Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

chewt indian commentators will still quote 138 and say...has standards of fast bowling fallen ? an indian fast bowler being called fast these days etc. farking cucks.

Amol Majumdar was saying during the last match ( just before Saini's spell )  that Saini bowls around 135 k and touches 140 k even.      :phehe:

33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Amol Majumdar was saying during the last match ( just before Saini's spell )  that Saini bowls around 135 k and touches 140 k even.      :phehe:

He was sarcastic. He was there in first game and was excited to see him bowl 150kph.

22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bumrah also has pace and does well with that.  Same wish Shami now. Why people every time bring Umesh and forget Bumrah and Shami!

Bumrah might end up as greatest fast bowler from India. So it is too early to compare anyone wigth him. Shami should not be benchmark, he is wired very different which I have not seen in any Indian fast bowlers.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bumrah might end up as greatest fast bowler from India. So it is too early to compare anyone wigth him. Shami should not be benchmark, he is wired very different which I have not seen in any Indian fast bowlers.

Saini of what i have seen is same.  he is someone who runs in whole day and never lacking any effort.  He has bowled long spells in ranji trophy hitting 145K even in his 9th over of a spell.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Saini of what i have seen is same.  he is someone who runs in whole day and never lacking any effort.  He has bowled long spells in ranji trophy hitting 145K even in his 9th over of a spell.

Is he better than Kaul or the other guy who got injured in his first test.Did he play in IPL, Kaul I think has come into picture based on his IPL.

26 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Is he better than Kaul or the other guy who got injured in his first test.Did he play in IPL, Kaul I think has come into picture based on his IPL.

iirc Saini was with Delhi for IPL 2017. He was not selected in playing 11 in any of of IPL 2017 matches. He also did not get selected to play ant match in IPL 2018. This year he is with RCB. I doubt he will play matches this year as well considering Umesh Yadav and Siraj will be the pace bowlers for RCB. At the most he will play couple of matches if first chocie bowlers are rested by RCB.

10 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

iirc Saini was with Delhi for IPL 2017. He was not selected in playing 11 in any of of IPL 2017 matches. He also did not get selected to play ant match in IPL 2018. This year he is with RCB. I doubt he will play matches this year as well considering Umesh Yadav and Siraj will be the pace bowlers for RCB. At the most he will play couple of matches if first chocie bowlers are rested by RCB.

We can expect bias from selectors but IPL .Siraj has been awful for what ever matches he has played and if Saini can't dsplace him what does it tell about him.

16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

We can expect bias from selectors but IPL .Siraj has been awful for what ever matches he has played and if Saini can't dsplace him what does it tell about him.

Last year IPL committee came upw ith concept of trading window wherein players who play 2 matches or less by half-way in the tourney are eligible to be traded to other franchisees. Not aware whether Saini was traded in this mid tournament trading window last year.

Saini should be given to some other franchisee where he stands a chance to make playing 11. imo Rajasthan Royals and CSK are the two teams where Saini would be able to make it to playing 11.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

Cant hear him giggle .He hardly ever passes sarcastic comments ,why would be any different now ?   ......... i have listened to his commentary on quite a few occasions and he keeps calling him a medium pacer , have never heard him call saini even fast medium ,thankfully the graphics guys dont classify him as a medium pacer .He is just like any other ind commentator .

I haven't seen any of our media or ex players bigging up our pacers, Sunny, Kapil and all these guys are sad, inferiority complex , insecurity and bravado, like ha THAT AINT FAST.

If Srinath wasn't fast, or Bumrah, Shami then nor is Ryan Harris, Lillee, Waseem, Holding. Yes we haven't had a express bowler yet.

6 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Cant hear him giggle .He hardly ever passes sarcastic comments ,why would be any different now ?   ......... i have listened to his commentary on quite a few occasions and he keeps calling him a medium pacer , have never heard him call saini even fast medium ,thankfully the graphics guys dont classify him as a medium pacer .He is just like any other ind commentator .

He was commentating with Razdaan who is from Delhi and they do have banter in the comm box. He was just trying to egg Razdan there.

5 hours ago, MCcricket said:

I haven't seen any of our media or ex players bigging up our pacers, Sunny, Kapil and all these guys are sad, inferiority complex , insecurity and bravado, like ha THAT AINT FAST.

If Srinath wasn't fast, or Bumrah, Shami then nor is Ryan Harris, Lillee, Waseem, Holding. Yes we haven't had a express bowler yet.

Agree.

And the world has only seen 4 or 5 express pace  test match bowlers in the last 50 years.

Saini has been the fastest Indian bowler till day 16 in the IPL.

His fastest balls in the 5 matches he has played so far

1. 147 kph

2. 150 kph

3. 150 kph

4. 152 kph

5. 151 kph

Bowled wonderfully in yesterday's match with 2 for 24 off 4 overs.

He was bowling a few half volleys in his 2nd and 3rd match.  But has rectified this in his last 2 matches and has bowled those hard lengths at pace punctuated by sharp bouncers.

He is learning fast.