Positive / Sporting Comments Thread

zen

On 1/6/2018 at 9:32 PM, speedheat said:

Some dhoni chamchas like that "taklya" are getting desperate, but chill as much as i love captain kohli I have had criticized kohli captaincy for like thousand times on many occasions like  when he dropped umesh and shami who both averages 20 vs Pakistan on fast and bouncy track in CT final  for ashwin who averages 37 against the same team, batting second in it, sacking  Kumble( guy who I have deep respect right from his playing days) as a coach etc. 

That's the difference between supporting a player with substance and one without. In the case of the former, the fans will not be insecure and will be secure enough to criticize wrong decisions too

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

As deflating as the ABDV-Elgar partnership was, the match isn't over as yet. If we get 2-3 early wickets tomorrow, inki g**nd phat jaayegi.

The biggest question is how many can we chase in the 4th innings? First test was our golden chance to seal the deal.

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

The biggest question is how many can we chase in the 4th innings? First test was our golden chance to seal the deal.

Anything below 250. Kohli has got a nice habit of following up a good knock in the 1st innings with another in the 2nd. But we'd need one out of KLR/Vijay/Pujara to stand up.

57 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kohli has shut all detractors who called him a FTB,HTB,mental midget etc. :hatsoff:

Not me :phehe:. He is still unproven on big turners and swinging conditions. And as far as high profile knockout matches in ODIs are concerned  he remains a mental midget in spite of his 150 today. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not me :phehe:. He is still unproven on big turners and swinging conditions. And as far as high profile knockout matches in ODIs are concerned  he remains a mental midget in spite of his 150 today. 

How many great players can you think of on turners and swinging conditions?

More often than not it is a lottery...consistency is the key...I have seen plenty of times top order collapses and the tailender plays a blinder on such pitches.

Situationally this was his biggest challenge and he delivered like a million bucks.

Edited by maniac
6 minutes ago, maniac said:

How many great players can you think of on turners and swinging conditions?

More often than not it is a lottery...consistency is the key...I have seen plenty of times top order collapses and the tailender plays a blinder on such pitches.

Situationally this was his biggest challenge and he delivered like a million bucks.

I don't want consistency from him on such tracks. Even 1/2 exceptional knocks on rank turners/swinging conditions will elevate his status in the pantheon of greats. He played on rank turners twice against Eng 2012, twice against SA 2015, twice against Aus 2017 and failed every single time. In England again he failed every single time. If he has just one outstanding tour of Eng (and is strictly average in the rest) or 1/2 great knocks on rank turners, his reputation will grow a great deal. 

Edited by Gollum
5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

By promoting Parthiv over Talent, shows that even Kohli has no expectation from him now. This should spur Parthiv and score a match winning 100 tomorrow, just like he did against Mumbai in last year's Ranji final! Go Parthiv!!!

And then there was  1

Positives so far: Gusty knocks by Kohli and Pandya. Saha's keeping in the first test 

India is used to losing test series "overseas" so usually what makes these series memorable is great individual performances .... 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, zen said:

Positives so far: Gusty knocks by Kohli and Pandya. Saha's keeping in the first test 

India is used to losing test series "overseas" so usually what makes these series memorable is great individual performances .... 

Indian bowling has taken 40 wickets , in spite of choosing Ishant, all under 350, has to be a record by itself. Bhuvi batting with Pandya and Ashwin in I1/I2 was a good rear-guard. Kohli stitching partnerships with Vijay, Ashwin.  Ashwin getting a 4fer in t2.  SO many positives. Aussie flat pitches ...here we come...

Great to see the Black South Africans as top 3 wicket takers for SA in the second test. SA quota system has been controversial and has been criticized a lot. I am in no position to comment on it as I do not have the full context but it must be great to see new exciting black players coming in and performing to win matches for their team. 

Rabada is a big star and Philander is also a very special bowler. Great to see Ngidi and he has a very bright future too