Surprised to see Thakur playing for india

gakgupta

27 minutes ago, Khota said:

Pandya was flat this time around. SA is vulnerable to spin and jaddu could have been effective.

Even before the tests started I mentioned India should go with 2/3 spin bowlers but everyone on this forum jumped on me.

First rule of winning any game is to create mismatches and go from there.

Spin creates a big mismatch for SA as was proven in ODI.

With Shastri at top dont expect any progressive thinking.

Its all about conditions. Surfaces for ODIs and tests were completely different. Tests are not ODIs.  We played two Spinners in england last time and both zilch.

40 minutes ago, Khota said:

What more should I present to you. Right now if I can show you the sun during daytime your stance is such that you will call it a night.

8 runs is a fail.

0.66 wkts is a fail.

I understand Bhuvi has not done well but Bhuvi proved himself in tests. Pandya did not. Now if your argument is that Pandya is a better bowler than Bhuvi than I will totally disagree with you.

To prove your point you are going almost 30 years back when India had no pace bowler except kapli Dev and maybe Yuvraj Singhs father. Times have changed and India has plenty of options now so there is no need to settle for tried failures.

@Khota...Calm down dude...

This guy has damn good attitude.....

As per Dhoni and most others..it about characters...

When your back is against the wall, this guy rises irrespective of the conditions and pitches. Yeah, i agree that he became little reckless and all that will be sorted out once he is dropped.....

Lots of players were dropped only to come back stronger....I hope he will not have to be dropped to get his foot on ground but if that is the only way he has to be taught then so be it....

One more thing....he is super good friend of Kohli...so you have to bear him few more series

Shardul will never be effective as a bowler in international cricket. It doesnt matter if he gets a 4fer or 3 fer in a couple of matches. He has only medium pace, medium height, cant swing the ball much, doesnt have much control. He is very similar to Mohit Sharma, Vinay Kumar types who are dime a dozen in India. They should stop trying to push him as an international cricketer unless they want some pain inflicted. I'm pretty sure there are better options now in FC.

Edited by kubrickian
9 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Shardul will never be effective as a bowler in international cricket. It doesnt matter if he gets a 4fer or 3 fer in a couple of matches. He has only medium pace, medium height, cant swing the ball much, doesnt have much control. He is very similar to Mohit Sharma, Vinay Kumar types who are dime a dozen in India. They should stop trying to push him as an international cricketer unless they want some pain inflicted. I'm pretty sure there are better options now in FC.

140 isn't medium pace. We cannot jump on to conclusion after just one games. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

What more should I present to you. Right now if I can show you the sun during daytime your stance is such that you will call it a night.

8 runs is a fail.

0.66 wkts is a fail.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Once again for the millionth time quoting cricket averages are meaningless. They are done incorrectly. They do not know how to do averages.

Why are the hell are u presenting avg then and why do u show IPL stats which has no relevance in international cricket

I understand Bhuvi has not done well but Bhuvi proved himself in tests. Pandya did not. Now if your argument is that Pandya is a better bowler than Bhuvi than I will totally disagree with you.

To prove your point you are going almost 30 years back when India had no pace bowler except kapli Dev and maybe Yuvraj Singhs father. Times have changed and India has plenty of options now so there is no need to settle for tried failures.

Now are u plain dumb or what 

4th odi - 9 overs 30 runs with 2 wkts, + 1 runout + 1 brilliant catch

how is that non perfomance, those bowling figure are brilliant in ODI

5th odi - 10 over 39 runs and 1 wkts

Eco below 4 is gold then add a wkts 

How is that non perfomance, ru kidding me ....

How dumb can u be 

perfomances in 2 games

Rohit performed in 1 game

Rahane in 1 game 

Dhoni, iyer perfomance in 0 games 

M not saying  bhuvi is a better bowler but pandya has done better then ur main bowler . 

Ru questioning a guys place who has done more then many of ur half of ur team

Those stats i gave are for idiots like u who think a player will come n start avg like bradman , no not even the gr8 kapil avg that gr8 at start infact less then pandya . These are Sa condition u think making runs are easy just look at avg of yuvraj, gambhir, kapil, rohit, raina in their 1st tour....what did they do 

Pandya isnt ur pace bowler he is an all rounder

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I would have given two games to Axar. To be frank would have tried jaddu too and see the outcome.

N what about batting firepower ....

U want rahane at 4 who s/r is below 80...

U want karthik at 5 s/r is 72 and avg is worse then pandya 

God knws whom u want at 6 , i assume raina who was dropped for poor perfomances and has been unreliable for ages

No solidity n no firepower in middle order and then u add axar patel . Look at ur batting what do u need cushion in batting or bowling

Our bowling has done well, why do u wanna boost it more. 

Nobody fires in every series specially for a youngster in difficult condition its tough in 1st series 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Pandya was flat this time around. SA is vulnerable to spin and jaddu could have been effective.

Even before the tests started I mentioned India should go with 2/3 spin bowlers but everyone on this forum jumped on me.

Did u even watch test, how many overs did spinners bowled. Only 2nd test had something 

Jadeja cant hold bat overseas so minus the 1st test innings of pandya 

Only a fool wud have played 2 spinners on those tracks 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

First rule of winning any game is to create mismatches and go from there.

What does that even mean

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Spin creates a big mismatch for SA as was proven in ODI.

With Shastri at top dont expect any progressive thinking.

Again are u watching the games. Pitches in test n odi were poles apart 

Gawd ur the dumbest person i hve seen on this forum , oh wait actually im ...coz im trying to explain someone who says IPL perfomances hold more weightage then international 

14 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

He bowled 148k in Sri lanka ......thats quite fast 

How tall was Malcolm marshal . Even agarkar wasnt that tall but he generated good pace 

He balls a far heavier ball then mohit sharma n has a really good outswinger. 

