Can Pujara get a century

4 hours ago, zen said:

Another gem -> Now PP has changed the course of test cric .... PP :hail:

Sir T20 ka zamana hai. Ab test cricket ka logic samzana matlab deewar par sir patkane me barbara ka hai. Think this generation is getting  into the awe of T20 and wants the test cricketers to bat like they would in T20. That Pappus innings was nowhere near test class. Not even in Ranji class I would say. Only Vijay played wel. He showed some patience. 

One day we will have to prove Rahul Dravid who has lesser SR than Chet was a good batsman to next generation. Believe me there is a chance that Dravid SR will also be questioned in years to come.

Have you watched Sunny and Vengsarkar bat. I used to enjoy their batting a lot. Miandad was a gritty batsman too. 

Edited by Straight Drive
4 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

How is Chepu an all conditions batsmen? His previous overseas performances doesnt merit that accolade. 

The two innings he has batted makes me feel that. It requires sound technique, temperament and grit to survive so many balls . Others were  flopping to survive even 110 balls. He faced lot many until he got out. I think he has ton in previous your of SA as well. Buy I did not watch it. I liked the way he made opponents fight to get his wicket in couple of innings this series. Put a prize on wicket, don't hand it over to opponents on a platter.

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

The two innings he has batted makes me feel that. It requires sound technique, temperament and grit to survive so many balls . Others were  flopping to survive even 110 balls. He faced lot many until he got out. I think he has ton in previous your of SA as well. Buy I did not watch it. I liked the way he made opponents fight to get his wicket in couple of innings this series. Put a prize on wicket, don't hand it over to opponents on a platter.

Agree he has the ability and will to guts it out and that's commendable. But unless this backed up by runs (not just time at the crease) it's ultimately of limited value. Out of multiple innings, only made a couple of decent scores overseas. 

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Chet 47.49

Dravid 42.51

I do not care how much SR these two have in test match cricket. Forget about Chet, I do not even have any issue with even Dravid's SR which is far lower. 

I wonder what Chepu's South Africa/Aus/NZ/Eng strike rate is? I have no issues with how he plays in India, currently one of the best in those conditions. There he makes it up against the spinners.

7 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Sir T20 ka zamana hai. Ab test cricket ka logic samzana matlab deewar par sir patkane me barbara ka hai. Think this generation is getting  into the awe of T20 and wants the test cricketers to bat like they would in T20. That Pappus innings was nowhere near test class. Not even in Ranji class I would say. Only Vijay played wel. He showed some patience. 

One day we will have to prove Rahul Dravid who has lesser SR than Chet was a good batsman to next generation. Believe me there is a chance that Dravid SR will also be questioned in years to come.

Have you watched Sunny and Vengsarkar bat. I used to enjoy their batting a lot. Miandad was a gritty batsman too. 

SR in tests is usually for bowlers. Those of talk about it unnecessarily for batsmen provide a clue about their lack of cricketing acumen :wink:

Viru is one of my fav test cricketers because of how he revolutionized batting in tests but he was an exception. That does not mean everyone has to bat like him and folks would not appreciate a Dravid like inning. Dravid is a fav for different reasons I.e. for doing well relatively in tough batting conditions. Gavaskar and Viru, both with contrasting styles, would be my 1 and 2 picks when selecting an Ind ATG 11

When Pujara is batting, you would expect him to grind the opposition. When Pandya is batting, you would want him to go for runs. I.e. play their respective natural games and do well in doing that. The trouble is when ppl want Pujara to play like Pandya and vice versa 

I have watched Sunny, Venky and Miandad bat but have vague memories now. I do recall Sunny batting as it usually made an impression. Venky was past his best in early 90s. Javad batting was a treat to watch in 92 and 96 SF :lol: but yeah was a gritty player and probably never got an LBW decision in Pak in the era of home umpires 

Edited by zen