Mumbai Indians Fan Club - 2018

asterix

32 minutes ago, Number said:

The de facto owner was betting sure he would not have fixed according to his bets ? 

Sorry dont give assumptions and anecdotes provide evidence. There is proof in public sphere for any one willing to search that mumbai police gave evidence that  the guy gave away team composition info to bets but lost money in doing so lol ( means he was not party to that info either). If not anything if some one in the know used the info when he was right csk might have lost some games as a result. 

Just because you hate csk dont malign ipl by calling an ipl team a fixing team without an iota of evidence. Talk about self goals unfotunate. Have some eye on the big picture dont be so insular.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Sorry dont give assumptions and anecdotes provide evidence. There is proof in public sphere for any one willing to search that mumbai police gave evidence that  the guy gave away team composition info to bets but lost money in doing so lol ( means he was not party to that info either). If not anything if some one in the know used the info when he was right csk might have lost some games as a result. 

Just because you hate csk dont malign ipl by calling an ipl team a fixing team without an iota of evidence. Talk about self goals unfotunate. Have some eye on the big picture dont be so insular.

I agree if it was a proper debate with facts and figures then my comments were out of order but you have to see the whole context.

If people can call MI as bambani money fixing team, buying umpires over 50-50 decisions and all that without any iota of evidence then what I did was still lesser offense.

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

WtF did I just read????  :hysterical: OH poor man Meiyappan! He didn't even know how to make money. Vilander has first hand info he lost a lot of money betting. Such a poor innocent man Meiyappan is.

Pathetic CSK fans defending even Meiyappan. :facepalm:Not surprising though, even dhoni did it. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

WtF did I just read????  :hysterical: OH poor man Meiyappan! He didn't even know how to make money. Vilander has first hand info he lost a lot of money betting. Such a poor innocent man Meiyappan is.

Pathetic CSK fans defending even Meiyappan. :facepalm:Not surprising though, even dhoni did it. :laugh:

What are you ranting ? Who is defending him ? I am stating facts . suit yourself with your rant.

8 hours ago, Number said:

I agree if it was a proper debate with facts and figures then my comments were out of order but you have to see the whole context.

If people can call MI as bambani money fixing team, buying umpires over 50-50 decisions and all that without any iota of evidence then what I did was still lesser offense.

Oh sure. But not factual.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

Betting, team official guilty of betting. 

Prove where csk was banned for fixing. 

Your comment is an over simplification, and isn't entirely correct. I know that most posts on this thread are troll posts , but your post here warrants a serious reply. I'll try and keep it short.

To put it simply, the act of fixing is done by the cricketers. After all if a cricketer refuses to fix no matter what he gets as a financial reward, there can be no fixing. Everyone else is basically tried under the Prevention of Corruption Act (1988). Under current legal nomenclature, only public servants are under the ambit of the said act. So cricketers too have to bought under the Public Servants umbrella. But cricketers/ cricket administrators do not actually do any public service and hence aren't public servants.

On the case of Meiyappan, there was a concerted attempt by him to ask his bookies to fix an over/few deliveries. One of the bookies who squealed on him was Vindoo Dara Singh. Did he try to fix and hence 'cheat' the viewing populace? Yes he did try. The intent ( the primal decider of quantum and nature of legal punitive action) was obviously there. But, is he a public servant? Can he be tried under the Prevention of Corruption Act? Not really. So Meiyappan was charged with other smaller charges and banned for life. So whenever there is an amendment and cricketing admins/owners are included ( illogical as it may be) under the ambit of public servants, Meiyappan is likely to face the charges again and could face jail time. Very unlikely, but plausible.

Edited by Mariyam

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

This isn't entirely correct. I know that most posts on this thread are troll posts , but your post here warrants a serious reply. I'll try and keep it short.

To put it simply, the act of fixing is done by the cricketers. After all if a cricketer refuses to fix no matter what he gets as a financial reward, there can be no fixing. Everyone else is basically tried under the Prevention of Corruption Act (1988). Under current legal nomenclature, only public servants are under the ambit of the said act. So cricketers too have to bought under the Public Servants umbrella. But cricketers/ cricket administrators do not actually do any public service and hence aren't public servants.

