Can't depend on Shami.

surajmal

He was still not at his best, or is that his limitations in overseas conditions? Bumrah's bouncers were sight to behold, while Shami could hardly bowl above Knee level and his speeds were not impressive either. What happened to him? 

But it's fine as long as he get wickets.

Shami was hitting 144-146 kph in SC conditions in his faster test spells.Here he is looking a bit rusty.

Not running in,quite slow run up and not bowling flat out.If u see the speed-gun reading it proves

too.He's around 135 with fasters balls around 142-143 kph.On avg bowling 5 ks slower than his best.

Bowled well today but want to see a fit Shami going all guns blazing.Proteas will not have much answers

to that.

Shami escapes wrath becaus he has better numbers and also he has had better support but he is like Ishant...terrific in one spell and super ordinary the next.

Big question marks on his fitness and also doesn’t look like he can improve it...don’t blame his work ethic but he is one of those who just has that genetic make up I guess.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Shami escapes wrath becaus he has better numbers and also he has had better support but he is like Ishant...terrific in one spell and super ordinary the next.

Big question marks on his fitness and also doesn’t look like he can improve it...don’t blame his work ethic but he is one of those who just has that genetic make up I guess.

Shami has a weak core. That is why he gets injured so often, because his core cannot bridge the momentum transfer between his legs & hips (where bowlers generate most of the pace) and his upper body (release position and stuff). 

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

But how does Shami have those much better numbers compared to Ishant in every format ( much better bowling average and SR in every format )  even if we consider the period after Shami's debut, when support has been the same  ?

Edited by express bowling
Just now, express bowling said:

But how does Shami have those much better numbers compared to Ishant in every format ( much better bowling average and SR in every format )  even if we consider the period after Shami's debut, when support has been the same  ?

Because Shami is a better limited overs bowler than Ishant no denying that. 

Just doesnt have the consistency or the  fitness to deliver in tests over a period of time ..He is still one of our better options...but he is not a long term solutions...I am a fan of Shami the odi bowler and if we can use him there to get the max out of his LOI career than tests,I am all up for it.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Just doesnt have the consistency or the  fitness to deliver in tests over a period of time ..He is still one of our better options...but he is not a long term solutions...I am a fan of Shami the odi bowler and if we can use him there to get the max out of his LOI career than tests,I am all up for it.

But even in tests, Shami has the best SR and 2nd best average ( just 0.22 more than Kapil )  among all Indian pacers in our history with 100+ test wickets.

Can't happen without quality.