DD Playing 11

Straight Drive

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gauti is strictly a horses for the course guy. His team might even look bizarre at the start.

Honestly this time at least the team looks good before that even with Dravid/Upton or Kirsten they never gave the impression that they were there to win the tournament.Dravid overexpeimented a lot but with current regime of Ponting and Gambhir there is hope for DD.Even if they end up in final four that would be good.

12 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gauti is strictly a horses for the course guy. His team might even look bizarre at the start.

Good observation. Gauti is one Indian skipper who reads the wickets very well and that is one reason why KKR have won IPL twice. With him DD will have a changing playing 11.Maxwell will get dropped for Daniel Christian if wickets favor pace bowling all rounders. Even spinners are expected to get a rest in those cases.

Delhi got a strong line up. It will take time for them to sort order and I am ready to give Gambhir and co 2-3 games. They played a decent side today.

Remember, this team possess good batting with Maxwell coming in if we decide to drop Munro from top and play an Indian as opener like Iyer with Gambhir. That will only make middle order solid with Maxwell, Morris and Christian as hitters and Pant leading all of them.

Also, we have extra option of Jason Roy, who missed out today for Munro.

Solid squad this. I think this will be the team to beat in few games.  I am not worried at all. 

As per some report Shami was supposed to miss match for DD as he had to be present at police station due to complain lodged by wife. Is he back now and available for selection ?

That was when he had gone to kolkata for the match. It has been some  time since.