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

@Khota...Calm down dude...

This guy has damn good attitude.....

As per Dhoni and most others..it about characters...

When your back is against the wall, this guy rises irrespective of the conditions and pitches. Yeah, i agree that he became little reckless and all that will be sorted out once he is dropped.....

Lots of players were dropped only to come back stronger....I hope he will not have to be dropped to get his foot on ground but if that is the only way he has to be taught then so be it....

One more thing....he is super good friend of Kohli...so you have to bear him few more series

Now I get it.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why are the hell are u presenting avg then and why do u show IPL stats which has no relevance in international cricket

I am presenting side by side comparison. Your sleeping  thru your stats class is not my problem.

Now are u plain dumb or what 

4th odi - 9 overs 30 runs with 2 wkts, + 1 runout + 1 brilliant catch

how is that non perfomance, those bowling figure are brilliant in ODI

Eco below 4 is gold then add a wkts 

How is that non perfomance, ru kidding me ....

How dumb can u be 

perfomances in 2 games

Rohit performed in 1 game

Rahane in 1 game 

Dhoni, iyer perfomance in 0 games 

M not saying  bhuvi is a better bowler but pandya has done better then ur main bowler . 

Ru questioning a guys place who has done more then many of ur half of ur team

Those stats i gave are for idiots like u who think a player will come n start avg like bradman , no not even the gr8 kapil avg that gr8 at start infact less then pandya . These are Sa condition u think making runs are easy just look at avg of yuvraj, gambhir, kapil, rohit, raina in their 1st tour....what did they do 

Pandya isnt ur pace bowler he is an all rounder

You are losing it. Count to ten before posting.

Now you are adding his catches and run outs etc. I know there should be a place for that but we are strictly discussing batting and bowling.

N what about batting firepower ....

U want rahane at 4 who s/r is below 80...

U want karthik at 5 s/r is 72 and avg is worse then pandya 

God knws whom u want at 6 , i assume raina who was dropped for poor perfomances and has been unreliable for ages

No solidity n no firepower in middle order and then u add axar patel . Look at ur batting what do u need cushion in batting or bowling

Our bowling has done well, why do u wanna boost it more. 

Nobody fires in every series specially for a youngster in difficult condition its tough in 1st series 

These 3 are better batsman then your boy or any other name you can come up with.

What does that even mean

That is your problem. Now I understand why I am having difficulty explaing things to you. Not your fault.

Again are u watching the games. Pitches in test n odi were poles apart 

Gawd ur the dumbest person i hve seen on this forum , oh wait actually im ...coz im trying to explain someone who says IPL perfomances hold more weightage then international 

OK

1 minute ago, Khota said:

I am presenting side by side comparison. Your sleeping  thru your stats class is not my problem.

Didnt i gave u side by side comparison......

waha tumhare stats stats .....baaki stats meaningless 

You are losing it. Count to ten before posting.

Now you are adding his catches and run outs etc. I know there should be a place for that but we are strictly discussing batting and bowling.

Read properly i have given his bowling stats 

READ PROPERLY 

These 3 are better batsman then your boy or any other name you can come up with.

At no. 7 ur not looking at batsman u look at all rounder, hitter, utility player

Rahane n karthik doesnt even deserve to be in team 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Didnt i gave u side by side comparison......

waha tumhare stats stats .....baaki stats meaningless 

Read properly i have given his bowling stats 

READ PROPERLY 

At no. 7 ur not looking at batsman u look at all rounder, hitter, utility player

Rahane n karthik doesnt even deserve to be in team 

Look at the side by side stats. 

Let us  chose to call Pandya a batsman. Then he was the worst.

Let us call him a bowler then he was the worst.

Which part of absolutely worst you dont understand?

If any of the three players I have mentioned get to play they will outperform him. In your alternate world you can keep on believing that you are right all the time.

I will call you an idiot like you did to me but will prove that you are one.

rahane side by side average 35 >>>>>>>>>pandya 8.

But your convoluted logic for Pandya:

batting ave 8

Catch = 50 runs

Run out = 25 run each

hair color = 30 runs

good attitude = 37 runs

If I add that it is better than Kohli also. Yes Pandya is the bestest.

Hardik Pandya has the highest strike-rate ( SR of  115 )    in the history of Indian ODI cricket. 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_strike_rate;qualmin1=500;qualval1=runs;team=6;template=results;type=batting

Basically, he scores 25.1  runs per innings on an average ... and scores them off 21.7  balls on an average.

And therein lies his utility as a lower-middle -order batsman ... as they need  to be able to come in and score at a high SR and start hitting immediately.

We need atleast one more high SR batter like him in the lower-middle order.

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

4th odi - 9 overs 30 runs with 2 wkts

U call that worst bowling.......:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

In his ODI career,  Pandya has an economy rate of less than 5.5 in an era of  frequent 6+ innings ERs.

Plus, he takes 1 wicket every match on an average.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/625371.html

Definitely performs his role as a 5th bowler, especially given the fact that he adds value as a high SR batter as an addition.

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Hardik Pandya has the highest strike-rate ( SR of  115 )    in the history of Indian ODI cricket. 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_strike_rate;qualmin1=500;qualval1=runs;team=6;template=results;type=batting

Basically, he scores 25.1  runs per innings on an average ... and scores them off 21.7  balls on an average.

And therein lies his utility as a lower-middle -order batsman ... as they need  to be able to come in and score at a high SR and start hitting immediately.

We need atleast one more high SR batter like him in the lower-middle order.

Yes scoring 8 runs on the average of 6 balls is just fantastic. That is what exactly India needs.