Let Prithvi Shaw replace Rohit!

shortbread

16 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Kuch bhi...nothing wrong with his technique at all. But agree, its too early for him.

Yes you are right he need to Grind in First Class cricket according to Dravid we do not wants him to be 

Yet other Fiaz Fazal or Mayank Agarwal 

Vihari / Panchal too terrific player but tuff competition in India for opening slot.

17 hours ago, shortbread said:

It's a good idea. The boy is young but his confidence must be sky high right now. Fresh off an international tournament, scored successfully abroad, captained the side and won the world cup. Let's make use of this opportunity, he is everything Rohit wants to be.

As a RHB he will be complimentary to Dhawan. Also unlike Rohit's Leyland'esque strike rate, this boy is positive from the outset. He is fitter and a better fielder than the incumbent pretender we have at the moment (this is the first time I typed so much without using NoH!t).

The biggest benefit is that Prithvi has the thirst to prove himself on the big stage and does not rely on a triple century against Malibu or whatever to prolong his career. Cmon someone in BCCI must be thinking the same.

I know lot of members here hate rohit....

Inspite of all the bashing he gets, he a gun player in one day cricket

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

I know lot of members here hate rohit....

Inspite of all the bashing he gets, he a gun player in one day cricket

In India yes, travelling to conditions where it can favour Pacers, NO!

Swing, bounce, real pace, NO!

Prithviraj Shaw is attacking, played well against some good fast bowling attack this WC......he can do the job in England. Plus he's a much better fielder

5 minutes ago, shortbread said:

In India yes, travelling to conditions where it can favour Pacers, NO!

Swing, bounce, real pace, NO!

Prithviraj Shaw is attacking, played well against some good fast bowling attack this WC......he can do the job in England. Plus he's a much better fielder

England ODI series this year?  He will be eaten alive,  his batting technique faults will be exposed big style and never be seen after 2nd ODI. 

It's International cricket and in England where even the good Indian batsmen struggle .

Save him the pain and keep nurturing  him 

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

Agreed he is like fish out of water in SA. However, once the flat wickets are provided he is going to average 40+ again. Lets wait for this tough series to get over. 

I mean these are not difficult wickets to bat on. Atleast in 2 innings he looked okayish before getting out. But that tag of HTB will keep haunting him. 

51 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

He has done well in in 50 over games in England. CT 2013 and 2017 are proof. 

No he did not!

He struggled in CT 2013 held in England, thankfully Dhawan was in top form and made up for the balls Rohit wasted. Rohit failed in all the initial games apart from a 50 against WI. Failed against Pakistan as well. Then failed in the Semi Finals and failed in the Finals! How is that 'doing well? Prithvi Shaw did well in the recently concluded World Cup

In 2017 he scored against the minnows (surprise, surprise!) and made runs against SL and Bangladesh. Failed again in the finals against Pakistan.

He will fail again against quality attacks and has been exposed on this tour! He made his debut more than 10 years ago.....TEN YEARS..... and still cannot remove the FTB tag!

I repeat NoH!t will fail in England next year and needs to be replaced now. As a consolation to all the die-hard fans of the 'Mumbai-manhoos', lets have a murthi of his installed in Sivaji Park, and all the fan boys can visit him whenever they feel like. 

Leave the National team alone!

1 hour ago, shortbread said:

Should'nt we find a solution before the WC in England next year? 

Almost every fan on this forum predicted that Rohit would struggle in SA. And so he did in tests and ODI's. However , every fan also has a belief that once he moves out of SA, he is going to show his talent again. 

IN CT he did well on those flat wickets, didn't he. 

Prithvi Shaw will find it very difficult outside asia with his initial movement which backs away from line of ball. I had to go watch his domestic videos to notice what Simon Doull pointed out.

I am amazed that he gotten so far with initial movement which takes him away from the ball, exactly opposite of all test GOAT's. He might get away with it because he is young and has fast reflexes to deal with domestic bowlers on Indian pitches.