On the case of Meiyappan, there was a concerted attempt by him to ask his bookies to fix an over/few deliveries. One of the bookies who squealed on him was Vindoo Dara Singh. Did he try to fix and hence 'cheat' the viewing populace? Yes he did try. The intent ( the primal decider of quantum and nature of legal punitive action) was obviously there. But, is he a public servant? Can he be tried under the Prevention of Corruption Act? Not really. So Meiyappan was charged with other smaller charges and banned for life. So whenever there is an amendment and cricketing admins/owners are included ( illogical as it may be) under the ambit of public servants, Meiyappan is likely to face the charges again and could face jail time. Very unlikely, but plausible.

You still have not answered where csk were proven guilty of fixing anf banned.

22 minutes ago, Vilander said:

You still have not answered where csk were proven guilty of fixing anf banned.

Wow. Such a profound reply.

Maybe you should read again. 

Shall give you a hint. My post was about Meiyappan's actions. Read up the IPL code of conduct for franchise owners/managers. Maybe, just maybe, you'd find something.

On second thoughts do not bother. Continue with your regional name calling/ trolling. I knew my post with the necessary legal background would be wasted here.

Have a good day.

Edited by Mariyam

4 minutes ago, velu said:

i have some solid proofs that bambis used their muscle and poached few players from other teams  :(( 

will post it at the appropriate time 

My suggestion would be to approach the police and/or the courts if there was any element of breaking the law or the MoUs signed by the franchises. That is what any responsible citizen would do.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

My suggestion would be to approach the police and/or the courts if there was any element of breaking the law or the MoUs signed by the franchises. That is what any responsible citizen would do.

do i need to pay lawyers fee for that ? :p:

44 minutes ago, Vilander said:

What are you ranting ? Who is defending him ? I am stating facts . suit yourself with your rant.

Dont bother he is a closet sachinista. Your stating facts will appear like defending him. As delusional as a sachinista can be.

3 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Dont bother he is a closet sachinista. Your stating facts will appear like defending him. As delusional as a sachinista can be.

What are you talking about??

I am not a 'he'. 

I am not a Sachinista. I am as much a fan of MSD, as I am of Sachin.

What are you on about? :confused: 

Whatever I've stated aren't my delusions but the LAW. In India the charge of fixing is applied on the cricketer who does the fixing and not the instigator of the fixing.

Edited by Mariyam

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I am not a 'he'. 

Whatever I've stated aren't my delusions but the LAW. In India the charge of fixing is applied on the cricketer who does the fixing and not the instigator of the fixing.

Apparently, he was talking of me. 

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Wow. Such a profound reply.

Maybe you should read again. 

Shall give you a hint. My post was about Meiyappan's actions. Read up the IPL code of conduct for franchise owners/managers. Maybe, just maybe, you'd find something.

On second thoughts do not bother. Continue with your regional name calling/ trolling. I knew my post with the necessary legal background would be wasted here.

Have a good day.

When did he name call or troll. I guess you are the one who is trolling. You're putting words into his mouth which is what lawyers do. Lawyers just beat you with legal information that nobody knows into submission. Oh and one more thing what is legal is not lawful. I'm sure a lawyer must know this. Lawyers are basically henchmen for the one who bids them more. This is how the justice system works for those who dont know.

My grandmother fought a court battle and she'd say that the lawyers are the ones benefitting the most from this. She'd say if all the parties reached an agreement, everyone would have saved a lot of money. So don't be preaching too high lady. I guess you are selectively blind here to who started this is. You are part of the mumbi club. So I say you're biased.

17 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I am not a 'he'. 

Everything is not about you woman. I was referring to Pollack. It seems he cant even spell the name right :phehe:

3 minutes ago, Garuda said:

When did he name call or troll. I guess you are the one who is trolling. You're putting words into his mouth which is what lawyers do. Lawyers just beat you with legal information that nobody knows into submission. Oh and one more thing what is legal is not lawful. I'm sure a lawyer must know this. Lawyers are basically henchmen for the one who bids them more. This is how the justice system works for those who dont know.

My grandmother fought a court battle and she'd say that the lawyers are the ones benefitting the most from this. She'd say if all the parties reached an agreement, everyone would have saved a lot of money. So don't be preaching too high lady. I guess you are selectively blind here to who started this is. You are part of the mumbi club. So I say you're biased.

The trolling/ name calling bit was in the Mumbai Indian cheating tracker/ bye bye MI thread.

Thanks for telling me how the justice system works. You may call me biased or whatever. But what I have stated is the law of the land. It is the what a court has pronounced. My personal bias has no influence on what a court decides. Once again, I am not preaching, I was stating facts about the law wrt fixing and its limitations. 

In retrospect, it clearly is a wasted attempt.