Violent protests in many states a day before 'Padmaavat' release

Singh bling

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/why-the-karni-sena-is-going-wild-celebrating/articleshow/62752624.cms

Why the Karni Sena is going wild celebrating

That is, the BJP lost three crucial bypolls in the land of the Rajputs. It wasn't able to retain any of the seats that elections were held for earlier this week. Yesterday's results saw all three seats going to the rival Congress party.

That was the reason 'Rajput pride' outfits, including the Karni Sena and others, gathered at Rajput Sabha Bhavan - to celebrate the Congress party's victory in the Lok Sabha seats of Ajmer and Alwar, and the Mandalgarh Rajasthan Assembly seat.

The BJP governments at the Centre and in Rajasthan "betrayed the Rajput community on the issue of Padmaavat" and for that they got their just deserts, said the Karni Sena and other groups of its ilk, who wanted the film banned for "disrespecting" the Rajput community.

"The BJP's defeat in the bypolls is a result of the ruling party's disregard for Rajput sentiments," said Karni Sena members.

BJP: We support banning the film.

Congress: We don't support banning the film.

Karni sena: We support congress now cuz BJP hurt our pride by not going against SC judgement.

Looked through various enlightening view whole thread. I have a basic questions to various pro and anti:

1. Who divulged details like "Padmavat (Deepika) has complete Romantic song with Khilaji(Ranveer)" over six months before release?
2. Who divulged details that PK has shown Hindu gods and practices in bad light over couple of months back prior to release?

Now another questions?

1. Why same was not done in case of  movie "Oh my God" where Paresh Rawal asks some very hard hitting question against Hindu practices? Why it was only after release of movie we came to know that?

2. Why was no issue in release of movie glorifying/victimising Dawoods sister "Haseena Parkar"? No one even knew when movie came , passed censor board and went?

3. Ok, "Haseena Parkar" wasnt as big starrer as PK or Padmavat but how you explain "Raees" a movies glorifying/victimizing  h declraing 1993 bomb blast RDX supplier terrorist?

Possible Answers:

1. Could it be that Hindus can also be are terrorists? Hindu Terror is real phenomenon.

2. Under BJP, "intolerance" is on rise and as Congress says India will go Pakistan way.

3. Hindus only care for issues raised in PK and Padmavat and have spies within Bollywood who only became efficient in case of these two movies? It was nothing to do with publicity via controversy?

Edited by mishra

On 1/26/2018 at 3:08 AM, BeardedAladdin said:

I don't condone violence.

But the silver lining here is that Bollywood will think twice before making period-specific, religious (read hinduism) themed movies like these.

In case of PK as well as Padmavat, I had opposing views. But I think both the time producers have made a Idiot out of me as well as everyone. Cant be fooled third time. Technique wont work.

Man I have a huge respect for Sikhs esp the gurus and men like Banda and Hari Singh , do you really want me to go down that road? Let's leave the discussion at that and not start resorting to insulting those brave figures just to score few cheap point on internet.

Good day to you.

Not just these 3 but maharajah ranjit singh as well, also don't forget contribution of gulab singh and the great heera singh as well, he was the one who started heera Mandi, ask any yusufzai or pathan or kashmiri about nalwa, gulab singh and heera singh they hate them to core, coz not only they called their false bravado, but they made a mince meat out of it and humiliated them in their own den by their own games,also remember the battle of sargarhi as well.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Not just these 3 but maharajah ranjit singh as well, also don't forget contribution of gulab singh and the great heera singh as well, he was the one who started heera Mandi, ask any yusufzai or pathan or kashmiri about nalwa, gulab singh and heera singh they hate them to core, coz not only they called their false bravado, but they made a mince meat out of it and humiliated them in their own den by their own games,also remember the battle of sargarhi as well.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Gulab Singh was a Dogra Rajput.His General Jorawar Singh Dogra was instrumental in conquering Ladakh and adjoining areas thus giving the modern day J n K it's current shape.

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Gulab Singh was a Dogra Rajput.His General Jorawar Singh Dogra was instrumental in conquering Ladakh and adjoining areas thus giving the modern day J n K it's current shape.

Gulab Singh Dogra was a traitor for Sikhs in the end , he deserted Sikhs in first anglo sikh war and made peace with Britishers , in 1857 revolt his son Ranbir singh supported  Britishers and sent his troops which had large number of sikh soldiers in it.

What really surprises me that many raise questions on sikhs role in 1857 but don't say a word for kings like Dogra's who provided active support to Britishers

17 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Gulab Singh Dogra was a traitor for Sikhs in the end , he deserted Sikhs in first anglo sikh war and made peace with Britishers , in 1857 revolt his son Ranbir singh supported  Britishers and sent his troops which had large number of sikh soldiers in it.

What really surprises me that many raise questions on sikhs role in 1857 but don't say a word for kings like Dogra's who provided active support to Britishers

Not only Dogras but other rulers too such as Scindias who actively helped British against Rani Lakshmibai.Most of the kings remained neutral and took no part in the rebellion.

Khair that was a different period. 

Karni sena withdraws protests against Padmaavat

:confused:

Relevant excerpt

"We saw the movie and do not find anything wrong or defamatory in the movie. So, we have decided to withdraw our agitation against the movie and will allow its release in Gujarat and Rajasthan."

Notice the choice of words -> WILL ALLOW ITS RELEASE

Makes a mockery of the respective state governments?

Edited by Mariyam