffective after three innings.Same Dhoni made sure Ishant was injured by making bowl short pitch for whole session even though we won the battle we lost the war due to Dhoni  destroying those two for whole series.

bhuvi lack of fitness was a reason to, same bhuvi wont go through same as his fitness is on diff level

Heard 1st time that someone got injured due to bowling short :phehe: , any bowler will tell the hardest ball to bowl is yorker coz it takes more energy not short pitch

Same guy who blames dhoni for these bowlers to break down has issue when we play all rounder for bowling cushion. Hello the reason we play all rounder to give our fast bowlers a breather 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pandya bowled faster then every england bowler in that series as shown 

Pandya has even clocked 146k 

pandya bowls 135-142k kind of pace 

again m not surprised since ur facts are so wrong 

bhuvi lack of fitness was a reason to, same bhuvi wont go through same as his fitness is on diff level

Heard 1st time that someone got injured due to bowling short :phehe: , any bowler will tell the hardest ball to bowl is yorker coz it takes more energy not short pitch

Same guy who blames dhoni for these bowlers to break down has issue when we play all rounder for bowling cushion. Hello the reason we play all rounder to give our fast bowlers a breather 

No we don't need to play bits and pieces players  and call them relief bowlers to fast bowlers. I am not against all rounders, I am against bits and pieces players masquerading as allrounders.

PS ask any fast bowler what is hard on their body .Yorker is hardest to bowl because it takes lot of skill to master it but it does not take same toll as short pitch bowling as you need to put in extra effort every time .If you don't understand ask and learn.

Edited by putrevus
6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No we don't need to play bits and pieces players  and call them relief bowlers to fast bowlers. I am not against all rounders, I am against bits and pieces players masquerading as allrounders.

all rounder become all rounder over a time. Watch the great kallis record till 1st 20 matches it was a disastor 

The so called stokes n shakib were gr8 either, have patience before we label someone something

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

all rounder become all rounder over a time. Watch the great kallis record till 1st 20 matches it was a disastor 

The so called stokes n shakib were gr8 either, have patience before we label someone something

Kallis had picture perfect technique while coming up, Kallis was school boy Prodigy who was destined to great things from school level.You are comparing him to Pandya r u kidding me?

FYI I don't care about Pandya stats for 11 tests, Pandya can play 100 tests he won't become a top order batsmen who can command his place due to his batting.

Who is Shakib, we have much better versions in Ashwin or Jadeja.

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

FYI I don't care about Pandya stats for 11 tests, Pandya can play 100 tests he won't become a top order batsmen who can command his place due to his batting.

why does Pandya need to be a top order batsman?